Hi

Rest API for v7 would be nice.

So hard to understand the existing API

Tony

gamerxp
just joined

Re: v7 REST API

Mon May 08, 2017 9:44 am

I wrote some script with php and provided API Libs from Wiki. But when writing your own libs/connector its would be pain. So REST API would be appreciated. Less proprietary More open.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 08, 2017 12:28 pm

If Mikrotik are to do anything, they should go towards the industry standard Netconf/YANG with RestConf

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf- ... estconf-18

This will help Mikrotik in the Service Provider and the Datacentre space, as both markets "automate all the things" restconf seems to be the standard.

So who else uses Restconf, well Cisco IOS-XE, Juniper JunOS, Nokia SRos to name but a few.

brotherdust
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:49 pm

If Mikrotik are to do anything, they should go towards the industry standard Netconf/YANG with RestConf

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf- ... estconf-18

This will help Mikrotik in the Service Provider and the Datacentre space, as both markets "automate all the things" restconf seems to be the standard.

So who else uses Restconf, well Cisco IOS-XE, Juniper JunOS, Nokia SRos to name but a few.
+1 agree! On a side note, I'm working my way up to using Ansible + NAPALM with the RouterOS driver. The underlying Python library, librouteros, needs some improvement. One of the things I'm considering is abstracting the API into CRUD-like verbs, where the API consumer provides a verb, a path, and an optional attribute filter or search parameters. Doing it this way makes it more HTTP-like and could possibly lend very will into an HTTP API abstraction. I don't know why I'm telling you all this. It's just interesting to me. =)