Community discussions

MikroTik App

doneware
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

feature request: edit ROS object/parameter list in CLI

Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:08 pm

this is my other pain, the parameter lists in various places. It's very good that some attirbutes can have multiple values, like the "ip services address=a,b,c" or "/ip route vrf interfaces". but how i enter those values is pretty cumbersome.
the same applies to various switch configuration parts, like "inter ether switch vlan" or egress-vlan-tagging, etc.

OK, i can do it one, but afterwards if i need to edit this, it's very easy to fvck it up. In the GUI there's a good approach to solve this issue, but that does not apply to the CLI. and folks like me love to use CLI.

yes, i know, there's the edit command, been there, done that. makes things easier, but lacks of the most vital part of routerOS CLI: command and value completion and syntax highlighting.

I'm looking for something like this. Say i have the following configuration in the switch:
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, D - dynamic 
 0 D vlan-id=4095 tagged-ports="" 
 1   vlan-id=3999 tagged-ports=sfp10 
 2   vlan-id=3700 tagged-ports=ether2,sfp9,sfp12 
I want to add ether1 to be game, so VLAN 3999 will be tagged as it exists through this port. and remove ether2 from VLAN3790. I imagined this command to solve the issue:
push 1 tagged-ports=ether1
pop 2 tagged-ports=ether2
or similar. I know, it's kinda "niche market", but it would bring lots ease to the CLI based config manipulation.