Community discussions

MikroTik App

dash
Topic Author

Unallowed/accidentaly client is roaming to a different hotspot

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi guys,
I sporadically observe a very strange behaviour in a hotel wifi (ROS 6.37.3, CCR1009 capsman managed wifi with 20 Cap2n AP devices). And i need your help...

The network is set up with three wifi's (admin (hidden/secured), gast (open), gast-biz (visible/secured)).
gast network (one user shared for all clients) and gast-biz network (radius usermanager) are both running a hotspot with landing page. Both use different IP address ranges with their own DHCP.
shtl_simple.png
In the screenshot below you can see that a user (192.168.111.33) of the Gast hotspot interface is roamed to the gast-biz interface, even though it didnt connect to the gast-biz wifi (i did not give out a key...). He successfully received an IP (192.168.11.254) of the gast-biz dhcp. The login to the landing page failed because he was trying the generic login (user gast) for the gast network and he hasnt had a voucher for the gast-business network from the radius server. I think he did not even know that he is on the gast-biz landing page.
Unbenannt.PNG
Is the router itself pushing this client to the other interface?

Since the gast-biz netzwork is on a secured wifi i thought only people with the wifi key should be able to reach it and should get the appropriate ip to reach the landing page. That is obviously NOT the case! What is wrong here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dash
Topic Author

Re: Unallowed/accidentaly client is roaming to a different hotspot

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:16 am

noone?