Community discussions

MikroTik App

doneware
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

feature request: comment field in crs switch vlan config

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:48 pm

it would be soo nice to have a comment attribute in the switch CLI so i can remember why i configured that vlan.
right now everything is cool inside the "router part", but the switch config is clunky.
i'd also have a vlan name there - similar to the interface names in routerOS.
a name what i could use to reference to VLANs as objects in other part of the switch configuration:
/interface ethernet switch vlan add name="management" vlan-id=666 comment="guess what is this" ports="ether1,ether2"
/interface ethernet switch ingress-vlan-translation add ports=ether1 new-customer-vid=management
/interface ethernet switch egress-vlan-tagging add tagged-ports=ether2 vlan-id=management
this is just for UI interaction and abstraction. of course the actual values need to be programmed into the switch chip, and i understand the consequences: when i change something in a vlan object, it needs to re-program all the stuff which is normally generated by the other config commands referencing somehow the changed vlan object.

but the comment part is piece of cake. please.

jkaberg
just joined

Re: feature request: comment field in crs switch vlan config

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:14 am

I'd also like to see this, would make it a lot easier to remember things you've set/done.

paulct

Re: feature request: comment field in crs switch vlan config

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:52 pm

+1 It would be very useful.