Community discussions

MikroTik App

psyjoniz
just joined
Topic Author

ChangeIp.com

Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello and apologies for posting here as this is off-topic and not even related to this site, however, this is also the only place I can find online right now that mentions changeip.com and issues getting connected there. Does anyone out there use their services and if so are you able to access anything with them? I have checked from a few endpoints and also with http://downuptime.net/changeip.com.html which all indicate failure.

Again, sorry for posting non-related content and I understand if an admin wants to drop this thread I just wanted to throw out a line somewhere.

Cheers,
-psy

mac86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

changeip.com is down?

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi, seems like changeip.com is down?

We use changeIP in order to setup DDNS on many RouterOS devices.

CsXen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: ChangeIp.com

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:09 am

Hi.
I found a piece of information for you:
(https://twitter.com/changeipcom?lang=en)

>Tweets

> ChangeIP.com ‏@ChangeIPcom - 2016. dec. 12.
>Due to the size of the database, restore process is taking longer than anticipated and we are unable to provide a firm recovery time.

> ChangeIP.com ‏@ChangeIPcom - 2016. dec. 12.
>Yesterday at 1PM PST we suffered a system wide DB failure that cascaded to all of our DB systems. Restore been on going since yesterday.

I hope they will back soon. I use them too.

Best regards: CsXen

Update: You can read this on changeip.com main webpage:

Service Status

Sunday 12/11/2016 at 1PM PT we experienced a database failure that cascaded through all of our redundant systems.
At 2PM PT we started the process of restoring data from systems backup. Unfortunately due to the size of the database
the restore process is taking much longer than anticipated. Once the database restore process is complete, systems
operations will be returned to normal.

Monday 12/12/2016 6:30PM PT: We are still waiting on system to complete database restore.

mac86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Still fixing....

Service Status

Sunday 12/11/2016 at 1PM PT we experienced a database failure that cascaded through all of our redundant systems.
At 2PM PT we started the process of restoring data from systems backup. Unfortunately due to the size of the database
the restore process is taking much longer than anticipated. Once the database restore process is complete, systems
operations will be returned to normal.

Monday 12/12/2016 6:30PM PT: We are still waiting on system to complete database restore.

CsXen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:22 am

Hi.
ChangeIP down again ? If I try to connect to their webpage, I get:
>Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /var/www/html/cip/includes/configuration.php on line 210 Could not connect: Too many connections

Best regards: Xen