MikroTik App

debian
just joined
Topic Author

Downgrade 6.36 and run after reset

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:15 am

Model: RouterBOARD LHG 5nD

is it possible? when i try do downgrade isn´t working on 6.36

i was testing the reset configuration too and when i put the file on run after reset,the  procedure isn´t working  :S

Any idea?

Thanks!

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Downgrade 6.36 and run after reset

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:47 am

You are doing something wrong. Describe what exactly you did. You cannot downgrade below the original version with which the router was shipped from factory.

debian
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:59 am

You are doing something wrong. Describe what exactly you did. You cannot downgrade below the original version with which the router was shipped from factory.
yes, you have reason, i forgot this :/ im sorry!!!  however  run after reset isn´t working , i tested on 6.35.4, and 6.36 and nothing, we are working with 6.33 on our network and it´s working good :/
Thanks for your help!!! :D

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 pm

I may have the same problem, but I did not downgrade.
I have a RB951G-2HnD and I have a config for it that I want to load in it.
So I set the config to default, I do a reset-config with script after reset, and the router remains unreachable.

The config is an edited version (with IP addresses and name changed) of a config from another router that I want to clone.
The whole procedure is SOOO FRUSTRATING as (I know) the script will terminate whenever it encounters an error, and
there is no logfile.   I can only guess what went wrong, take that config item out of the file and make a note that it has to
be re-entered later, and try again.  Again nothing.

MikroTik, there has to be a better way!!

1. the script should NOT stop when it encounters an error, but proceed to the next line.
2. the errors of script execution should be written in a logfile so it can be examined when the config is finished.

I have tried many things and still no result.  It seems like I have to just re-do everything that I had setup on the other router?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Went through a session of pasting my config into the router section by section (sometimes removing existing default config first)
and I have seen not a single error.
So most likely is that the run-after-reset is indeed broken!
But I have used it in the past, albeit with a config that was saved by the same router.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I have made a Ticket, but so far only got the receipt confirmation.
As I don't have a spare router to further test it I will wait for their reply.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Reply on my ticket was that they will look into methods of checking what is going on during the import after reset.
(i.e. some logging of errors, hopefully also to continue after an error)

It is still not clear to me why it fails to work, after lots of tries, but hopefully this new feature will reveal that once it is available.