MikroTik App

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Looking for Wireless-FP RC package

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Hello Normis,

Where can I find the wireless-fp packages for the RC builds? I am interested specifically for the mipsbe build.

Thanks

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Looking for Wireless-FP RC package

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 pm

latest RouterOS combined package has it included. So you are not required do download anything else.

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Do you mean that it is included as "wireless"? Because in the "all_files" zip file I can only see a "wireless" package, not a "wireless-fp" one.

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:32 am

I finally went ahead and tried it... And yes, in the last version of rOS, the old "wireless" package has been purged and the "wireless-fp" package has taken its place, renamed as simply "wireless". During upgrade, both the old "wireless" and "wireless-fp" (if both present in the router) are automatically replaced by the new "wireless" package.

(By the way, this is the kind of explanation that I would like to see coming from you in the first place... :roll: See, I was only seeing a "wireless" package in the files and thinking that if there was any kind of manual package uninstallation work required in order to upgrade, I would like to know it in advance rather than find it out "the hard way", ie after losing wireless connectivity due to a conflicting package.)