Community discussions

MikroTik App

pchott
Topic Author

GPON ONU module no details

Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:45 pm

I just got 2 GPON ONU module but when put into MikroTik routers they seems that are not detecting SFP modul details (funny is same at both) but say "Modul Present". RouterOS is 6.36.3 (tested also on 6.33.3).

Is it possible that are both modules broken or there are any details that I forgot?

Subquestion: I think it should work if "SFP-Modul SFP GbE-BX10-D" is on ISP site? OR? (cos I don't recieve no data)

Thanks for any tips......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: GPON ONU module no details

Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Not sure if I got your situation right, are you trying to use two GPON modules for a PTP fiber link?

GPON module should be connected to an existing FTTH network (OLT, etc) on the remote end of the fiber to work.

It won't work if the fiber connects to a regular SFP module, or another GPON module on the remote end.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Subquestion: I think it should work if "SFP-Modul SFP GbE-BX10-D" is on ISP site? OR? (cos I don't recieve no data)
If you want to connect two sites using a fiber PTP link, you need two SFP modules, of compatible:

- fiber strands
- fiber mode/wavelenght
- distance

for it to work.

The module at the ISP end seems to be Cisco 10GBASE-BX10-D Bidirectional for 10km (Downstream)... if this really is what is connected at the remote end of the fiber run, you'll need the SFP module that "partners" with it, i.e. a 10GBASE-BX10-U (Upstream) model.

These are bidirectional modules, able to Tx/Rx over a single strand of fiber, and thus, price will be rather steep; is it very possible that for the price of a single 10GBASE-BX10-U, you could get a S+2332LC10D complete kit, with the two modules needed:

pchott
Topic Author

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Thanks for replys

ISP could not or didnt want to provide mi with information. So I have to order their converter.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:23 pm

My GPON ONU works well, but also show no details in CRS125. Do you have someone working GPON SFP with details about SFP module? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Nobody?

bajodel
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 am

My GPON ONU works well, but also show no details in CRS125. Do you have someone working GPON SFP with details about SFP module? Thanks
I'm sorry I've no answer, but I have a question :-D ..what do you have/use on the other side (olt)?

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm sorry I've no answer, but I have a question :-D ..what do you have/use on the other side (olt)?
https://www.raisecom.com/product/standalone-gpon-olt

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:30 pm

https://www.raisecom.com/product/standalone-gpon-olt
Not sure about Raisecom gpon olt, but Raisecom epon olt works almost exclusively with ONUs (ONTs) produced by Raisecom.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:07 am

Well - today I finally got a Mikrotik (( 2011UiAS-2HnD )) with a Mikrotik GPON SFP talking to my Adtran TA-5000 head end.

You can pretty much forget about using google for help on this topic (Mikrotik GPON to Adtran) --- I found nothing after a month of searching.

What you need to do is configure the head-end for your GPON network to treat the Mikrotik GPON SFP module like a regular GPON bridge device (NOT a residential gateway).

The Mikrotik SFP interface does NOT need a vlan - - Treat the Mikrotik SFP interface with the GPON module inserted just like a regular Ethernet connection.

---
FYI
I still have a lot of work to try and test. I want to get it to pass vlans - and possibly get a SubH (out-of-band-management) working on my Mikrotik.

North Idaho Tom Jones