Community discussions

MikroTik App

sputniki
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Feature Request: fetch-tool authentication with certificates

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:28 am

For a project with a lot of routers in public places we need to implement communicating via http (instead of ssh) with PKI. So adding support for certificates in /tool fetch would be very important for a decision to use ROS an Mikrotik devices instead of openWRT gear.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Feature Request: fetch-tool authentication with certific

Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:18 pm

You can't expect new functions so fast just because you ask for it here. Mikrotik will promise nothing, but one day, maybe, you can be surprised. But it will be far after you realised the project with different software...

sputniki
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Feature Request: fetch-tool authentication with certific

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:56 pm

You can't expect new functions so fast just because you ask for it here. Mikrotik will promise nothing, but one day, maybe, you can be surprised. But it will be far after you realised the project with different software...
I know this :lol: I've been working with Routerboards since ROS 4.0 was announced. But, as you said, sometimes you can be surprised - so as with CAPsMan, which we were able to implement for a large installation last year becaus we joined the Beta tests and two days before mounting the APs the final release came out.

So I'm waiting for auth with certificates with patience and since then I use openWRT instead...