Community discussions

MikroTik App

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

ATTENTION, DISASTER! V.6.17

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:54 am

On Saturday, update all my installation with the version 6.17 and then update the firmware of computers.
The result was in two adjoining cases. They were inaccessible.
Others were falling in these 3 days.
Observed loss of configuration in some cases.
In others, loss of system packages.
I went back to version 6.15 and / or 6.11 and the situation to be the next step
In all the records processed 100% utilization.
With profile shows that the IPSEC service processor takes all.
In some cases, the equipment is made ​​inaccessible.

The RB are: RB411 - RB433 - RB493 - RBMetal - RB1100 - RBSETXTAN

If someone comes up with something, to comment.
Tomorrow I'll go one by doing cleaning and use flash to all units.

npero

Re: ATTENTION, DISASTER! V.6.17

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:04 am

I my network all devices is updated to 6.16 main router to 6.17.
It is RB411AH, RB411, RB411U, RB433AH, RB433GL, Groove, SXTLite and main router x86, for now uptime is between 2 and 3 day I don't see any problem in my configuration.
OpenVPN bug is solved I have open ticket for months for that bug now is ok, also wireless-fp is solved bug cause kernel failure for now I see only improvements and not forget IP Cloud now can update external address nice :D waiting for this also.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 am

jrecabeitia, so far you are the first with such bigger issues. please give us more info, maybe all of these devices have something in common? some specific configuration or feature that you use?

MrYan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:19 am

My 2011UAS-2HnD upgraded fine to 6.16 and then failed on upgrade (shortly after) to 6.17 with a message about loading kernel from NAND and then hanging. I got it going again using netinstall. No supout unfortunately.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 am

I'm still using 6.17 from the day it come out on 30 devices and more of my production environment (various models), no one single problem till now.

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Normis, I'll go by.
Upgrade Device:
We went from 6.15 to 6.17
Most teams tear well, only in 3 I am forced to have to do a netinstall. Estimate that could be a current problem. (then discard it, because one of those teams is with UPS and surge)
In yesterday morning I see the fall of another link. The procedure is to power cycle the computer and starts. A half hour stops working and is inaccessible. Use netinstall to retrieve it.
At noon I observed 3 other team more than stop working and I have the same problem. Before this I resolve to return back to version 6.15

Device Recovery:
One of the problems identified is that when returning from version 6.17 to 6.15
the basic configuration or default ipsec is lost. This is what causes the saturation of the processor at 100%. Disabling packet recovers.
Resetting equipment and reconfiguring hand, are well in 6.15
Most of the equipment used for backbone. Its configuration is basic.
Bridge between ether and wlan
ip on the bridge
routering ospf, only net the bridge.
No other configuration.
In some cases, they have lost the installation packages and no choice but to use netinstall to recover the computer.
I must say that is the first time in years that passed me something.

Right now, I'm resetting each of the teams to reconfigure hand and I fear that finds a bug or error in the teams that make malfunction. It is hard work since I have an extensive network of more than 60km and you have to go to each tower.
Thank you!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Normis, I'll go by.
Upgrade Device:
We went from 6.15 to 6.17
Most teams tear well, only in 3 I am forced to have to do a netinstall. Estimate that could be a current problem. (then discard it, because one of those teams is with UPS and surge)
In yesterday morning I see the fall of another link. The procedure is to power cycle the computer and starts. A half hour stops working and is inaccessible. Use netinstall to retrieve it.
At noon I observed 3 other team more than stop working and I have the same problem. Before this I resolve to return back to version 6.15

Device Recovery:
One of the problems identified is that when returning from version 6.17 to 6.15
the basic configuration or default ipsec is lost. This is what causes the saturation of the processor at 100%. Disabling packet recovers.
Resetting equipment and reconfiguring hand, are well in 6.15
Most of the equipment used for backbone. Its configuration is basic.
Bridge between ether and wlan
ip on the bridge
routering ospf, only net the bridge.
No other configuration.
In some cases, they have lost the installation packages and no choice but to use netinstall to recover the computer.
I must say that is the first time in years that passed me something.

Right now, I'm resetting each of the teams to reconfigure hand and I fear that finds a bug or error in the teams that make malfunction. It is hard work since I have an extensive network of more than 60km and you have to go to each tower.
Thank you!

I'm doing thtat on close link (and I'm STILL to not have problems), but you use just come out version on 60Km link?

It's YOUR fault.

MikroTik has maded one error? Ok, admitting that, is clear, but the bigger error is made from you!
Test the new version on closer device is better than upgrade entire remote network...

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:47 pm

No link 60Km.
My network has a length of 60 km from end to end, on geographic area.
The longest link I have is 32Km and most are in the 12Km.

fronczek
just joined

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:28 pm

jrecabeitia, so far you are the first with such bigger issues. please give us more info, maybe all of these devices have something in common? some specific configuration or feature that you use?
My problem is two days after upgrading CCR1036 I'm locked - ERR: Wrong username or password.
Services and routing still works, but I can't access neither by (mac)telnet nor ssh nor winbox...
ps. update/crosspost (sorry) here http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 41#p438341
Last edited by fronczek on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:41 pm

My problem is two days after upgrading CCR1036 I'm locked - ERR: Wrong username or password.
Services and routing still works, but I can't access neither by (mac)telnet nor ssh nor winbox...
Try access with no password. Maybe it is deleted

kurczak
just joined

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:45 pm

@jrecabeitia

I have the same issue after upgrade to 6.17, two SXTLite5 dead. Rest of my devices downgraded to 6.15 with CPU 100% :-(
Look at:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 4&p=438580

Regards

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:06 pm

If the micro processor is 100% remove the ipsec package.
Reincie and should function normally.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:09 pm

If the micro processor is 100% remove the ipsec package.
Reincie and should function normally.
actually go into the "/tool profile" menu to check what is eating the CPU. Maybe it was IPsec for you, but something else for the others?

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Normis, returning back at 100% of my devices, the IPsec packet takes all the processor.
What I could see is that to turn back the default setting disappears.
I believe that's the cause, but I can not verify.
What I can say is working out down the IPsec packet

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Normis,
Removing the IPsec packet only solves a problem that occurs when you turn back.
It does not solve the problem that gives rise to this issue, which remains a big question.

kurczak
just joined

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi,

/tool profile showing that ipsec is eating CPU
What I could see is that to turn back the default setting disappears.
I believe that's the cause, but I can not verify.
I run some tests and this is correct, default setting helps.

How can I remove IPsec package?

List of packages:
/system package print
Flags: X - disabled 
 #   NAME                     VERSION                     SCHEDULED              
 0   routeros-mipsbe          6.15                                               
 1   system                   6.15                                               
 2 X wireless-fp              6.15                                               
 3 X ipv6                     6.15                                               
 4   wireless                 6.15                                               
 5   hotspot                  6.15                                               
 6   dhcp                     6.15                                               
 7   mpls                     6.15                                               
 8   routing                  6.15                                               
 9   ppp                      6.15                                               
10   security                 6.15                                               
11   advanced-tools           6.15    

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

/system/packages
mark ipsec
disable
reboot

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm

/system/packages
mark ipsec
disable
reboot
What the hell you write? ipsec are not one single package which you can disable.

kurczak
just joined

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:04 pm

/system/packages
mark ipsec
disable
reboot
I don't have ipsec package.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:14 pm

There never was an 'ipsec' package. Ipsec is part of 'security' package.

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Same problem here. Two RB912UAG-2HPnD-OUT (BaseBox2) died shortly (1-2 days) after upgrading to 6.17. One of them was totally inaccessible, on the other the (hardware) wlan interface had dissapeared. Had to netinstall 6.15 to revive them. Both of them were installed in a hotel and died during peak season. I consider this a MAJOR hit in both my reputation as a new professional and of Mikrotik's quality assurance procedures. Not to mention lost time and money, since fixing two week-old equipment that is massively failing by itself is not something that can be easily charged.

Hey, you guys were mostly known for reliability of your software, and I can recall at least three or four cases of failing updates in the 6.x version. A stable release should be a thoroughly tested, stable release. That is, if you want to win the professional market. You pulled 6.16 a day after releaising it as "stable" and replaced it with 6.17, which is is rendering devices inaccessible within days of upgrading.

I think I speak on behalf of many professionals in here, when I say that between new features and frequent releases or reliability, we would easily choose the second. You have a beta tester base, use it better! Do not make us all beta testers, please. :( :evil:

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Normis have been able to determine the cause of this problem with firmware 6.17 and 3.18 see?
I'm not complaining, many years working with Mikrotik ago and this is the first time that I have problems with one version.
Unfortunately, I might forward to update and do not wait long enough, took the problems and not hit me squarely on my network in Production.

kurczak
just joined

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 pm

I hope that They will solve the problem quickly. I don't like to see all my devices working with 100% CPU usage.

Is there any way to reset (alive) SXTLite5 without reset button?

Davis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't think this is RouterOS 6.17 specific, but one of my RB951-G got softbricked by power outage (I assume that power was restored for some seconds, router started to boot and then power was disconnected again) about a week ago.
Wireless LED was lit, ethernet LEDs were even blinking, but router was not pingable from any interface. Netinstall (without keeping configuration) and restore from latest backup solved the issue.

I also proposed solution for my issue here.

kometchtech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Same problem here. Two RB912UAG-2HPnD-OUT (BaseBox2) died shortly (1-2 days) after upgrading to 6.17. One of them was totally inaccessible, on the other the (hardware) wlan interface had dissapeared. Had to netinstall 6.15 to revive them. Both of them were installed in a hotel and died during peak season. I consider this a MAJOR hit in both my reputation as a new professional and of Mikrotik's quality assurance procedures. Not to mention lost time and money, since fixing two week-old equipment that is massively failing by itself is not something that can be easily charged.

Hey, you guys were mostly known for reliability of your software, and I can recall at least three or four cases of failing updates in the 6.x version. A stable release should be a thoroughly tested, stable release. That is, if you want to win the professional market. You pulled 6.16 a day after releaising it as "stable" and replaced it with 6.17, which is is rendering devices inaccessible within days of upgrading.

I think I speak on behalf of many professionals in here, when I say that between new features and frequent releases or reliability, we would easily choose the second. You have a beta tester base, use it better! Do not make us all beta testers, please. :( :evil:
That you think you do not know well the priority of the items in the beta test, the timing of the release of the official version is often certainly.

I think you and want you to firmly release schedule around here.

rzirzi

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 am

I have to confirm :( After upgrade RB750GL from 6.15 to 6.17 - it didn't came up!!! :( It was my first problem like that, after few years with MT boards and hundrets of upgrades. I had to use NetInstall at that RB750GL to make it working again.

simplywifi
just joined

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 pm

I upgraded all my routers yesterday from 6.15 to 6.17. Some 951's others 751's and others 411's. I am now sitting with over 35 routers that I know of that do not work. I have gone on site to retrieve some of them (8) and have had to Netinstall each and everyone one. They completely lose their config/ROS. In some cases no lights show on the router, and when one does a discovery no information comes up. In other instances the lights are on but no-one is home.

I normally have around 800 - 1000 users online each night, tonight I have just over 100. This got me looking at other routers, whilst they are still accessible some are missing the wlan/all packages except system. It is impossible for me to go to each and every router to see what is working properly and what is not as I have over 300 client side/hotspot routers on my network. The upgrades were conducted in two different ways, depending on how slow my connection at some breakout points was I uploaded the software through winbox into the files folder and then rebooted, and in other instances I used the system/packages/check updates/download and upgrade. Both instances have resulted in what seems to be the entire collapse of my network.

Fire away with the questions.

silicon
just joined

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 am

On Saturday, update all my installation with the version 6.17 and then update the firmware of computers.
The result was in two adjoining cases. They were inaccessible.
Others were falling in these 3 days.
Observed loss of configuration in some cases.
In others, loss of system packages.
I went back to version 6.15 and / or 6.11 and the situation to be the next step
In all the records processed 100% utilization.
With profile shows that the IPSEC service processor takes all.
In some cases, the equipment is made ​​inaccessible.

The RB are: RB411 - RB433 - RB493 - RBMetal - RB1100 - RBSETXTAN

If someone comes up with something, to comment.
Tomorrow I'll go one by doing cleaning and use flash to all units.

SAME HERE RB912UAG-2HPND-OUT UPGRADED TO 6.17 AND SUDDENLY AFTER 10 HRS AFTER UPDATING LOST CONNECTIVITY NOW NOT SHOWING IN WINBOX NOR I BCAN PING ITS IP NOT ITS GETTING RESET I AM STUCKED WHAT TO DO NOW? HELP PLEASE

mram
just joined

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:52 pm

My 2011UAS-2HnD upgraded fine to 6.16 and then failed on upgrade (shortly after) to 6.17 with a message about loading kernel from NAND and then hanging. I got it going again using netinstall. No supout unfortunately.
same issue on 2 devices (either RB2011UAS-2HnD or RB2011UiAS-2HnD, we have about 3 dozen of those mixed).
about ~25 upgraded without any problems.

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 pm

A week that throw the note our disclaimer about what was happening ago.
If now some people despite the warning, change to firmware 6.17 - 3.18, which does not take over informarce before doing so.
At least everyone knows that something's up. Do not know what causes it, but nobody should update a production network with this warning.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm

I still upgrade all my devices with last 3.17/3.18 BIOS and RouterOS 6.17,
I'm doing that from the day is out,
NO ONE SINGLE PROBLEM,
I'm a WISP and I have updated/upgraded almost 400 mipsbe devices and 10 ppc (RB1xxx) without one single problem.

I have near all models on production environment, from RB411 to QRT-5,
the only devices I do not have are mipsle and tilera models.

sebadamus

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 am

Had some similar problems, not the ipsec one... but kind of similar.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86003
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87523

simplywifi
just joined

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:33 am

The only common denominator I found in all of this was the fact that those routers that crashed were ones where I had used bridge mode. The routers that continued working even after the upgrade were those that I had NOT implemented bridges on. So if anyone has experienced similar problems and used bridge mode then I suspect that this is where the problem lies. It would be nice to hear from those of you that have been affected by this whether you were also using bridge mode so we can put this to rest.

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

The only common denominator I found in all of this was the fact that those routers that crashed were ones where I had used bridge mode. The routers that continued working even after the upgrade were those that I had NOT implemented bridges on. So if anyone has experienced similar problems and used bridge mode then I suspect that this is where the problem lies. It would be nice to hear from those of you that have been affected by this whether you were also using bridge mode so we can put this to rest.
My two cases also coply with this observation. Do you use rtp/rstp on all bridges?

lekozs

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:47 pm

The same here.
RouterBoards acting as simple access points - wlan1, ether1 bridged - resulting in numerous crashes... (Kernel Failures... or plain reboots...)
On the other hand, CPE devices (711, SXT Lite) with pppoe connections, connection tracking enabled, with a few filter, NAT and mangle rules in the firewall... well, I wont say that there are absolutely no crashes, but they are much more stable than devices with bridges...

maximt
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 am

RB SXT 2nD r2
5 devices from ~100 have bricked up after upgrade 6.15 to 6.17.
no leds blinking, only beep signal on boot.
recovered by netinstall with lost config.

and 1 device just partly broke config (dhcp server, dns).

i upgrade each firmware release and it first time in my practice

//update

today i have 2 dead device more.
and i cannot upgrade 6.17 to 6.18.

maximt
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 am

i install 6.15 to dead router (via netinstall)
and now i see:
current-firmware: 3.18
upgrade-firmware: 3.16

seems like 6.17 tried update firmware to 3.18 and died.. after recovering i have ROS 6.15 with Firmware 3.18

kometchtech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:01 am

RB SXT 2nD r2
5 devices from ~100 have bricked up after upgrade 6.15 to 6.17.
no leds blinking, only beep signal on boot.
recovered by netinstall with lost config.

and 1 device just partly broke config (dhcp server, dns).

i upgrade each firmware release and it first time in my practice

//update

today i have 2 dead device more.
and i cannot upgrade 6.17 to 6.18.
There may be a relationship as well as this is also their own.
However, recovery from netinstall also could not be in my environment.

Can I recover the steps as usual?

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87674

maximt
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:33 am

new day and +5 devices dead.
there should be official warning "dont upgrade to 6.17 your CPE and other remote devices"

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:47 pm

New day and I'm still to no have problem on my 2000+ devices upgraded to 6.17

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Don't upgrade anything if you didn't tested enough.

maximt
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:26 am

i use command
/system upgrade download-all reboot-after-download=yes
to upgrade.
after reboot i see message:
Firmware upgraded successfully, please reboot for changes to take effect!

pkg 6.17 force upgraded RB firmware, but not reboot router to take new version.
current-firmware: 3.04
upgrade-firmware: 3.18

then i make reboot and see:
current-firmware: 3.18
upgrade-firmware: 3.18

seems my CPE worked 1-3 days in not-fully-upgraded state and die after power off/on

Kickoleg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:23 am

Have same problem.. after updating to 6.17 died 951G and SXT5Hnd (about 12-13 hour was working correct),
SXT5HnD after netinstall is coming up, but 951G is still brick.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:24 am

WHY NO ONE DESCRIBE HOW WAS UPDATED THE ROUTERBOARD, without simply say "is bricked"?

Fully detailed History of Package and Settings is required.

After 2000 device upgrade of various type, and I no obtain any single problem, the point can be one or more of this:

-> Is not true you have all this problem
OR
-> You update the device on different way from me
OR
-> Your CPE have some settings I do not have
OR
-> Your CPE do not have the right continuos Voltage or Amphere from power source
OR
-> The client when you upgrade the CPE remove power during upgrade because internet do not work and try to reboot the radio

Choice one or more.

jrecabeitia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Dear rextended, I imagine you think you are a genius and the rest of the forum members idiots.
I've worked with Mikrotik products since 2006.
I have done hundreds of updates in routerboard since that time, without any problem to call panic.
This is a very rare case. I have no explanation because it occurs, nor can I take unnecessary risks.
1) Teams that suffered damage are all point to point links and / or customer service bases. (no power outages)
2) The method used is winbox, paste in the update file, reboot and then update firmware and reboot again. change package wireless for wireless-fp
3) bonds, has the minimum configuration. wireless, bridge, SNMP, ospf. On the basis pppoe added. Additional packages and ntp multicast.
4) to turn back, I see olbligado me to disable the secutity package, since it is caused the cpu this 100% (ipsec) The reason is that to turn back loses the basic configuration and there is no way to reload . This is an appreciation, I have no Sertes.
There is nothing else. Any forista to be fly half dozen device, the first thing he does is turn back around. I can not have the luxury that my whole network down and stay idle.
Hopefully it will be a little more humble and type to make positive contributions instead of trying all idiots. I think most here are university graduates.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:10 pm

...I imagine you think you are a genius and the rest of the forum members idiots...
Please do not write this thing, is not true.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:19 pm

2) The method used is winbox, paste in the update file, reboot and then update firmware and reboot again. change package wireless for wireless-fp
This still one incomplete way how to describe the upgrade.
(wait and I write what method I'm using)

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:26 pm

[...]Hopefully it will be a little more humble and type to make positive contributions[...]
Read my other posts and judge yourself if I not make positive contributions.
[...]instead of trying all idiots.[...]
I really think this genre of reply is idiots.
I think most here are university graduates.
And.. then?
You think the university grade (or any MT certifications) make someone infallible or a good writer, and when he write explain on very good way all what he do?

Kickoleg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Wait ... rextended I have normal work of devices about 12-13 hours ...
I'm was upgraded 10 points ...
At all this points I have power suggestor and UPS ... From electricity it's not depend ...
951g - it's home router for testing ... and he has a normal electricity ...
I also work with this equipment and do upgrade Not for the first time ...

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Thsi is the method I use for set up the CPE and update it when I think (rigtly or not) one version are usable.

I talk about CPE, but for other infrastructure device, is the same.
The unique exception of all is the pppoe-server, on each machine is still on 6.7 because from when MPPE is touched on 6.8+ is full of bug giving kernek panic / error.

When I receive the CPE before mounting it to a client is:
1) By script I set the default boot order to "try-ethernet-then-nand"
2) Install the last routeros-xxxx-x.xx.npk i think is affidable with latest netinstall available, no matter if netinstall is 6.18 and npk is 6.7, everytime last netinstall.
3) I upgrade to the latest available bios for that board, downloaded from routerboard.com, no matter if on used RouterOS are present another version.
4) I DO NOT UNININSTALL ANY PACKAGE on Routerboard, I disable only IPv6 and HotSpot package, because on CPE I do not use that functions.
5) After reboot for disable package, I do system-reset without default and without keeping any.
6) By script I set the default boot order to "nand-if-fail-then-ethernet"
7) I set on CPE only: pppoe-client, DHCP server, DNS client and "server", SNTP client, NAT masquerade, on /ip service i disable all except www and winbox.
8) All not writed are untouched and leaved as defaults.

I never use The Dude for directly upgrade or update the CPE.

I never install routeros only with single package, but only with combined one.

When I upgrade one CPE to 5.26 to 6.18, I have two way:
1) Drop the file routeros-xxxx-6.18.npk by winbox on file folder
or
2) configure system / auto upgrade and launch massive upgrade by script by ros_command function on the dude

When I upgrade one CPE to 6.x to 6.18, I use one of this methods:
1) Simply click on download & upgrade button
or
2) Launch massive upgrade by script by ros_command function on the dude with command "/sys pack up ch;/delay 4s;/sys pack up up;"

The history of RouterOS version I consider stable are: (and I have update and upgrade from one version to another)
3.30, 4.16, 5.11, 5.21, 5.25, 5.26, 6.7, 6.14, (6.16), 6.17, 6.18
I do not have anymore any device with first version installed before 3.30, and the oldest version actually I have are 5.25.

Actually I continue to upgrade 5.25 or 5.26 to 6.18 upgrading bios to 3.17/3.18 first.
Till now I have no problem.

All CPE are powered by 18V or 24V and with some exception, no one has UPS and sometime the upgrade fail, not for RouterOS, but some user @04:00 AM think the radio is locked and reboot during upgrade/update...
Last edited by rextended on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Wait ... rextended I have normal work of devices about 12-13 hours ...
I'm was upgraded 10 points ...
At all this points I have power suggestor and UPS ... From electricity it's not depend ...
951g - it's home router for testing ... and he has a normal electricity ...
I also work with this equipment and do upgrade Not for the first time ...
My point is simple: why you have write this detail only now?
Still missing the description of upgrade procedure used.
Are existent more than 8 way to upgrade/update the device...

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:08 pm

The only common item I notice till now is one:

IPsec block the upgraded devices.

This "deduction" are based on all post I have read till now about blocked RouterBOARD after update/upgrade.

Kickoleg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:26 pm

My point is simple: why you have write this detail only now?
Still missing the description of upgrade procedure used.
Are existent more than 8 way to upgrade/update the device...[/quote]

1. I respect you ... and many of your topics help me ...
2. I think up to this point that only I have this problem and this is only my problem
3. I do update standart way - copy the update configuration to the router and do a restart
4. All of SXT work at only bridge mode ... no routing ... only bridge ... (but only one of 10 be are brocken)
5. 951G have very copmplexity configuration ... worka as ipsec and EoIP concentrator ... OSPF routing ...
6. You are very very brave man if can upgrade for new software more 1000+ devices :)

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Another piece of puzle than make me think the real problem on upgrade is IPsec config....

About the 1000+ device, i'm not so intrepid.

First I upgrade the device on near tower (500mt) from my office and all the client linked directly here, after some week of perfect works, now I do mass upgrade from 5.25/5.26 to 6.17/6.18 (upgraded to 6.17 still on 6.17 for now), but all infrastructure are 6.17 or 6.18.

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:53 pm

After regular update (from internal web update )from 6.17 to 6.18
dhcp static leases disappear each time after restart RB951G-2HnD

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:32 pm

try to netinstall and see if do the same, because if it work correctly after netisntall, probably some setting from 6.17 to 6.18 are corrupted.

saintofinternet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am

read the topic from top to bottom and mine is the latest issue.

my SXT-2 gets reset to default config. the ROS version is 6.18.

i vouch by mikrotik for performance and stability.... but now my reputation is at stake.

maybe we all received the same batch of hardware??? what say?

i request normis to please look into this and get things solved before they get bad.

Borizo

Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 pm

I would like to add observation, that might help pinpoint the problem.
I start getting sudden reboots on RouterBoard 951HnD when I tried to add bridge filter rules to drop some packets basing on interface packet was received or transmitted.
Similar rules added into bridge NAT table did not lead to reboots.