MikroTik App

glucz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Winbox bug

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Hello,

I have been seing this problem for a very long time, so I don't know if this is winbox or routeros related.
I mostly saw this on virtualised systems, but that doesn't mean that it can't happen anywhere else .

The problem is that Winbox forgets about the network interfaces, both ethernet and tunnels like PPTP, SSTP, OVPN, L2TP .. and possibly others.

The interfaces on the other hand are clearly visible directly from the terminal.

When I look at firewall rules that depend on an interface through winbox, it shows unknown interface ... suggesting that the firewall rule might not work properly ... but yet again, looking through the terminal - everything is in place and operation looks normal.

Please see the attached screenshot. Sorry about the many blanks. I have sent supout.rif to support directly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CyberT
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Winbox bug

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm

display all the variables at the top, normally there is an error in the box if the list doesn't load, I have had a Router that had excessive bad blocks that did that, a Net install sorted that out, I also had a RB532 that i was using as a proxy and the Flash Disk went bad after a year or so, was hard to trouble shoot, but the device gets a little "emotional" if it cant finish its I/O cycles.

I Would recommend a Netinstall as a test.

Please Report back on your findings.

lav21

Re: Winbox bug

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 am

+1
I have same truble (May be need turn off openVPN : )