Community discussions

MikroTik App

diode
Topic Author

Nstreme Working again - Wlan super fast - thank you mikrotik - 6.33

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi,

after quite some productive communication with the mikrotik support I finally want to announce:

Nstreme is now quite stable in noisy environments and works again for outdoor link. Since 6.33 (you need to use the wireless-cm2 paket) its lightning fast again, especially also for single tcp connects. Also for older hardware (802.11n).

I have switched back from nv2, which was just in place for its connection stability, to nstreme as its ok for productive noisy environment use again.

Just one trick: if you have a single customer with seldome disconnects (not polled for too long etc), you can set the scan list to just the channel used, so the reconnect will be within a few 100 ms.
mostly, even the wirelessinterface will not go down during a disconnect - reconnect event, so youre not loosing any pakets or tcp links.

I'd like mikrotik to change the "for frequency to connect scanning algorithm", so that it will at first search on the same channel again after a disconnect event, to regain a lost connection, instead for scanning different channels first. at least for reasonable strong signals.
that would get the impact of a reconnect event near to zero - when you have a short diconnect due to interference, its useless to search on different channels first, instead to regain the lost link.

Thanks you Mikrotik Team
Maria / Austria (WISP)

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Nstreme Working again - Wlan super fast - thank you mikrotik - 6.33

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:43 pm

I just tried it. Yes there are no disconnects, it it stable. Latency is lower as expected. But with .ac hardware I tested a link and got 130mbit/s max speed. Switching to nv2 gives me 300mbit/s - no other changes.
I may try different links these days to see how it is.

gius64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:09 pm

It's a great news!
I'm wondering why didn't MikroTik announce this...

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:00 am

Did a test with a 802.11n link. Upgrading from 6.30/wireless-fp to 6.33/wireless-cm2 seems to improve single speed tcp with nv2. With bandwidth test nstreme got a short disconnect while nv2 is stable. nv2 speeds are equal to nstreme. Latency with no traffic nv2 is 3ms nstreme is 1ms. With load nv2 is 4ms nstreme is 20ms.

So nv2 is better for ptp with 11n links.