Community discussions

MikroTik App

ThisNerdyGuy
just joined
Topic Author

6.38rc40 USB620L Support?

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello,

I have upgraded my 951G to rc40 as I saw support for U620L has been added.

When I plug the U620L into the USB port on the 951G, it boots up; but it does not do so normally. It starts off with the LED being RED, then flashes for a few seconds, before appearing green/normal. Boot-up does not behave in this manner when plugged into a Windows/Mac device locally.

I see it register as an LTE device within interfaces; but the settings are never retained. When I go to Status, I see it drops offline for a minute, reconnects for a minute, then drops offline once more; this process continues never-ending.

I have reviewed, and followed: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/LTE
but as I said, the device is dropping offline and it appears the settings are being dropped with the connection. I will set APN, and desired network frequencies and it will be blank the next time I view it (this is after hitting Apply>OK).

It is also worth mentioning that when I am editing the device settings, if I go to Scan, I am told there is no serial interface on this modem.

Googling the error for this modem led me to:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/sup ... -17-15.pdf

How can I assist in adding U620L support to Mikrotik?
This is my first (real) post here; what would be the best process? Just open a support ticket with supout.rif?
I figured posting here would be a good first step, if nothing else.

ThisNerdyGuy
just joined
Topic Author

Re: 6.38rc40 USB620L Support?

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:44 pm

I have no earthly idea what happened.

I woke up this morning and, for good measure, went back over the LTE Interface wiki page.

I am now successfully connected.

Still receiving the "There is no serial connection" error - but I am posting this reply connected to my 951G via the U620L. :)

phil1995
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: 6.38rc40 USB620L Support?

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:37 pm

I have the exact same issue. Mine, however has not corrected itself as yours appears to of have. I am running RC54. I have not let mine sit for an extended period though, as you have.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?