Community discussions

MikroTik App

davrom
just joined
Topic Author

RB951G-2HnD wireless speed is slow since downgrade

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:56 am

I previous posted an issue when I did an upgrade to firmware 6.x on my RB951G-2HnD, and I had to downgrade to 5.26 again to recover from issues such as continual wireless LAN dropouts for devices such as Android phones/tablets. The drop out issue followed me back to 5.26 but I found in another post here in the forums to adjust and entry (forgive my being vague, I can't recall what I did), and the drop outs (and massive reconnect messages on my phone) all stopped.

An issue that has remained since the downgrade is the extremely slow wireless LAN speed. Despite all values under the wireless LAN interface being the same, the speed is very slow.

I have customers where I have implemented 5.26 based routers and I did a comparison of the wireless interface settings with some of their MikroTiks and all is identical with the exception of the screen images attached - the customers routers are all running well with wireless speed - since my upgrade/downgrade actions, wireless LAN is still extremely slow despite the default (previously working) values.

The jpg images shows my missing settings (HT guard section) and the customers' MikroTik also allows the modifying capability in some fields whereas on mine they are greyed out. I may be on the wrong track but this is the only difference that is showing in any of the screens.

I have a new RB951G-2HnD arriving in the next few days so I may test this on the new router and compare the speeds just to see, in the meantime, any pointers or gotchas that might have caused the problems to follow me back to 5.26 would be much appreciated. (I don't change much on the MikroTiks with regards to their defaults, I just set up the correct criteria and use them)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.