Community discussions

MikroTik App

AYcoo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

how can i limit users according to amount of download ?

Thu May 19, 2016 8:50 pm

how can i limit users according to amount of download ?
i have 15 users some of them download alot and i want to limit them after they reach 6 gig per day
my ip for users 10.0.0.1 can anyone please help and explain steps because i am new at this

AYcoo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: how can i limit users according to amount of download ?

Sat May 21, 2016 9:03 am

help please

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon May 23, 2016 11:40 am

write different simple queries and simple script that switch them for, after exceeding their limit, throttling heavily them further.
it would be easier if queries support address lists as arguments for input/output. so you can use it for consumers put in them(with sane/relevant time-out, generally)rather than market connections.
or you can simply implement(because 80% over-consumption is p2p/bittorent)torrent detection and throttling or even completely shut it off. i forgot relevant topic, but there was quite handy thread about some time ago(you can use "search" above to find it).

Deantwo

Tue May 24, 2016 3:44 pm

help please
Mmh, LMGTFY.

Sorry I couldn't help it. But this question is literally asked every week, the most asked question on the forum I fear.

AYcoo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed May 25, 2016 7:00 am

help please
Mmh, LMGTFY.

Sorry I couldn't help it. But this question is literally asked every week, the most asked question on the forum I fear.
:lol: maybe because it is so important that we need to limit speed to save bandwidth or it is a problem .mikrotik should solve this in sort of way by now shouldn't they ?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed May 25, 2016 8:06 am

maybe because it is so important that we need to limit speed to save bandwidth or it is a problem .mikrotik should solve this in sort of way by now shouldn't they ?
This is a common task, well explained in the manual. It would be great if you could read the manual first, experiment yourself, and if you don't succeed - then ask for Forum user help, with specific configuration that you already made.

AYcoo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed May 25, 2016 8:34 am

maybe because it is so important that we need to limit speed to save bandwidth or it is a problem .mikrotik should solve this in sort of way by now shouldn't they ?
This is a common task, well explained in the manual. It would be great if you could read the manual first, experiment yourself, and if you don't succeed - then ask for Forum user help, with specific configuration that you already made.
i did , maybe u can help this is my topic here http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=108553

or u could give link to it thanx

derr12

Wed May 25, 2016 9:56 pm

User manager + hotspot does this really well out of the box with minimal screwing around.

derr12

Wed May 25, 2016 9:57 pm

AH scratch that. looks like you have perminant users. i was thinking about pay as you go.

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu May 26, 2016 7:00 am

AH scratch that. looks like you have perminant users. i was thinking about pay as you go.
oh... for roaming users - you need use "hotspot" package(and had to had appropriate ROS license level for that, btw).