Community discussions

MikroTik App

WildWurger
just joined
Topic Author

RB2011IL-N random reboots

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi all,

After browsing through the forums, i believe there are a lot of users facing the same problem.

1) Random reboots
2) Memory leak
3) Kernel panic

I have been going through the above randomly where I came to a point of frustration, the symptoms perhaps already been there for a while but I did not notice until it became worse a few days back when the unit keeps on rebooting with interval around 1 hours.

But i do find very weird symptoms like, when I do a continuous ping to the Mikrotik itself, sometime, the connection simply dropped, the internet connection is still going, but for local to ping the Mikrotik (and internet), the connection dropped, the ping itself lost around 10-15 times then reconnected. I have tried changing to other PC, other units, different hosts. all experience the same issue. Ping from internet, while there is no dropped, but during the internal "packet dropped" period, the ping respond from Internet somehow spike to 10 times. For example: if a usual 5ms ping, will become a 50 to 100ms ping external while Timed Out on the internal.

This can happen anytime, no specific time and the interval between can be a few mins to several hours. But it does happen. After some time for this issue, the next thing will be reboot with a lot of different message like above.

I have tried, upgrade all the firmware/bios to latest. And tried downgrade. However this still happens and it is driving me crazy. (current version using is 6.24). I do have some PCR but just less than 5 rules, and does not using any Queues at all.

I just sent an email with sprout file to Mikrotik and hope response.

Any one facing similar issue and if there is any fix? or my unit faulty?

If possible, i do not want to try, reset, reformat, reinstall or other units as this unit the configuration is pretty complicated. I do have the backup file but still...

Anybody please can help?
Thank you very much.

evince

Re: RB2011IL-N random reboots

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Hello,

Do you have any gre-tunnels or something else?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi all,

After browsing through the forums, i believe there are a lot of users facing the same problem.

1) Random reboots
2) Memory leak
3) Kernel panic

I have been going through the above randomly where I came to a point of frustration, the symptoms perhaps already been there for a while but I did not notice until it became worse a few days back when the unit keeps on rebooting with interval around 1 hours.

But i do find very weird symptoms like, when I do a continuous ping to the Mikrotik itself, sometime, the connection simply dropped, the internet connection is still going, but for local to ping the Mikrotik (and internet), the connection dropped, the ping itself lost around 10-15 times then reconnected. I have tried changing to other PC, other units, different hosts. all experience the same issue. Ping from internet, while there is no dropped, but during the internal "packet dropped" period, the ping respond from Internet somehow spike to 10 times. For example: if a usual 5ms ping, will become a 50 to 100ms ping external while Timed Out on the internal.

This can happen anytime, no specific time and the interval between can be a few mins to several hours. But it does happen. After some time for this issue, the next thing will be reboot with a lot of different message like above.

I have tried, upgrade all the firmware/bios to latest. And tried downgrade. However this still happens and it is driving me crazy. (current version using is 6.24). I do have some PCR but just less than 5 rules, and does not using any Queues at all.

I just sent an email with sprout file to Mikrotik and hope response.

Any one facing similar issue and if there is any fix? or my unit faulty?

If possible, i do not want to try, reset, reformat, reinstall or other units as this unit the configuration is pretty complicated. I do have the backup file but still...

Anybody please can help?
Thank you very much.
Please generate supout file after device has crashed. Please remember to not reboot device manually before you generate this file. Send this file to our support e-mail. We will definitely look at error messages. Please use 6.24 or higher version when you do that.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Su ... utput_File
http://www.mikrotik.com/support.html

WildWurger
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi support, i already sent the file =)

But it seems the issue resolved by
1) found out that one of my vm was attacked by somewhere from internet, lesson learned. Never expose anything without firewall being configured 1st.

2) reset my mikrotik, and then restore the backup file.

Thanks. please close the thread.