Community discussions

MikroTik App

acidu
Topic Author

groove A-52Hpn stuck in boot from ethernet

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:28 pm

I need some advices regarding a groove A-52Hpn on witch I selected boot brom ethernet from winbox and now it is stuck there, I can see it with netinstall, it will install anything...will reboot...and then back on boot from ethernet and if he doesn`t finds netinstall opened...it will reboot forever and ever

how can I reset the settings from routerBOOT, or how can I install/ overwrite the installed routerBOOT in this situation.

is there any way I can jtag it? I`v tried but no response, jtag is OFF from routerBOOT on groove is seems

thank you

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: groove A-52Hpn stuck in boot from ethernet

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Looks like main booter may be damaged.

Try to connect to the Groove, go to System > Routerboard Settings and Tick "Force backup booter", see if that makes a difference.

acidu
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:31 pm

it`s stuck in a reboot loop, time loop, like us here on this planet/holo, I can not acces it by jtag or by winbox, :)))
it is hard to know when you are in a time loop that you are in a time loop, maybe in future rooterBOOT, after the groove restarts like crazy...it will see that and after n# of restartst it will clear itself the routerBOOT to defaults... is it hard to programm this in a routerBOOT? ... in this way groove will know that he is in a time loop :)

thank you

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:34 am

Try using netinstall with a configure script that includes
/system routerboard settings set force-backup-booter=yes

acidu
Topic Author

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 am

I`v used netinstall 6.37.3 and uploaded 6.37.3 npk...it rebouted after...with first 2 leds on..didn`t rebouted again like it used to...I left it like that for 10 minutes...and nothing....no beep beep no reboot. Turn off power hold reset...turn on power while reset butt still pressed ....exact 5 sec when all leds went on....I released the button...waited a couple of sec...and then BEEP BEEp,
It`s ALIVE pfff

I`v update it`s bootldr to 3.3 all good now