Community discussions

MikroTik App

rtacheny
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Using Ethernet on Wireless Repeater

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:38 am

I'm not super versed in networking and realized after running wireless setup-repeater that this doesn't allow for a device connected on the ethernet to connect to the internet. I want to use the wireless repeater feature to extend my network on a far point of my house, with seemless roaming, however I also want to use the ethernet on this device as well. How can I do this? main home router is a Netgear and detects as pseudo-bridge. Repeater device is a wAP.

ivicask

Re: Using Ethernet on Wireless Repeater

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Maybe try creating 2 WIFI interfaces one station other AP, than bridge all together, you will have internet on LAN port, and you can also create another WIFI network with same SSID which would act as it was repeated.

SystemErrorMessage

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:30 am

The best solution is to use the AV2 powerline adapters if you cannot wire the wifi APs up.

You need to bridge the ethernet interface to the SSID if it is possible, if not you can always use routing.

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:19 am

Go into the device managment interface (either web or winbox), navigate to bridge menu and to ports tab. There add the ethernet port(s) you want to connect your device into, to the existing bridge interface. Voila!