Community discussions

MikroTik App

FiShYmAn
just joined
Topic Author

CCR ethernet port flapping on RC12

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:16 am

After upgrading to RC12 on my CCR I have had issues where one of the ethernet ports (ether11) just keeps turning off and then a few seconds (30ish) later turning back on, that specific port is configured as our up link port and is dialing BGP, etc over it - I have now rolled back to RC11 to see if it improves and it did, it no longer has the issue, upgrading back to RC12 and I see it happening again.

I didn't see the issue on other other ports so perhaps it is related to the fact that that port is locked at 100mbit full duplex instead of being auto or 1000mbit? The device plugged into that port is a Allied Telesys media Converter from our fibre supplier and must be locked to 100mbit full duplex to work properly.

Another note with this we saw alot of TX drops with RC11 but none with RC12 - so im stuck now, do I want a firmware that gives me lots of TX drops on my port, or a firmware that makes my uplink port flap around?

Model: CCR1036-12G-4S

FiShYmAn
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CCR ethernet port flapping on RC12

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:20 am

Since I have a fibre connection that needs to be locked to 100mbit full duplex and im having the above problem, I thought i would use a 100mbit fibre SFP module in the CCR but the CCR displays this module as being 1Gbps even when i turn off auto negotiate and lock it to 100mbit, because it wont lock to 100mbit I cant get my fibre connection working and I have to run it into a media converter which is locked too 100mbit full duplex, then I run ethernet out of this into the CCR as explained above, I would ideally like to and cant see any reason why I cant run this direct, but the routeros or the CCR has issues with it.

I have this issued with both RC11 and RC12, it wont see the module as 100mbit which it is and therefore it wont work.

Leo72

Re: CCR ethernet port flapping on RC12

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:24 am

hi, in my opinion, the current Mtik routers do not really support 100baseFX on SFP; I had also problems with a RB2011 and found out it accepts only 1Gbps SFPs (currently)