Community discussions

MikroTik App

wtm
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Feature Request ? PPPoE/Radius revert

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 pm

When using the Radius Client/PPPoE Server in the router unit.

Is it possible to include a "Revert" to an "Expired" named IP pool listed in the router OS IP pools.

When the Radius Server advises the Router that the customer is "Non-Authorized", the Router would direct the CPE to an "Expired" IP pool address that would then be assigned to it automatically. This would allow the router to "Redirect", with the proper firewall rules to a web page for payment.

If the using Carrier didn't want the "Revert" to happen automatically, then the "Expired" pool could be left blank !!

Even if the Customer was "Terminated" instead of "Expired", they still would not be able to use the service, as they would only be directed to the web page (for payment).

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Feature Request ? PPPoE/Radius revert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:59 am

Can't you already do this with FreeRADIUS?

wtm
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:00 am

Only if the Accounting software is setup to do it. Problem is that most are NOT, and they only will do a "User" entry, of "User" deleted for Authentication in the Radius Server. There seems to be nothing in between for most software. Radius Manager is so far the only one I have seen that will provide an "Expired" pool to the End user. Unfortunately Radius Manager is not that good an accounting software as it is a Radius Server. I felt it would be a lot easier, in the Mikrotik, to allow the revert to an "Expired" IP pool upon NON-AUTHENTICATION. This could be a simple, enable or disable rule. In the IP pool area, a pool name of "Expired" could be put in, and a list of IP's to use. The proper firewall rules could be installed, and the User would be re-directed to the proper web page for payments.

Even if the Carrier decided that they didn't want to use it, and just disconnected the User, the worst is, that they would not be directed to a valid "Expired" ip pool, and would not connect anywhere.

Thanks,
Wayne

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 am

i am looking for the same, as the expired users then create a load on pppoe server. Did you get anything ?

wtm
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Haven't seen or heard anything back yet !!!

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:32 pm

If I were you, I would use Radius Manager for this purpose. You can even code your own web GUI for it using its SQL Tables for additional functionality like better accounting to suit your needs.

You just need to know how to insert data into the SQL tables of the RM.

wtm
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:48 am

We bought Radius Manager, and although it works well, it does not do all the accounting that our company needs. If also does not allow more breakdown on the sale items, and such. We could not get it to do what we needed on the sales and accounting end.

WHMCS software worked well on the accounting/sales end, but didn't work on the Radius side like we needed.

What I am really needing is a "Radius Module" for Quickbooks !!!! That would take care of the accounting/sales side, and then do the turn-on/turn-off of the customers as was needed???

So far there is no software that does everything we need, that somebody doesn't want to charge us "per customer" to have the right to use the software !! I want to buy the software, and own it !!!! (Not rent it)

Kreacher

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:35 am

Hello wtm,

would this device be able to handle your problem or is delivering the by yours wished service,
Handlink ISS-7000 v2 Internet Subscriber Server

Let the MikroTik Router do the following jobs like, routing, queues, laod balancing and traffic shaping
and the accounting server does the rest for your network.

It comes with a HotSpot and accounting server for your clients and with another one for your own network or
management VLAN1.

Internet --- ISP --- Modem(s) --- MikroTik RB --- Handlink accounting server --- Switches --- WLAN APs --- CPEs
You can also putting the Handlink inside a DMZ so it is accessible from inside and outside!

wtm
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't want a "Hotspot" server, the Mikrotik will already do that !!!

What I want is the Mikrotik that can be setup to do "Reverts" when the customer is NOT authorized.

Just setup a "Common" IP Pool in the router IP pools section, and call it "Expired".
Then in the "Radius" section of the router, have a "Check Box" that any "Non-Authenticated" user will automatically be diverted to get an address from the "Expired" IP pool rather than be DENIED access to the system.

When the router gets a normal "Authenticated" from the Radius server, it will process the proper IP pool for that customer and give them the required access for full internet access. (Normal Default)

Upon this check box being checked, the router will, when it gets a "Non-Authenticated" from the Radius server, automatically give the customer an IP address from the "Expired" IP pool. (Requested Option)

Then you can setup Firewall rules to route these specific IP's in the "Expired" IP pool to a Website to allow the customer to process a payment. The customer can NOT do anything else, but get directed to the address you designate.

For those that do not want to have the router do this, not checking the box, would allow the router to drop the Authentication request for that customer, and not allow them to connect to the system. (Normal Default)

Hope this explains it better ???
Wayne

dannyboy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:30 am

We bought Radius Manager, and although it works well, it does not do all the accounting that our company needs. If also does not allow more breakdown on the sale items, and such. We could not get it to do what we needed on the sales and accounting end.

WHMCS software worked well on the accounting/sales end, but didn't work on the Radius side like we needed.

What I am really needing is a "Radius Module" for Quickbooks !!!! That would take care of the accounting/sales side, and then do the turn-on/turn-off of the customers as was needed???

So far there is no software that does everything we need, that somebody doesn't want to charge us "per customer" to have the right to use the software !! I want to buy the software, and own it !!!! (Not rent it)
If you have not found a radius system to do what you need I can help you. Send me an inbox.