Community discussions

MikroTik App

tcaim
just joined
Topic Author

problem at 6.19 with hotspot

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am

Good day, please tell me encountered a problem on 6.19 There RB951-2Hnd flying a hotspot and set userman but hotspot dealt vitualap. So here's the problem in the following from time to time ceases hotspot to connect to my device, and when you try to view interfaces vinboks empty window helps only restart mikrotik. It takes about 2-3 times per day

tweetyspn
just joined

Re: problem at 6.19 with hotspot

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Well, I will try to describe the above problem as I faced it.

Sometimes the userman users cant login, although there are still active other userman users. When they logoff they cant log in back, till the router is restarted.
Simple hotspot users defined at ip->hotspot->users log in and log out normally. Access to userman web page is normal.

Everything seems OK, no errors/warnings at log, no errors/something strange at debug radius messages.

So, it seems it has something to do with the onboard radius server. Disabling and enabling it doesnt fix the problem.

The only solution is to reboot the routerboard and then everything works fine. Till next time the same issue strikes back, it can be 1 per day, 3 or 10 without any particular clue. 0 bad blocks. RB1200, ROS 6 (I would say 6.15 and after, current version 6.18, yet I cant revert back to older than 6.18 due to 100% ipsec cpu issue (can't netinstall either cause of remote location)).

Regards,

Thanos