Community discussions

MikroTik App

KatsuroKurosaki
just joined
Topic Author

RouterBOARD 411U + Wireless RouterBOARD R52n not working.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Good day everyone,

I would like some help about this. Bought a brand new RouterBOARD 411U, with a R52n wireless card, for testing purposes only, like implemeting new features (like Netwatching, Scripting, RouterOS latest versions,...), before using it in productions environments.
First of all, plugged in the RouterBOARD, updated it to RouterOS 5.20, all working like a charm. Shutdown board, unplugged from AC source, plugged the Wireless card, startup and Winbox > Wireless > Interfaces... Nothing.
Went to System > Drivers... and nothing appeared. So, I thought that the card needs driver installation. Searched the forum and a lot of people got the same reply "Mikrotik Wireless card's drivers are always installed." But I see nothing... In another forum post, I found that someone checked at System > Resources > PCI and got an UnknownDevice in the list, so I checked it as well and again: got nothing...
This RouterBOARD has a level 3 license, and checking the different license levels (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:License) I found that level 3 has limited wirelless functionality... and I was thinking if I need to upgrade to a level 4 one... but the wireless card it doesn't appear anywhere before upgrading, I am scared to upgrade for nothing...

I would like to know what's wrong here... if the Wireless card is not working, or it's something about drivers, RouterBOARD,... I am confused.

Winbox Screencap:
Winbox.jpg
Photo of the current RouterBOARD. It is neccesary to buy a box and ground the board?
2012-08-15-23.16.47.jpg
Thanks everyone for your time :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RouterBOARD 411U + Wireless RouterBOARD R52n not working

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:13 pm

could be a faulty card. license level has nothing to do with it, because card would show up anyway.

also - do you have the wireless.npk package installed? (check system packages menu)

KatsuroKurosaki
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Yes, I checked the packages list, and I have installed and enabled the Wireless one.
Wireless.png
In 2-3 hours I will be able to test this card in a RB433 board, and see if the board detects it or not.

Thank you for your reply :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:41 pm

I highly suggest first attaching the antennas, and only then turning on the device, because when card is turned on without antenna, the high output to MMCX or uFL (in your case) will return back and can damage the card.

KatsuroKurosaki
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:46 pm

I highly suggest first attaching the antennas, and only then turning on the device, because when card is turned on without antenna, the high output to MMCX or uFL (in your case) will return back can damage the card.
Thanks :shock: I will be careful about this next time I plug a new Wireless card on a RouterBOARD. :)

KatsuroKurosaki
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Finally I tested the Wireless card on a RB433, and it didn't detect it as well, and that RB433 has 2xR52 cards, I plugged in one in the RB411U and everything worked as we expect: Card detected and running properly.
I will ask the seller about this, sending this forum topic link, and see what they will decide about the faulty card.

Thank you normis for your replies and time :D