Community discussions

MikroTik App

Syonyk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Constantly ramping CPU usage under 2.9

Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:55 pm

Both of our 2.9 routers are having issues with CPU usage ramping up to 100% over the course of several weeks. One is running Hotspot, the other is just serving as a router/VPN server.

I'm running 2.9.3 on the Hotspot router, and 2.9rc7 on the "plain routing" router. Both seem to be doing this with some consistency.

Is there any way to tell what's going on and sucking the CPU? I don't like having to reboot routers at regular intervals.

I've pulled the supout.rif files & sent them to support, as well.

-=Russ=-

boardman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

I have the same problem

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:50 pm

My router 2.9.5 is having the same problem with the CPU usage, simple config, a mikrotik just doing NAT and 8 simple queues.

I can not found the source of all that much CPU usage.

Syonyk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:26 pm

Here are some graphs from some of our systems. This is NOT NORMAL.

I've sent in supout.rif files, and was told to upgrade to 2.9.5 and see if it persisted, but it seems that someone here has 2.9.5 and the same problems.

-=Russ=-

wiacomm
just joined

100% CPU usage

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:28 pm

I have sent supout to support, tried freeing up space and also limiting all logging to disk or echo but I still cant find what is causing this. Every time 100% reached the router freezes up, dont lose the hotspot customers thank God but its a problem. The docs for 2.9.6 say it will fix the dhcp mem leak but doesnt look as it it did. How to clear dhcp cache if that is the problem. Or maybe it is a dhcp server setup mis-setting. Havent been able to get an answer yet. Anyone got an answer yet?
Cynthia

Syonyk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:27 pm

Mikrotik guys, this is a serious issue. The only solution I've found is to reboot our routers every week and a half or two weeks, which kicks off 200+ hotspot users at one of our locations. I've set up cookie logins so it's not *as* annoying, but there's something seriously wrong here. Multiple people are reporting this problem, on multiple versions of 2.9, and have sent in the requested support files. Is there at least a fix in the works?

-=Russ=-

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:47 pm

everyone make supout.rif files at the peak of the problem and send to support use 2.9.6

wiacomm
just joined

supout sent

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:06 pm

I just sent the third one, any news yet if a fix is found?