Community discussions

MikroTik App

vishakhdeep
just joined
Topic Author

How to use fair Usage Policy in microtik rb 3011

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:04 pm

How to use limit speed after amount of traffic given in microtik rb 3011
Last edited by vishakhdeep on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vishakhdeep
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to use fair Usage Policy in microtik rb 3011

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Limiting a user to a given amount of traffic

actually i want to give a user 1mbps speed and 10 gb data, after 10 gb speed should reduce to 512 mbps automaticall, as a monthly cycle,,

what should i do plz help me

vishakhdeep
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:23 pm

hello

i use MikroTik rb3011
i want to reduce speed after 10gb download

How?

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:38 pm

There's no built-in mechanism for this - at least not a function native to ROS itself.

Some people have written scripts to do this sort of thing (search the forums - don't post over and over because you're not getting an answer right away).

Another thing to research is RADIUS session updates (I have seen some discussions on that topic as well, but it might not be supported)
Basically, if the router can send periodic AAA accounting updates to your RADIUS server, and if that server can watch the totals and then send a session modification message to the Mikrotik which does something like change the cusomter's traffic class to a limited class, that would do what you want.

I don't have anything more specific to offer you for advice on this subject - I've never implemented such a thing myself, but this is generally how such things are done.

AzAel76
just joined

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:36 am

I have built a few Post paid POP's using Mikrotik User Manager and some monthly reset scripts that i found in the wiki.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling

I have been using it for PPPoE & Hotspot purposes and i have it uploading daily usage to a separate billing engine

I have customers i shape automagically after using their monthly quota using Usermanager and then these scripts reset the quotas and there connections at 10 minutes to midnight on the last day of every month.

You will need to test, tweak, and modify to your requirements, also the syntax is a little dated. I have been using it for a couple of years now on various models and ros versions including RB2011, CCR1009, ccr1036 and ROS 5.xx and 6.xx

Good Luck