Community discussions

MikroTik App

RudeBoy
just joined
Topic Author

why speed is low ?????

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:05 am

why is it again necessary to be dug up in instructions, climb on the searching system that though that worked????
why from a box does work NOTHING ???????????
did conduct a test speed internet on wi-fi, mikrotik beginning to the swing 50 return 40, zuxel beginning to the swing 69, return 90, why so????? why by default nothing does work ???????????

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: why speed is low ?????

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:30 am

Because of hands that have touched it.

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:56 am

I would guess that it is because you do not understand how to configure the device.

RudeBoy
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:31 am

to configure the device without technical support, the set of functions I do not see real, why do I have to configure ???? I gave the money for the device, not a headache

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 am

you paid for a device.
you did not pay to have it configured for your network.
If you are unable to learn, you should not have this device.

RudeBoy
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:44 am

I without your advice a great deal, what do I device to buy. I can easily set up eoip, capsman, but I don't understand why simple functions do not work in a configuration by default. router any other brand requires minimal settings, and Yes, it has Russian menu, to configure Mikrotik I need a dictionary to dig and it is not clear what set show it will earn, a lot of illogical and unnecessary settings, developers take up zuxel router, start it by default and you can compare your brick with the default settings

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:49 am

It's only your fault that you are not educated or experienced enough to be able to configure a mikrotik device. Buy zuxel and keep smiling.

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 am

I'm sorry, I will not feel bad for you. If you didn't research the product, then it's your own fault.
The hardware is good, and fast. Even the cheap units are fast.
MikroTik can not predict what you need configured, so it is a very basic configuration. Even then, it will pass 200~500mbps. If it is slow, then it is because you did something wrong.

Coming here and complaining about how bad it is will not get anyone to help you.

RudeBoy
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:15 am

don't get me wrong, I don't intend to start a scandal or offend anyone, all I want is to work the functions that I ask

RudeBoy
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:17 am

It's only your fault that you are not educated or experienced enough to be able to configure a mikrotik device. Buy zuxel and keep smiling.
I will write here all the flaws, so people know what you give your money)

paulct

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:30 am

There seems to be a lot of threads like these lately. Where are they coming out of the woodwork?

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 am

I think the lower cost units (US $59) and the availability on Amazon and other sites is driving more "low end" users to the products.
I do wish that the marketing would state "Not for beginners"

paulct

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:59 am

I think the lower cost units (US $59) and the availability on Amazon and other sites is driving more "low end" users to the products.
I do wish that the marketing would state "Not for beginners"
Yup, I have no problem people being "beginners" or asking questions as long as they are polite, research their topic, and search for other posts before creating new threads.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:09 am

Exactly. So far there are just few from all those hundreds thousands that have enough time to spend it abusing here. I believe we can handle them easily. I think that such people should have their voices here too, otherwise the picture about the mikrotik community could not be complete. Let everyone makes his own opinion (also about the product, but mainly about the authors) reading the angry nonsenses from those people.

Freedom and peace! :-)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:18 am

Do a system reset. Leave default config. It works out of the box.

You don't have to configure it, if you are not sure what each setting does. Just leave it at defaults and it will work. If your speed is lower than some other device, most likely it means you are comparing it to a different kind of device (bigger antennas, etc).