Community discussions

MikroTik App

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

RouterOS v6.24rc4 and Queue Tree

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:38 am

I always keep an eye on RC versions since they were available, looks like it will be early Christmas with these changes:

What's new in 6.24rc4 (2014-Dec-12 13:42):

*) fixed problem where some of ethernet cards do not work on x86;
*) improved CCR ethernet driver (less dropped packets);
*) improved queue tree parent=global performance (especially on SMP systems and CCRs);
*) eoip/eoipv6/gre/gre6/ipip/ipipv6/6to4 tunnels have improved per core balancing on CCRs;

*) fixed tx for 6to4 tunnels with unspecified dst address;
*) fixed vrrp - could sometimes not work properly because of advertising bad set of ip addresses;

After some testing this is what i noticed so far:

1) "Download" and "Upload" parent queues with small trees in HTB "Global", can now pass ~2 times more traffic with this RC over v6.23 on CCR1036
2) Having anything in HTB "Global" doesn't slow down rest of the traffic that doesn't have any queues in HTB "Global" - so basically queue tree bypass seems to be fixed.
3) looks like HTB Global performance scales with number of parent queues (similar like it was with Simple queues till now), but i didn't notice this on Interface HTB.

Looks like i will have to reconsider if many simple queue solution still is best for me, somehow i always liked queue tree solution better.

Masyanich
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: RouterOS v6.24rc4 and Queue Tree

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:09 pm

some of ethernet cards do not work on x86???

Looks like a mockery. What specific model of card? What chipset usb card? Wiki section is not relevant for a long time...

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:01 am

some of ethernet cards do not work on x86???

Looks like a mockery. What specific model of card? What chipset usb card? Wiki section is not relevant for a long time...
What are you talking about?

I'm not sure why you appear to be confused and upset. These are the release notes, and they contain a list of fixes. It's not saying that the next version will have some cards that do not work. It's saying that the next version will fix certain cards that stopped working in an earlier version. Specifically, these cards stopped working in 6.23, just 1 version earlier. There were many posts about this in the 6.23 release thread. MikroTik released 6.23.1 for x86 to fix this issue specifically, but it is also obviously fixed in 6.24 as well, thus why it is included in the release notes.

-- Nathan

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:19 pm

*) improved CCR ethernet driver (less dropped packets);
does anybody have detailed info on those drops? should I see them in interface 'tx/rx drops' in previous versions? I have packet loss when bridging two vlans on 10G interfaces of CCR1036 (with ~2Gbps traffic) - can this be fixed by v6.24?