Community discussions

MikroTik App

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox 3 RC

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:29 am

What really needs to come back is the winbox session to stay on the desktop, even if the routerboard in itself is disconnected.

There are several occasions an update or change in config makes a board to disconnect. Under 'old' winbox I still had the session on my desktop. I just moved away the window telling me its disconnected and could still browse the 'historic' config of an disconnected router to see where did I go wrong. In wireless it helps me to 'fish' back a CPE that became disconnected from AP because I incorrectly changed the 'connect-to' parameters for instance. Or the scan frequency.

Or; when you download a automated upgrade script that ends with a reboot or just makes a unit disconnect (wireless) because some settings are written again, or written wrong, I really would like to see in the terminal window where the script went wrong (the 'red' blocked commands).

But in new winbox this opportunity to save you from a disaster (or help you to remember what you'd actually did) is gone.
Immediately when the board disconnects the window is closed and replace by the winbox loader with the 're-connect' option.
Even if I can re connect, I can't see anymore where the script actually went wrong. I have to load it again but make sure this time the router doesn't disconnect. If the disconnection is a result of a wrong parameter in the script (he ho, every new ROS comes with script language changes. So it happens again and again...) you end in an endless loop of loading the script > disconnect > try to find the error and load the script again > disconnect > try to find .... etc. etc. etc.

So PLEASE, let the winbox window of closed unit stay!
There can be a message the unit actually is disconnected and a button to re-connect if you'd want.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:48 am

"Inline comments" has brought under the "Settings" tap now. BAD. Now I need two mouse clicks every time again to get my comments 'in line'!
Either make the comment by default 'in line' of bring it back as a single click option/tab.

And yes, as said before;

- Why do have windows in the main window minimum sizes? At times their is so little to show, but you still want to see it amongst other info, you just want the windows as small as you can. As long you can read what you can want it's big enough.

- When will we finally see the option to select which info is shown in windows by default? For instance, opening the registration tab in the wireless tables shows the "AP" column, the "WDS"column, "Last Activity" column amongst others.
But I never need this. I know that a CPE is not an AP, and an AP is an AP. I know I am using WDS. I think 99% of users is not because MT has other, better options. Why do I need to know the 'last activity' of the router?

No, what I want to see is distance, ROS version, last IP, CCQ for instance. Everytime when I open a router I have to set these again. EVERY time because even this new winbox is not saving window settings when working over several different PC's.

- Somebody mentioned the moving of the order of the columns. +1 Yes, that could be handy. If we can already size them, open or close them, why not move them in different order? Like you can in every spreadsheet or database with columns?

- In wireless; Is it not an idea to combine the "Data Rates" and "HT MCS" in one tab? They are basically set both the same time but the settings themselves are spread over two tabs....
- In wireless; Same as above, but now the "Advanced" and "HT" tabs. Both tab window have plenty space left and "HT" can be considered as an 'advanced' setting.
- In wireless; "Tx Power" tab and "Current tX Power" tab could also be brought under one tab "Tx Power"

See, I'm now not only unsolicited beta tester, I am also thinking ahead with you guys! Where can I send the bill! :D

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:49 am

RC4 is at least much better than the previous beta version of long standing. There has been a lot of progress since that one, for sure.

I still think that Winbox throws up too many "clone" address windows of questionable utility. If I am in Winbox and reboot a router, the router window closes onto a faux address window asking me if I want to reconnect to the router -- if I wait a minute or two for it to finish rebooting and tell it to reconnect, one of three things happens: either it says "Error, cannot connect to <MAC address>", or it says "Downloading plugins" forever, or it says it is logging in, whereupon it closes and no router window opens. In all cases, if I simply choose to ignore the "do you want to reconnect" window and close it to get back to the original address window underneath, simply clicking Connect opens the router almost very time. (I did have one instance where Winbox steadfastly refused to progress past "Downloading plugins" or "Logging in" until I rebooted Windows, but that was an exception.) In short, I really don't see the utility of having multiple address windows opening themselves up, and certainly not if none of them prove to be capable of doing anything useful. If I just had the original address window staying open without being eclipsed by useless clones, I could do everything I need to do.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:55 am

We have confirmed the problem to load sessions with or without the ".viw" extension, it will be fixed in RC5.

About the columns - Winbox does save the order and set of columns. This is what I get when I connect, all the columns are as I left them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x30q2ch9lf1ub ... 7.png?dl=0

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:09 am

can at least save sorting of the columns in each tab?
for example in interface tab i sort always in TX ascending so i can see the interface with the max transfer speed.
in interface torch i sort with tx to see who is full downloading.
i always have to do these steps each time.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:41 am

WirelessRudy - Yes, we are aware that button was moved, but as already stated before - with random devices we are not being able to reproduce it. Probably there is something specific in your configuration. Maybe it is caused by model of device or packages being used. Probably specific RouterOS version is cause of this. Please send supout file to support and we will definitely inspect this issue.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:51 am

can at least save sorting of the columns in each tab?
for example in interface tab i sort always in TX ascending so i can see the interface with the max transfer speed.
in interface torch i sort with tx to see who is full downloading.
i always have to do these steps each time.
maybe you do something differently? see my workflow:

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:10 am

you are right. propably in torch only does not save sorting

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:18 pm

WirelessRudy - Yes, we are aware that button was moved, but as already stated before - with random devices we are not being able to reproduce it. Probably there is something specific in your configuration. Maybe it is caused by model of device or packages being used. Probably specific RouterOS version is cause of this. Please send supout file to support and we will definitely inspect this issue.
You are misunderstanding;
You already state yourself the button is moved. That's all.
My comment is only that due that movement the button "reset configuracion" sits now on the same place where the "advanced button" used to be. If you developed a habit, like me, to just press the last button in the row to get the advanced details presented, you now with the new winbox loader get the option to 'reset' the radio config.
If you than also, like many habitual window users (!) just ignore the warning, you click on "yes" and boem! gone is your remote unite. Unaccessible.
No need to test that, its simple enough to understand that if you erase the radio settings on a unit that is only accessible over the wireless link with certain configuration, the default radio setting will prevent it from connecting again...
That's all. Makes no sense to produce supout.rif because it is just a reset procedure leading to a disconnect.

All I wanted to say is that a warning about the moved button would be in place for habitual users....

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:19 pm

My comment is only that due that movement the button "reset configuracion" sits now on the same place where the "advanced button" used to be. If you developed a habit, like me, to just press the last button in the row to get the advanced details presented, you now with the new winbox loader get the option to 'reset' the radio config
In general, rarely-used buttons with disastrous consequences should be nowhere near commonly-used buttons, and should require confirmation. By that metric, the new position for the reset button is less awful than its previous central location, muscle memory regrettably notwithstanding. The best solution would be to migrate the reset button to the very BOTTOM -- not just the bottom of all the buttons as currently, but the very bottom of the pane, with lots of space between it and the rest of the buttons.

Similarly, I was aghast to learn only recently that one could remove an entry from the address list window by hitting just the character "r" -- no alt, no control, just "r". One errant keystroke on a central key, and you've lost an entry (and its password) without even realizing you've done it. This is an awful UI. If MikroTik won't remove it, at least they should offer a preference to disable it.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:58 pm

In general, rarely-used buttons with disastrous consequences should be nowhere near commonly-used buttons, and should require confirmation. By that metric, the new position for the reset button is less awful than its previous central location, muscle memory regrettably notwithstanding. The best solution would be to migrate the reset button to the very BOTTOM -- not just the bottom of all the buttons as currently, but the very bottom of the pane, with lots of space between it and the rest of the buttons.
+1! Can`t agree more..
Similarly, I was aghast to learn only recently that one could remove an entry from the address list window by hitting just the character "r" -- no alt, no control, just "r". One errant keystroke on a central key, and you've lost an entry (and its password) without even realizing you've done it. This is an awful UI. If MikroTik won't remove it, at least they should offer a preference to disable it.
I'll bet this is not the only error. I've had more rare events something happened that was a mystery to me. But as long as such things don't happen regularly you probably blame your brain instead of an ill UI.

Trezona
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:14 am

Does anyone still have rc3?

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Why? Now is rc5

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:11 pm

nice rc5!!! i think winbox3 starts to get mature.
have to rename again my files with .viw at the end to open automaticaly.
an auto update notification would be nice!

Trezona
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Why? Now is rc5
Nice, Thanks.

NetVicious
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Allow new line characters on the Memo component to see the whatsnew texts smooth ;-)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:55 pm

nice rc5!!! i think winbox3 starts to get mature.
have to rename again my files with .viw at the end to open automaticaly.
an auto update notification would be nice!
yes, VIW problem is fixed, now you need the extension that you previously removed

NetVicious
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:32 pm

Autoupdate says last version it's RC4!

The RC5 it's on website

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Usually it means you have proxy cache somewhere, try to reboot or clear cache in your router. It will update eventyally.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:08 pm

We have confirmed the problem to load sessions with or without the ".viw" extension, it will be fixed in RC5.

About the columns - Winbox does save the order and set of columns. This is what I get when I connect, all the columns are as I left them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x30q2ch9lf1ub ... 7.png?dl=0
Normis,
Torch always loses its column arrangement after every logout/login. This has always been a thorn in my side. While it is great to see the improvements in the other areas, could this be corrected too?

raffav

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello

I particularly hate the global inline Comments :)
any possibility to put an individual inline comments like was before to?
so i can overcome the global inline Comments in some windows?

because in some windows i like to let the comment in the normal way above the line i.e> Firewall filter, interface but like inline comment on nat, ip address etc

23q
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:59 pm

RC5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:17 pm

I have an idea about comments. A really cool feature, for me at least, would be to have two types of comments. Current comments are attached to specific list items. Those are great for things like wireless access list, dhcp static leases, etc. But for e.g. firewall, I'd rather have some "block" comments, free ones, not attached to specific rules. I often have blocks of related rules, like "forwarded ports for machine X" and I'd like to have comment as block's header/title. I can (and I do) add comment to first rule, set comments to not inline and it basically does what I need. But it has disadvantages:
  • When I need to add new rule to block and want it to be the first, I first have to remove comment from previous first rule and then add it to new one.
  • When I also want to add comments to specific rules, it breaks clarity, because what is meant as block comment looks exactly the same as rule comment.
I'd like to have something like this:
comments.png
Rule comments don't necessarily have to be inline, they can be switchable as they are now. And to distinguish between the two, block comments could be e.g. bold.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cwade
just joined

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:49 pm

I have an idea about comments. A really cool feature, for me at least, would be to have two types of comments. Current comments are attached to specific list items. Those are great for things like wireless access list, dhcp static leases, etc. But for e.g. firewall, I'd rather have some "block" comments, free ones, not attached to specific rules. I often have blocks of related rules, like "forwarded ports for machine X" and I'd like to have comment as block's header/title. I can (and I do) add comment to first rule, set comments to not inline and it basically does what I need. But it has disadvantages:
  • When I need to add new rule to block and want it to be the first, I first have to remove comment from previous first rule and then add it to new one.
  • When I also want to add comments to specific rules, it breaks clarity, because what is meant as block comment looks exactly the same as rule comment.
comments.png
Rule comments don't necessarily have to be inline, they can be switchable as they are now. And to distinguish between the two, block comments could be e.g. bold.
+1 Actually, +5! This is a great suggestion. I agree that this would be most helpfulf for the Firewall rules, NAT, and address list configurations. I have come up with several kludges to achieve this objective, but the results are merely adequate, and sometimes confusing to others.

PavelRadvan
just joined

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi,
there is problem, that winbox 3 RC5 is not showing all setting as does old winbox2.
For example settings in new CAPSMAN v2 "package path" and "upgrade policy". These are just simply not possible to set with new winbox - they are not shown. Not only for this reason and I just still use old winbox, but this is now quite important for my projects.

Is there plan to change this ?

bajodel
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:00 pm

comments.png
+1M ..really cool feature

Buzz
just joined

Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:07 am

comments.png
something similar to this request
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 50#p468991

+1

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:00 am

Problem with RC5 - the 'Autosave Session' tickbox on the loader screen is not persistant.

I have set up my views how I like them - while troubleshooting I tend to open a lot of other things but do not want it to save to that session. At the moment I have to untick 'Autosave Session' on the loader (or under settings if I forget to on Loader), if I forget, I mess up my shared view.

This is running under WINE on Ubuntu 12.04 - everything else running great, and I love the shared DB and other things of Winbox 3 thus far, great update.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:02 am

...snip about block comments...
I would like to second this request - the block comments make great 'Headings' to logically separate blocks of items, most specifically in the firewall (i.e. start of brute force, start of customer x firewall etc)

The block comments would also be useful in /export outputs for the same reason.

I'd imagine this change would have to be in the RouterOS package along with Winbox though.

chemp86
just joined

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:46 am

comments.png
+1M ..really cool feature
I`m agree - it will be very helpfull! Please add it :)

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:28 am

So you are proposing something what should be called LABEL

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:00 am

Strange behaviour....for me:

1. I am starting WinBox rc5 to connect to RB1100AHx2 @ROS 6.18
2. From this connection I am pressing "New WinBox" to connect to RB133C3 @ ROS 5.26
3. For RB133C3 WinBox looks different.
4. WinBox RC5 is saved on disk as winbox3.exe and in the same folder there is winbox2.exe file so there is no way to wrong version be started.
Winbox_from_Winbox.png

ditonet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:30 pm

3. For RB133C3 WinBox looks different.
It's typical, Winbox internal look (buttons, etc.) depends on ROS version on device connected to.
The same is with ver. 2 of Winbox, e.g. for ROS 6.x buttons have icons, for 5.x don't.

Regards,

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:47 pm

It is obvious for me that it depends on ROS version but the question is: Should it behave this way and why not to unify it ?

ditonet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Should it behave this way and why not to unify it ?
According to changelog, latest version 5.26 is 17 months old and is pretty stable.
IMHO, MikroTik is not interested in changing anything in ROS 5.x and don't expect they do something with it, even if you are asking about adding icons :) . They are focused on upcoming version 7.x.

Regards,

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:43 pm

I do not care about icons but Settings, Dashboard, "New WinBox" button etc. could be unified. IMHO they do not depend on ROS. If I could use WinBox 2 to manage 6.2x+ ROS for most functions, why I could not use full WinBox 3 for older ROS ?

ditonet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:26 pm

AFAIK from technical point of view Winbox's look and functionality depends on DLLs downloaded from router (located in folder AppData/Mikrotik/Winbox).
These DLLs are part of ROS, hence my opinion that you don't expect they do something with it.
IMHO for MikroTik ROS 5.x is already a past :( .

Regards,

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:37 pm

I have an idea about comments. A really cool feature, for me at least, would be to have two types of comments. Current comments are attached to specific list items. Those are great for things like wireless access list, dhcp static leases, etc. But for e.g. firewall, I'd rather have some "block" comments, free ones, not attached to specific rules. I often have blocks of related rules, like "forwarded ports for machine X" and I'd like to have comment as block's header/title. I can (and I do) add comment to first rule, set comments to not inline and it basically does what I need.
I already do this with the current mechanism. I create rules for a "COMMENT" chain, disable them, then put them where they need to be:
Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 1.35.16 PM.jpg
Yeah, the actual comment is still out in the right margin, but at least it stands out like I need.

huntah
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:28 am

Anyone else has all the same IPs in Neighbours?
MK-rc5-neighbors.png

pdf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 am

Winbox 3 RC5

not sure if somebody else already reported, but the PPP menu disappeared. All the PPP interfaces are "there" in the general menu, but something is weird. The PPP menu is gone and also from terminal the pppoe-client is empty

I had to reinstall Winbox 3 beta 3.

Thanks

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Winbox 3 RC5

not sure if somebody else already reported, but the PPP menu disappeared. All the PPP interfaces are "there" in the general menu, but something is weird. The PPP menu is gone and also from terminal the pppoe-client is empty

I had to reinstall Winbox 3 beta 3.

Thanks
I've got the same when my router had 5.x version of RouterOS. I upgraded to 6.27 and the problem went away.

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:10 pm

First thing - I'm positively amazed by the progress done for Winbox.

I've got a small, simple suggestion. Please make an option to disable/enable drag and drop of RouterOS configuration entries in Winbox. I'm a cautious user, but from time to time I move some firewall rules and I already locked myself out a few times, or disturbed traffic for multi-thousand-user network because of that. Just an option in "Settings" menu would be sufficient.

Surely I'm not the only one :-)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:36 pm

I've got a small, simple suggestion. Please make an option to disable/enable drag and drop of RouterOS configuration entries in Winbox. I'm a cautious user, but from time to time I move some firewall rules and I already locked myself out a few times, or disturbed traffic for multi-thousand-user network because of that. Just an option in "Settings" menu would be sufficient.

If you mean at time some rule (firewall filter, access list, any window that has many rule) sort of 'stick' to your mouse and get dumped somewhere else, so your original order is gone (particularly important in firewall filter and mange) yes I do agree.
Or a warning that ask "Do you really want to move these rules?"
It happened to me regularly. Most of the times not really disastrous, but it happened also once in my border router and it disrupted all my clients. Took me hours to find out what actually happened....
Last edited by WirelessRudy on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:44 pm

If you mean at time some rule (firewall filter, access list, any window that has many rule) sort of 'stick' you your mouse and get dumped somewhere else, so your original order is gone (particularly important in firewall filter and mange) yes I do agree.
Or a warning that ask "Do you really want to move these rules?"
It happened to me regularly. Most of the times nor really disastrous, but it happened also once in my border router and it disrupted all my clients. Took me hours to find out what actually happened....
Yes I mean exactly that. However I'm not a big fan of warning/confirmation window, because if I need to move many rules (say 20), I'll go crazy with 20 confirmations :-) If I plan to move firewall rules, I can enable drag and drop in menu, do my job, and disable it again afterwards. Of course it would get saved with session, so if somebody wants to have it enabled all the time, no problem here also. By the way it doesn't break any feature, and there will be no impact on existing users (if you leave it enabled by default).

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Well, winbox could me made smart enough to ask the questions once, even if a group of rules is moved at the same time.
Like "Do you really want to move this rule?" if you only have one selected, or "Do you really want to move these rules?" if more than one are selected.

Same would go for 'delete' option.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:55 pm

'sticky' rules are particularly an issue on tablets or touchpads/touchscreens. Here a accidental swipe could already disorder the rules and ruin your setup...

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:58 pm

'sticky' rules are particularly an issue on tablets or touchpads/touchscreens. Here a accidental swipe could already disorder the rules and ruin your setup...
So thanks for confirming that it's not just me, now let's hope it'll get implemented :-)

ditonet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:12 pm

+1 !!!

Regards,

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:53 pm

If a router disconnects the session field in the loader switches from <own> to this router's session. And after that you have to manually switch to <own> again, otherwise it starts loading this other session to all routers.
This is not a problem if you use the saved sessions from Managed. But it becomes a problem if you use winbox 3 from within Dude.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:50 pm

i want eg A.VIW to copy to B.VIW so i dont have to open again the same windows for another host.
does copying a .viw file from one session to another session makes problem?
tried it and working but i dont know the if there are any side effects.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:22 am

i want eg A.VIW to copy to B.VIW so i dont have to open again the same windows for another host.
does copying a .viw file from one session to another session makes problem?
tried it and working but i dont know the if there are any side effects.
Please clarify what you want to achieve. You can already use the same window layout when connecting to any other device. The profiles are not tied to devices, they are generic. If you mean "another PC", then sure, just copy the VIW to the other PC and use it there. You can even try putting the files in Dropbox, so that the latest view is always on both computers, but I am not sure how this will work if many computers use one file at the same time.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Winbox 3 RC

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:48 am

I dont mean one .viw file. I meant copied and paste to many files.
Ok i got the answer that is not tied to a host. Thanx

spippan

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Winbox RC1 is available. There are lots of changes since beta 3*
http://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... winbox.exe

* - (10 versions were not made public)
awesome thanks .... works great under wine on mac ("WinBox4Mac") ;-D --> even did the upgrade directly out of the Beta3 running under wine ;)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't know if this is a winbox feature or ROS, but when can we finally select and copy parts of the log output in winbox?

Sometimes you are just trying to figure out what happened by digging through the log. But there is so much info and specially when you want a quick look into when and how many times something happened it would be nice if you can just temporarily 'select' parts of the text. Would be even better if we than also could copy and paste it somewhere else for further study.

Top of the bill would be if you could even select some specific info out of the log to be highlighted (of made visible).
Like logs of AP contain a lot of info but for instance I would like to know one specific mac's history. Now its sometimes like searching the needle in the haystack
Many have been asking for better log features in the past but since ROSv2.x its never changed......

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Winbox 3 RC

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:13 pm

I would like copy paste of rules between different sessions!
Eg i mark one firewall rule right click it and copy. I go to another session and i paste it.

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:29 am

Eg i mark one firewall rule right click it and copy. I go to another session and i paste it.
You can do it easily today. Just open a terminal, enter
/ip firewall filter export
(or nat or mangle), select required rules, copy them to clipboard, and paste them to terminal in another session.

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:32 am

I don't know if this is a winbox feature or ROS, but when can we finally select and copy parts of the log output in winbox?

Sometimes you are just trying to figure out what happened by digging through the log. But there is so much info and specially when you want a quick look into when and how many times something happened it would be nice if you can just temporarily 'select' parts of the text. Would be even better if we than also could copy and paste it somewhere else for further study.

Top of the bill would be if you could even select some specific info out of the log to be highlighted (of made visible).
Like logs of AP contain a lot of info but for instance I would like to know one specific mac's history. Now its sometimes like searching the needle in the haystack
Many have been asking for better log features in the past but since ROSv2.x its never changed......
I just log to disk instead of memory (it's good idea anyway because log data is persistent across reboots), and then drag and drop log files to my desktop, then further analyze them (using Notepad++ or grep/awk/sed or any other tool).

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Winbox 3 RC

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 am

You can do it easily today. Just open a terminal, enter
/ip firewall filter export
(or nat or mangle), select required rules, copy them to clipboard, and paste them to terminal in another session.
I know that way........ but it will be a lot easier if you right click selected rules, copy, and those rules would be in clipboard so you can paste them in another session terminal or notepad for editing!

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:50 am

I just log to disk instead of memory (it's good idea anyway because log data is persistent across reboots), and then drag and drop log files to my desktop, then further analyze them (using Notepad++ or grep/awk/sed or any other tool).
Well, don't know. If I do that I get a notepad document without line enters so one big soup of characters. Now I have to start text editing just to get things readable. You also need export it to your desktop first and then open. Just 2 extra steps apart from the soup you get. Why can't this not be made possible just within winbox?

bajodel
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:53 am

+1 for drag and drop sticky switch (good idea!! better reliable behavior)
+1 for full row comment rule (I'm already using a 'dummy' chain to create floating comment but now, with the new inline comment globally on/off, I cannot keep some window not inline. ..and comments go out of screen)

olco
just joined

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi,

Just à little cosmetic request. Beside the "inline comments" option, can you add this view option : Auto Size Columns + Headers
Very practicle for every body want to view all information without endless click & move with the mouse....

For an example look at the Freeware from Nirsoft, WakeMeOnLan (the idea is based on) :
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 am

My other problem is with log window. I don't know whether it's caused by my 125% DPI setting (otherwise fonts are too small) or something else, but the time is not fully visible, and that column is not resizeable. Thus it's hard to correlate events from log (especially when troubleshooting new customer, where logging is not set to disk, so I can't download the log and read in a Windows tool).
2015-02-19_08-53-16.png

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Another feature that definitely could use a modernisation:
In any window with columns some are preset. It would be nice if the preset columns could be set according wish (a shobloon that counts for every winbox version opened from that moment on.

But, more important, if you'd select a column to be shown or disappear every time you'd click on a column name its set and you'd have to open the same again to go to the next. (In menu window of choice; right-click -> click on "Show Columns" in the pull down menu and select/deselect the column of choice.....
If you, like me several times a day, want to re-arrange the columns at your wish this means many, many unnecessary mouse clicks a day!

Why not have the option to tick on or of each column of choice and than one click to accept and all columns set at once....

To arrange this in a sjabloon type of setting (with column width and order) for each window type that counts for all winbox sessions, independent of the routerboard opened, it would save sooo much time on a day to day basis.

Ok, you can set the windows and column order etc. to you choice per router and save it. But if you have 1000's of routers this means at least even so many times you have to set it the first time. And then many times these settings get lost everytime again:
- firmware upgrade with reboot usually set your windows back to default
- every new router needs to be given the settings of your choice
- when working with many PC's settings made on one PC are overwritten when another PC closes window of same board later.
- when settings made and router disconnect for whatever reason before settings were save you can start all over again...

Just a sjabloon setting for the default winbox session would save us operators sooo much time and irritation. I've been asking this for years, hopefully this time it might be taken in consideration! :D

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 pm

But the columns are saved, and their order, and their selection! This is why new Winbox has the sessions

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

But the columns are saved, and their order, and their selection! This is why new Winbox has the sessions
Well, maybe you give me a nice explanation then how it works because I have to redo them every time again. And with some 700 routerboards I still have 650 or so to go if this would have been a one time job anyway! (Each rb its own saved session?)

Explain to me how these sessions actually work? I work on at least 4 different PC's and swap around these all the time. I also have 4 employees with their terminals that at times need access. Or I jump behind their terminals. It irritates me the lot every time again I first have to set the info I need to my wish. If this could be made easy by just having a general winbox outlay like the default, but to my wish, I could have save myself half my life and be on the beach at least a month per year.....

If I save a 'session' at certain location, another PC can't reach that file and has to open it on his own. How to solve that? Save it to a cloud folder? But then I have to make sure all accounts on all PC's have access rights to that cloud folder. Which per default I don't want so I have to make exemptions.... pfff. It would have been so much more easy if we could just alter the default way winbox loader opens the routerboard. There is a default setting, why are we as user not allowed to change that to our own wish?
Who made the decision what information is shown per default?

[For instance, in almost every window that shows traffic it shows the Tx and Rx Packets. Info that in general is never needed. Most of us probably only want to see how much data goes over an interface, in General. Or the MTU setting? This kind of info usually is only needed with in depth troubleshooting, not day to day monitoring.]

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:24 pm

Well, maybe you give me a nice explanation then how it works because I have to redo them every time again. And with some 700 routerboards I still have 650 or so to go if this would have been a one time job anyway! (Each rb its own saved session?)

Explain to me how these sessions actually work? I work on at least 4 different PC's and swap around these all the time. I also have 4 employees with their terminals that at times need access. Or I jump behind their terminals. It irritates me the lot every time again I first have to set the info I need to my wish. If this could be made easy by just having a general winbox outlay like the default, but to my wish, I could have save myself half my life and be on the beach at least a month per year.....

If I save a 'session' at certain location, another PC can't reach that file and has to open it on his own. How to solve that? Save it to a cloud folder? But then I have to make sure all accounts on all PC's have access rights to that cloud folder. Which per default I don't want so I have to make exemptions.... pfff. It would have been so much more easy if we could just alter the default way winbox loader opens the routerboard. There is a default setting, why are we as user not allowed to change that to our own wish?

[For instance, in almost every window that shows traffic it shows the Tx and Rx Packets. Info that in general is never needed. Most of us probably only want to see how much data goes over an interface, in General. Or the MTU setting? This kind of info usually is only needed with in depth troubleshooting, not day to day monitoring.]
I even made a video in the previous page: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 35#p468535

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:52 pm

I even made a video in the previous page: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 35#p468535
Well sorry, have you even been reading my post? This video shows 10% on what I am asking for. It just shows to 'auto save' some setting. It leave a lot of questions unanswered.
Where? Where is the default folder that winbox uses to save? How can I set that into something different and then what next time? Do I point winbox to that specific file to open again? Or did it remember where it is, even if this now on another PC? Is this easy? I don't think so. This is nice if you have time to setup cloud file and put the folder for each routerboard again and again in this folder with its file.
When I walk to my next PC I just want to open same router with the same settings. Do I now have to dig for the just created file on my previous PC? Nice, if you have some thousands of rb's....

If you call that "easy"? Well, what can I say.

Just a 'default ' winbox loader that can be adjusted by the user would make life so much easier.
My employees already decided not to use the new winbox loader anymore. In stead of making your life easier it just became much more complicated with it. Even the latests rc has so many changes that still not work, or new features that nobody asked for but replaced old regularly used ones. The more I myself work with it the more I develop the 'lingering back to the old'. And I am the one complaining about changes for winbox loader for a long time! :(
Not scoring any point from me so far.

chojrak11
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:02 pm

If you call that "easy"? Well, what can I say.

Just a 'default ' winbox loader that can be adjusted by the user would make life so much easier.
My employees already decided not to use the new winbox loader anymore. In stead of making your life easier it just became much more complicated with it. Even the latests rc has so many changes that still not work, or new features that nobody asked for but replaced old regularly used ones. The more I myself work with it the more I develop the 'lingering back to the old'. And I am the one complaining about changes for winbox loader for a long time! :(
Not scoring any point from me so far.
I think you desperately need some sleep and a doze of magnesium and/or antidepressant. The situation is reverse to what you're trying to imply here, Winbox is becoming useful after all those dark years, and honestly, to me your problems seem invented. If you were able to handle those 700 devices with winbox 2, I see no reason to not be able do it even better with winbox 3.

And for the features, I consider them valuable. All of them.

As you're saying, you're the only one who complain.

Easy, man.

(now I'm disabling reply notifications on this thread)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Where? Where is the default folder that winbox uses to save?
It doesn't matter, since you can move them with "Save As"
How can I set that into something different and then what next time? Do I point winbox to that specific file to open again?
In Winbox loader you can load sessions from a dropdown, or show winbox where to look for session files:
Screenshot 2015-02-19 15.05.16.png
did it remember where it is, even if this now on another PC
Other PC has different session files. To have same layout on other PC too, you must send the VIW file to the other PC. You can use Dropbox to share the file. Winbox loader has "MOVE SESSION FOLDER" option in menu bar.
Is this easy? I don't think so
Have you tried dropbox? it is easy
how does this solve the sharing with other PCs? the sessions and other winbox settings are in the PC, not in the router.

please simply try to use Winbox 3 and see for your self. From your questions it seems you have not even seen the new options and menus

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:27 pm

i like the new winbox3 functions.
1.inline comments for me is the best so far. one click and everything is inline! so you have more data fit in screen.
2.i am saving my sessions to a dropbox folder. work in the morning, home at night...syncronizing session windows where i left them. nice!
3.and another thing, when i build a session windows the way i like it i save it with a name "example.viw" and after i load it to every sessions i want to look like this!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:50 pm

when i build a session windows the way i like it i save it with a name "example.viw" and after i load it to every sessions i want to look like this!
you can now "move session folder" to dropbox, from loader window menu

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm just going to reply on some of your stuff, to show you how wrong you are...;
Other PC has different session files. To have same layout on other PC too, you must send the VIW file to the other PC.
You call that easy? Well, every winbox loader has a default setting that is always there, even if I go to the shop to buy a new PC and I upload a winbox loader the default settings are there. Not to my like but always the same. So somewhere in winbox program file it is set. Why can I not change that default setting in the program so all I need is one usb stick for instance and can use it on any PC in the world to open each of my routers with my preferred settings?
It could even be made easier if winbox would save settings for each user in the routerboard itself. Than even the usb stick is not needed. Just download anywhere in the world a winbox loader, login with the IP you know you have access and put your name and password and your preferred settings would be there. That's what I would call "easy".
If you have thousands of routerboards and 10ths of different users with the proposed setting you now have to create many thousands of files. That's easy yeah....
Have you tried dropbox? it is easy
I have dropbox for about 3 years now. But that doesn't mean its always "easy". If you use many PC's and have some other that need access to only some of the files you need to do a lot of config to make it all happen smoothly. And to have it always working fast, even if you are off line, you need to have all the files syncd at your HD. Try that on a slim system if you have GB's to sync. And now I have to start putting winbox files in it too....? Nice if you have topnotch laptops and PC's with big and fast HDD's everywhere connected to the fastest network and you'r ok. Don't even think of doing it on a old device, it takes minutes to get what you want and it slows your PC down a lot. A major complaint about winbox anyway. Ever reading forums different than your own?
Dropbox is also not very friendly if you have to share same files with different users. Unless you buy the 'business' version every time a file is opened twice you'd create a copyfile. After a while you have several copies of same, but each possible slightly different. ....
please simply try to use Winbox 3 and see for your self. From your questions it seems you have not even seen the new options and menus
I 'play' with it from the first day rc1 came out and have all updated to rc5 (Also because the 'old' winbox isn't available on the website anymore to download.) Some of the new options are not used by me simply because I need to 'work' on my network, not trying and find out what every function does do and can do. And as usual no manual provided!

Oh, last remark
As you're saying, you're the only one who complain.
from your previous post. You are saying all 219 posts made in this specific tread is only sheering the good work. Common man, this is an above average lively tread and most of the post made by others are either requests to do things different as they are now or further features that are asked for now winbox is really on the move after so many years. Don't tell me I am the only one complaining. We are at rc5 where rc1 was proclaimed by you the 23rd of January. So in 27 days we have seen 5 release now and 219 post only because nobody complains.... I think I rest my case. Can't tell an elephant to move if he thinks he is in the right position.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:58 pm

You write so long sentences for so simple questions. Did you really try what I suggested? It seems you did not, because your questions are the same.
Well, every winbox loader has a default setting that is always there, even if I go to the shop to buy a new PC and I upload a winbox loader the default settings are there. Not to my like but always the same. So somewhere in winbox program file it is set. Why can I not change that default setting in the program so all I need is one usb stick for instance and can use it on any PC in the world to open each of my routers with my preferred settings?
yes, just connect to winbox, edit layout, use SAVE AS to your USB
If you use many PC's and have some other
What else did you expect? If the slim system has no internet, no HDD and no dropbox, we don't have telepathy sync yet, sorry. If you have good suggestion how to sync files without network and drive, let me know
you are saying all 219 posts made in this specific tread
this thread is about all RC versions, every one has new features and fixes, suggested by users. the new RC5 works great finally. I use it too.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Normis,
Columns are not saved in "Torch".
This would be extremely desirable from one session to another !! :)

raffav

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 pm

hi

is any possible to add a "override" inline comments on windows like was in the version 2 too ?
so i can decide if i want inline comments in firewall, nat , address list. etc ....

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Normis,
Columns are not saved in "Torch".
This would be extremely desirable from one session to another !! :)
Yes, this is a known issue, somebody already reported in one of the previous pages, thanks!

davidnvega
just joined

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:00 am

I didn't read all replies above. But i think i can give some suggestions. First of all it is awesome how you improved Winbox in a few months. Congratulations!

* When i open Winbox it's great to have to input a master password, but it's available the last sesion saved with the password i had set. Anyone that open winbox can access to my last sesion.

* It would be nice to have a keyword shortcut like alt + tab for change between windows inside Winbox. It could be ctrl + tab.

* If we have a full screen option and the ability to modify windows size as we want i think that we could have a better use of the available space. May be if you include a hide option for the left menu could be useful.

* Lot of people prefers a dark background at least in console. It would be great to have an invert-color button in terminal, or a command. I prefer to use Putty for a terminal configuration instead of Winbox's terminal just because of this reason.

* Winbox still having suddenly closures.

* For wireless links we don't have a safe way to configure our devices. When we make some changes in our devices's settings we lose the link for some seconds and the Safe button it isn't useful. I think we need a button for test changes for a configurable interval before to apply them definitely.

I don't remember a few suggestions more in this moment. You are doing great! Thanks for listen your OS users!

yacsap
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 am

Where does it save the session layout? To the router or winbox's configuration file in windows?

sindudas

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 am

Hi,

I've been using version 3 of Winbox from Beta versions until the last RC 5. Since the RC versions I appreciated the lack of some options in RouterOS v5.x -> v2.9.x , such as :

Main menu -> Wireless, PPP, IPv6, MPLS, Routing,...
Sub menu -> IP/DHCP Client, IP/DHCP Relay, IP/DHCP Server, IP/HotSpot, IP/IPsec,...

Regards,
Roberto.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:21 am

Where does it save the session layout? To the router or winbox's configuration file in windows?
into the VIW file, on your PC. you can put the VIW file in anothe PC to have the same window layout when you connect somewhere (not just this router, any router)

yacsap
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:40 am

into the VIW file, on your PC. you can put the VIW file in anothe PC to have the same window layout when you connect somewhere (not just this router, any router)
Thank you for your information, I really appreciate it!

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi,

Just à little cosmetic request. Beside the "inline comments" option, can you add this view option : Auto Size Columns + Headers
Very practicle for every body want to view all information without endless click & move with the mouse....

For an example look at the Freeware from Nirsoft, WakeMeOnLan (the idea is based on) :
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html
+1

fposavec

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:37 pm

One request :)

add auto port knocking for access core routers.

raffav

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello

Any possibility to create a mobile version of winbox, the api that is available is very limited to work with

coolex
just joined

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:39 pm

One more bug:

Winbox version: 3.0rc5
RouterOS version: 6.20-6.27

System => Schedule:
When add or first time open some task, I see only policy ,,FTP".
Second time open of task I see all.

Regards,
Kuba

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 am

One more bug:

Winbox version: 3.0rc5
RouterOS version: 6.20-6.27

System => Schedule:
When add or first time open some task, I see only policy ,,FTP".
Second time open of task I see all.

Regards,
Kuba
Confirmed... :)

Hotz1

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:43 am

I have yet to characterize the steps leading to this behavior, but when I leave the original Winbox window open (using the "Open in New Window" option), after a while the device scan stops working and the "Refresh" button yields only an empty list. Quitting Winbox and restarting restores normal operation... for a while.

Also, it would be -nice- if the new window wouldn't automatically show up right on top of the list of devices.

And it would be -nice- if you could highlight multiple devices from the list, and open Winbox on all of them with one click on "Connect".

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:57 am

I have yet to characterize the steps leading to this behavior, but when I leave the original Winbox window open (using the "Open in New Window" option), after a while the device scan stops working and the "Refresh" button yields only an empty list. Quitting Winbox and restarting restores normal operation... for a while.
+1. Exact description of the behavior I've been seeing for weeks.
And it would be -nice- if you could highlight multiple devices from the list, and open Winbox on all of them with one click on "Connect".
This is supposed to work. But what I see happen instead is that N useless copies of the address/"reconnect" window open quite reliably, interleaved in with 1-to-N copies of the desired Winbox windows, and the latter number is highly variable.

wrobli
just joined

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 am

Hi.
Is it possible to open more than one address at a time?
When We select 5 address with "shift" and open all 5 address in new window?

Manfred
just joined

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Hello

Seems that Winbox3 RC1 has a Bug in the Neighbors - Function, if there is more than 1 LAN - Adapter installed.
The Neighbor - List is incomplete !
winbox3.jpg
Manfred

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:56 pm

I would like to see a possibility to configure what interface(s) will be used to send neighbor discovery packets (and mac-telnet packets). I already saw that winbox sent discovery requests only through improper interface (Virtualbox virtual interface, etc). MT support said that I have to disable all the other interfaces but it is not the solution (why I should close the virtualbox to use the Winbox).

On my desktop Pc I have 2 ethernet cards - one attached to office network and the other I am using to connect to routerboards and other devices. I would be happy if I can say thaet the second ethernet should be used for neighbor discovery.

I hope it would solve many mysterious cases when the RB device is not showing in list of discovered devices (espacially important when the device has no RS232 port).

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:21 am

Hello

Seems that Winbox3 RC1 has a Bug in the Neighbors - Function, if there is more than 1 LAN - Adapter installed.
winbox3.jpg
Manfred
please make sure you run the latest version before reporting issues. RC5 is out for a while already, you are four versions behind

grisina
just joined

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:43 am

One feature request...
Is it possible when you have a session open you right click for example a firewall rule and you copy it. If you paste it in notepad or in terminal in same or another session it should appear the rule. So you dont have to export.
In simple copy paste rules from one winbox session to another!
this would be useful when testing rules and various configs in your home router you just copy-paste them to your customers!

miro263
just joined

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:10 am

chinese tea :D

3.13.0-45-generic #74-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 13 19:36:28 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
wine-1.7.34
Locale:
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_TIME=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_NAME=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=sk_SK.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi,

Winbox 3.0rc5 sometimes doesn't offer Wireless in left side menu (the device has wlan device). I saw it in two cases yet. Each was older ROS (5.21 last time) and in the first case Wireless menu appeared when I started Winbox again. In the second case I was not able to see the Wireless menu even after Winbox restart...

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:20 pm

@dada You're using Linux + Wine 1.4.1?

When winbox for Linux? or linbox? :)

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:52 am

@dada You're using Linux + Wine 1.4.1?

When winbox for Linux? or linbox? :)
no I am using Winbox on Windows 7

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi,

Winbox 3.0rc5 sometimes doesn't offer Wireless in left side menu (the device has wlan device). I saw it in two cases yet. Each was older ROS (5.21 last time) and in the first case Wireless menu appeared when I started Winbox again. In the second case I was not able to see the Wireless menu even after Winbox restart...
Sometimes rc5, even on ros 6.27, doesn't show 'comment' field in wireless registration tables too.
Need to close the wireless window to open it again and its there......

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:54 am

I upgraded from rc3 to 5, and all my saved sessions were gone, had to create again for every router, except the ones one ver 5x. Is this normal behaviour ? it had happened earlier but I did not bother and created all again, and now again.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Fresh Windows 7 install. No AV programs, no VMWare....anything non-Windows.
Winbox RC5...MAC connection directly to RB433 @ 6.27 with Ethernet, no switches etc.
Several seconds after start...bang...disconnected.

athlonxp78
just joined

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:45 am

I upgraded from rc3 to 5, and all my saved sessions were gone, had to create again for every router, except the ones one ver 5x. Is this normal behaviour ? it had happened earlier but I did not bother and created all again, and now again.
Exactly same issue here...

Normis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 am

Exactly same issue here...

Normis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Run winbox 2 or 3 beta, export to file and import in winbox3 rc

Manfred
just joined

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello

winbox3.jpg
Manfred
please make sure you run the latest version before reporting issues. RC5 is out for a while already, you are four versions behind
Problem still exists with Winbox3 RC5 !
Probably there should be a possibility to select the Interface ( like in Router OS ) which to be used for Neighbor - Scan !

Manfred

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:59 pm

I have also noticed this, if for some reason connection is lost, when i try again the windows are messed up, they are kind of minimized, from the normal size, anybody experienced this ?

athlonxp78
just joined

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:45 pm

I have also noticed this, if for some reason connection is lost, when i try again the windows are messed up, they are kind of minimized, from the normal size, anybody experienced this ?
Yep, i can confirm that :D

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi,

3.0rc5 - I have problems with BTest - when I measure speed I often see that the graph is showing bad value (the one in the box inside the graph area) and the graph itself is ether not updated or overwrites graph from the older test.
Anybody else with the same problem?

leoservices
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:47 am

Hello, would like to make a suggestion to the developers of Winbox; a box for the port field; easy to read / use for some users.

mdenadal
just joined

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi,

3.0rc5 - I have problems with BTest - when I measure speed I often see that the graph is showing bad value (the one in the box inside the graph area) and the graph itself is ether not updated or overwrites graph from the older test.
Anybody else with the same problem?
Same problem here.

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:20 pm

What really needs to come back is the winbox session to stay on the desktop, even if the routerboard in itself is disconnected.

There are several occasions an update or change in config makes a board to disconnect. Under 'old' winbox I still had the session on my desktop. I just moved away the window telling me its disconnected and could still browse the 'historic' config of an disconnected router to see where did I go wrong. In wireless it helps me to 'fish' back a CPE that became disconnected from AP because I incorrectly changed the 'connect-to' parameters for instance. Or the scan frequency.

Or; when you download a automated upgrade script that ends with a reboot or just makes a unit disconnect (wireless) because some settings are written again, or written wrong, I really would like to see in the terminal window where the script went wrong (the 'red' blocked commands).

But in new winbox this opportunity to save you from a disaster (or help you to remember what you'd actually did) is gone.
Immediately when the board disconnects the window is closed and replace by the winbox loader with the 're-connect' option.
Even if I can re connect, I can't see anymore where the script actually went wrong. I have to load it again but make sure this time the router doesn't disconnect. If the disconnection is a result of a wrong parameter in the script (he ho, every new ROS comes with script language changes. So it happens again and again...) you end in an endless loop of loading the script > disconnect > try to find the error and load the script again > disconnect > try to find .... etc. etc. etc.

So PLEASE, let the winbox window of closed unit stay!
There can be a message the unit actually is disconnected and a button to re-connect if you'd want.

I didnt see any1 commenting on this suggestion from WirelessRudy, but I want to STRONGLY second it!!
The ability to look at open windows and possibly copy out f.ex. SSIDs etc. is a VERY nice feature of v2, and has saved me more then once if I did something wrong intentionally during config or by accident!

BIG +1 from me!!! :)
Last edited by Basdno on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:32 pm

Well, don't know. If I do that I get a notepad document without line enters so one big soup of characters. Now I have to start text editing just to get things readable. You also need export it to your desktop first and then open. Just 2 extra steps apart from the soup you get. Why can't this not be made possible just within winbox?

Want to second WirelessRudys original post here too, too often I find myself looking for something in log and when I find it all I should need to do was copy that IP/MAC-adress or whatever and paste it into the rule/connectlist/accesslist whatever and it would have been done in 3 seconds.
As it works now I have to write it down manually, making sure I read right line in log etc. (But atleast after freez button came I can stop log from moving). But still, copy&paste from log would make so many situations easier!

Another BIG +1 from me today! :)

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi,

/log pri

is a way how to get copyable log lines. Although if the log is larger it is not too much comfortable.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:44 pm

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Can someone post the rc6 change log ? I can't download it at the moment.

Thanks,
-tp

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:38 am

After configuring and playing with the viw feature for a while, it's apparent that it doesn't do what I was hoping it would.

There are at least two levels of configuration needed, and they serve different purposes.

The first (let's call it "format") is to modify the preferences of which fields should appear by "default" in the various Winbox windows (e.g., Firewall, Connect List, Mangle, Registration, Simple Queues, and so on) how wide the columns should be, and their order. A company might well want to standardize this behavior for every router they own, and as new windows are customized or old windows are customized differently, they would want the changes to be automatically applied to all other routers next time they are opened.

The second (let's call it "content") is to keep track of what windows were open when the router was last closed. For example, the set of "default" windows on a core router wouldn't be the same set as you would want for a CPE. This would vary from individual router to individual router.

The problem is that when you use the viw mechanism to achieve a common format, you also impose common content, which you don't want.

It would be nice if we could have both benefits instead of having to settle for only one or the other.

By the way, I mentioned column "order" above. Several earlier postings talk about preserving the "order" of the columns, but I suspect they really meant the presence or absence of columns. In a couple of cases, I tried actually reordering columns left or right of where they show up by default, to create a display that was easier for me to interpret, and I couldn't find any way to move them. Is there a way, and I'm just missing it?

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Can someone post the rc6 change log ?
What's new in v3.0rc6:
*) allow to inline comments per table bases as well;
*) remember table filters in current sessions;
*) remeber Torch window column sorting order & visibility;
*) by default hide all passwords;
*) remember that session was <own> on reconnects;
Last edited by honzam on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urknall

Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:54 pm

In IP -> Firewall i am not able to move rules up an down via drag & drop...

EDIT: Addidionally the order is not sorted like in old winbox.

EDIT 2: Ok, solved: After resorting the rules with the number column i am able to drag and drop again :)

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Can someone post the rc6 change log ?[/quote]

What's new in v3.0rc6:
*) allow to inline comments per table bases as well;
*) remember table filters in current sessions;
*) remeber Torch window column sorting order & visibility;
*) by default hide all passwords;
*) remember that session was <own> on reconnects;[/quote]

It saves the columns in "Torch"...!! Holy Crap :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Tik guys !!!

-tp

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:35 pm

any chance of moving the columns left or right inside a window.
fo example in dhcp server-leases i want the active address column to be the first.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm experiencing a lot of Winbox crashes when opening existing templates that worked just fine under v3rc5. Has anyone had this issue?

-tp

ndbjorne
just joined

Winbox 3 RC 6 (same problem with rc 5)

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Not working under wine: it returns
winbox3-0-rc6.error.2015-03-10 221105.png
on console:
[b]wine winbox.exe[/b] 
creating Window Class routeros_null
creating Window Class routeros_connect
creating Window Class routeros_dbl_canvas
loadConfig C:\users\ndt\Application Data\Mikrotik\Winbox\Addresses.cdb
 discovery started
rescaning
ConnectWindow::onConnect
discovery stopped
sending first handshake
doing handshake
disconnect
~Connection
 discovery started
rescaning
of course no problem if I run winbox 2.18

I removed all files in working dir (but winbox) and after quitting I found a 350 bytes .tmp file.

Anyone else?

Regards

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:50 am

On old Winbox, when run on computer with multiple monitors it would remember the monitor on which the winbox loader was run the last time and reopen it on the same monitor.
Also when connecting to a router it would also remember on which monitor was last loaded for that specific router.

My setup is 3 monitors. I want winbox loader to always load on the 2nd monitor (the middle one) and depending on which router I connect it will open on whatever monitor I left it at last time I logged in to that router.
This is how it works on old Winbox.

On the new Winbox the loader will load on whichever monitor the winbox was last closed on.
It remembers on which monitor to load every router I log in to, but the loader will open on which ever monitor I last exited winbox from instead of remembering to open it on the middle monitor (in my case).

Is it possible to revert this behavior back to how it used to work on Winbox2?

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:20 pm

when i run winbox, main window starts in my middle of the screen. thats ok. i want it there.
but when winbox shutsdown unexpected or by disconection. next time i open it, it opens on the top left of my screen.

raffav

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi

for me on the winbox 3rc6 the key shortcut E, D, R, dell is not working any more

someone with this bug?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi

for me on the winbox 3rc6 the key shortcut E, D, R, dell is not working any more

someone with this bug?
This may not be a bug -- it may have been done on purpose due to feedback, though I didn't see any announcement of it.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:21 am

Yes, it was done on purpose, we will invent some more secure shortcut or find another solution. "R" was just too easy to press accidentaly

raffav

Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Ok
thanks for answering

maybe a ctrl + dell with confirmation ?

Some time ago i read in the forum that the winbox loader will be replaced this is valid or not ?

BoingoNOC
just joined

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Missing Features in new Winbox, please see attached screenshots
Allot of these features that used to be there we use everyday.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
MenuMissing2.png

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 am

Yes, it was done on purpose, we will invent some more secure shortcut or find another solution. "R" was just too easy to press accidentaly
Although I welcome this change, I must admit I was a little flummoxed today when I actually had to delete an entry on purpose, and was no longer sure how to do it. :-) I finally thought of right-clicking, which I suspect is the only remaining way.

I should add that when you right-click, the contextual menu still documents the shortcut that no longer exists.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:25 am

Missing Features in new Winbox
These features show up in my routers. Is it possible you neglected to load the ppp and wireless RouterOS packages on that router?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:47 am

Here's a strange bug (don't know whether it's new in Winbox 3)...

The IP Pool window shows a comment field, but /ip pool has no comment property!

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:24 pm

See the picture...same ROS, same boards, WinBox RC 6
433_diff.png

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:27 pm

433_diff.png
What is the issue here exactly? Please post full problem description

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Different number of displayed fields. No Frequency. Different names.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:43 pm

Different number of displayed fields. No Frequency. Different names.
Sorry, I didn't see the image on the right before. OK, I will look into it

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:24 pm

The only difference I see is not used but installed CAPSMan on the right side.

BoingoNOC
just joined

Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:55 pm

These features show up in my routers. Is it possible you neglected to load the ppp and wireless RouterOS packages on that router?
The older version works fine.
The new version shows those options when I first open in for the day , it seems, then they are gone.
Any ideas

DLNoah
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:48 pm

433_diff.png
The boards are not running the same wireless package.

The one on the left is running the old wireless package (no CAPsMAN present in the menu bar).

The one on the right is running wireless-fp (CAPsMAN present in the menu bar). Wireless-fp uses the new interface designed for 802.11ac support, which changes how it reports channels and other similar information.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Thanks...I have just found/verified it :-)

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:38 pm

Winbox version 3.0rc6
RouterBoot fw: 3.22
RouterOS ver.: 6.27, 6.27, 6.28rc6
Device: RB750G, SXTG-5HPacD, SXT Lite2

If repeatedly run profile from winbox (Tools->Profile) - winbox will be crash.
I can confirm this as it has been the source of all my Winbox 3.0rc6 crashes. Till they get a fix, simply do not use it.
Other than that it seems to work great.

I do wish that "Torch" would remember the selection of the "collection" items that I chose, instead of just the defaults each time it starts.
Also, remember the last interface I selected too.

I DOES keep getting better each time though.. 8)

avlipa
just joined

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Winbox version 3.0rc6
Same thing with Tools->Ping. The crash can occur even if I try to open/close other windows (not from tools menu) after closing Tools->Ping.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Here's one I haven't seen posted previously.

I often use Winbox to perform large drag-and-drop file transfers into routers, most often a half dozen or so packages of a new RouterOS release, that take appreciable real time to copy. Under Winbox 2, while the transfer was going on, I could move the progress window aside, view other Winbox panels, maybe open or close some functions. Under Winbox 3, not only can't I do any of that, I can't even bring the main Winbox window to the front or move it around the screen.

Trezona
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Winbox version 3.0rc6
Same thing with Tools->Ping. The crash can occur even if I try to open/close other windows (not from tools menu) after closing Tools->Ping.
Yes i have this same problem!

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:19 am

Trezona, avlipa, alexboroda - We repeated Winbox crash in our lab. It will be fixee in upcoming versions.

Trezona
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:27 am

Thanks very much.

zikachu

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:52 pm

rc6 closed by itself when you moving sections. rc5 more stable than this.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:54 pm

t is closed by itself when you moving sections. rc5 more stable than this.
which sections did you change ?

zikachu

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:29 pm

in wireless registration tab. time to time want to mac telnet or ping or double click the client it is closed by itself in rc6.

in rc5 there is no problem like that.

kraic
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Crashes all time

marlab

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:29 pm

I run 3.0rc6 on OS X, under Wine. It's pretty stable, and session save works pretty well, still - I do not trust it :lol: For example, I just noticed the Leases list on IP/DHCP Server sometimes show incomplete list. Then I need to enable/disable inline comments to see the full list again. I have RB2011UiAS-2HnD, and OS 6.27

garlicbulb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 am

Whatever happened to the ability to adjust column widths on the log screen? I think it worked in b2 but it certainly doesn't work for me in b3

Hotz1

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:25 pm

In addition to the neighbor list not populating after running for a while (the "Refresh" button returns an empty list), when you do run Winbox, sometimes when you close a Terminal window within the Winbox session, the entire session closes.

This is with 3.0rc5, running on Win7.

mboy
just joined

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Please add import from the csv file.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:57 pm

a double click in the sides of the title column could resize column to fit content. like in excel.

garlicbulb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:05 am

No title row on the log screen

mboy
just joined

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:40 pm

I have more than 500 connections and manually add the address book is unrealistic.

solaoxo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:19 am

winbox 3 rc6 difficult to use, stable, always turn off automatically, or rc5 good, very stable, but I did not save, I do not know now where can be downloaded to.

Clauu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Hello, where is the 'hide password' feature like in old winbox? Does this v3 has such thing?

raffav

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Hello, where is the 'hide password' feature like in old winbox? Does this v3 has such thing?
yes
it was moved to settings menu

Clauu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Doh silly me, thanks

empwebs
just joined

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:53 am

Just want to share something that oddly happened to me while using rc5 the other day on a ccr1009. DNS setting suddenly got deleted and DNS resolution timeout was set to 0.

Caused me a lot of panic... Until I realized that the resolution time was 0!

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:33 pm

A suggestion I already told to Sergejs and Normunds (I believe) at the MUM: being able to switch between opened windows inside the same winbox session with some kind of key combo, CTRL-Tab already switches between tabs, something like shift-tab, ctrl-shift-tab or anything not too contorted :)

Clauu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Ok so at the moment of accesing tools-profile my winbox sessions instantly closes.. anyone with the same problem?

Clauu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 am

Ok so now doesn;t matter what i do my session will close instanlty after pressing the connect button.. what the hell :|

Taylor

Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:36 am

Ok so at the moment of accesing tools-profile my winbox sessions instantly closes.. anyone with the same problem?
Same here

TomosRider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Just want to say, great work guys....salute to MIkrotik staff!

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:12 am

I know it's late in the product cycle, but...

One thing that would make a lot of my work easier is a simple facility (right-click menu option, or whatever) that would do a reverse DNS on a selected IP address.

marcelbohmer
just joined

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi Guys

Is there a way to speed up winbox, its very sluggish when applying settings or reading firewall rules. It also crashes if the info takes to long to load. It cant be the connection as it does it on all router even it connected directly.

Thanks

marcodefreitas
just joined

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 am

I have some problems using Winbox 3.0rc6 with MikroTik 5.26. The MPLS, IPv6 and Routing menus don't show:
3.0beta2.png
3.0rc6.png

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:09 am

I have some problems using Winbox 3.0rc6 with MikroTik 5.26. The MPLS, IPv6 and Routing menus don't show:
Bug has been reported several times -- seems to be tied to router not running ROS v6. Saw it myself today for the first time on newly purchased unit shipped with 5.24 -- wanted to access system routerboard menu to reboot to netinstall, and had to use terminal window to change setting.

avantwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Winbox 3 RC Dangerous....

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:58 am

Winbox DANGEROUS... Today I was working on a customer and, while the interface page was open tapped the d key. That disabled the highlighted interface. ONE key stroke, no Alt, no Ctl, no other input. In this case it was the wireless interface on a customer CPE and now it is down. I see this a such a fundamental flaw in UI that it is laughable. THIS is Unacceptable.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox 3 RC Dangerous....

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:06 am

ONE key stroke, no Alt, no Ctl, no other input.
The "naked key" UI issue (which I believe exists in the production Winbox as well) was fixed (removed) for the Winbox address window in beta 3, but now it sounds like it also exists in other contexts. I was entirely unaware that naked key commands existed in the router window itself. That might explain a number of similar mysterious wireless disablings I have experienced myself (without realizing I may have brushed the keyboard).

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:48 am

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:05 pm

What happened to RC7? Did I miss something?

Also is there any changelog available for RC8?

rtlx
just joined

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Digital Signature

Dear Mikrotik, please sing new Winbox with digital signature, so we can be sure that executable comes from you. It is called Microsoft Authenticode.

Make sure that it is mature signature, not old MD5/SHA1 based. SHA-256 is today's standard for certificates. It is not expensive, especially shouldn't be expensive for you.

You can also do it like Microsoft did: SHA-1 for compatibility with older systems and SHA-256 for newer:

Think also about PGP signature for software relases (download page) - this can be done without any expenses!
Also use mature RSA key length, at least 2048 bits, but 4096 bits would be better (it also doesn't cost you a penny!) and use at least SHA-256.

And the last thing, please attach SHA-256 cheksums for downloads. MD5 is really obsolete for today. Every Linux distribution (and even new Windows, via PowerShell) allows users to calculate such hashes.

Thank you very much for understanding this very important issue.

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:18 pm

With the new rc6, keys like E and D do not work, has this been changed ?

Thanks,

23q
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:37 pm

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:23 am

With the new rc6, keys like E and D do not work, has this been changed ?

Thanks,
yes, there were bug reports here to disable these keys, since it was too easy to disable and remove interfaces and rules. we will think of a compromise, maybe introduce new shortcuts, like alt+shift+e or something, so that everybody is happy :)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:51 am

Good idea. Hope ctrl + c (x, v) will operate normally everywhere within winbox even in telnet window opened from winbox.

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:28 am

I hope it works over RDP ! as the standard D, E were way good and am very much used to them now !

may be introduce something with can change these, depends on what a person likes, ctrl / or direct.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:40 pm

New Winbox beta version has been uploaded to download site:

*) added RoMON support;
*) show default values in CAPSMAN settings;
*) fixed crash when reopening ping or profile window;
*) added advanced mode.

zikachu

Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Winbox Rc9 not working here! (windows7 ultimate)
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          20.04.2015 2:08:09 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Computer
Description:
Faulting application name: winbox.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x552d12d0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce753
Faulting process id: 0x3cc4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d07b5a43d51c66
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\winbox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 86a2f609-e74d-11e4-a406-6036dd160ebc
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-04-20T11:08:09.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5358867</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Computer</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>winbox.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>552d12d0</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.18247</Data>
    <Data>521ea8e7</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>000ce753</Data>
    <Data>3cc4</Data>
    <Data>01d07b5a43d51c66</Data>
    <Data>C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\winbox.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>86a2f609-e74d-11e4-a406-6036dd160ebc</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Please try to delete Winbox files.

You can do it by deleting folder: c:/users/xxxx/Application data/Mikrotik

After you delete these files, please try to reconnect.

Remember that if you will delete these files, then sessions and saved addresses also will be deleted. If you need to save them, then export address list to the file and save it into safe place. Also copy out sessions which you will need to use. After you have deleted files and reconnected to router import address list back and put needed sessions back into their folder.

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

I have the same problem too. But I don't see error it just closes after trying to connect.
I have tried deleting settngs but that doesn't help. Actually mine are here : C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik.
Also see attached image how it always starts. The size is always that small, it does not remember size when closed even though it remembers being maximised.
winbox-rc9.jpg
P.S. Even though I don't see the error here is what I have in logs :

Faulting application name: winbox.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x552d12d0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18798, time stamp: 0x5507b3e0
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000cea0b
Faulting process id: 0x2a20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d07b613a095c40
Faulting application path: D:\Files\winbox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 7efb2f5a-e754-11e4-a133-005056c00008

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:07 pm

CyberTod - Which version of RouterOS is installed on your router? As for size issue - we will fix it in next rc version.

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:31 pm

I have tried on routerboards with v6.28

kikikaka
just joined

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:02 pm

winbox 3.0rc9 crash in win7 ultimate x64 after clicking "connect"

Łukasz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:48 pm

I have the same problem - Win7 Home Premium.

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:54 pm

all my names and groups are lost on the update, how can i get tthem back ? that was a hard work lost !

can we download the rc6 or earlier then 9. i think even 5 was ok.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:57 pm

*) added RoMON support;
What is "RoMON"

Łukasz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:25 am

*) added RoMON support;
What is "RoMON"
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RoMON

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:04 am

What is "RoMON"
Hopefully, someone will describe it in greater detail at the Miami-MUM this week. 8)

Hotz1

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 am

*) added RoMON support;
What is "RoMON"
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RoMON
As usual, the manual offers a thorough description of how the controls work--but not a lot of insight into what the feature does or how it might be useful. :?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:23 am

CyberTod, zikachu, kikikaka and Łukasz - Is it possible that winbox has some kind of compatibility configuration enabled or something like that? I have tested at my workplace and at home. All the time Winbox works and connects when used in Windows 7 64 bit.

RoMON stands for "Router Management Overlay Network". This option allows for you to connect to routers after multiple hops in your routed network.

For example, if you have computer 192.168.88.1 and router with address 192.168.88.254 then you always were able to establish direct Winbox connection. Now if you configure RoMON and your router has neighbour which is reachable through address in another subnet, for example 172.16.1.0/24, then now you will be able to connect to this router directly from your computer. All routers in path have to have RoMON enabled and use same secret.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm having similar problem to above running under WINE on Ubuntu Linux - window opens small, the 'Autosave', 'Group', 'note' and other fields are missing, and it only shows some columns in the connect database - can re-add them but it doesnt remember them. Sticking to older rc for now as rc9 feels unusable

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:24 pm

joegoldman - Go under Tools menu in Winbox loader and switch to Advanced mode. Then all options will be available.

skillful
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:32 pm

A work around for those experiencing winbox3.0RC9 crash. Check mark "Open in New Window" before click on connect.

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:36 pm

A work around for those experiencing winbox3.0RC9 crash. Check mark "Open in New Window" before click on connect.
Thank you. That workaround works. Actually I remember a similar problem with some previous version, but don't remember was it needed to be checked or not.

On the bright side I notice that the initial connect to the router is much faster. Am I the only one with this problem ? :)

P.S. Another problem - if used from Dude it does not load session settings. If used separately it works fine.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:12 pm

I noticed that on screen shot, which was posted earlier, connection to router is started from Managed tab. We have tried to reproduce this Winbox crash here locally and no luck. Please someone who can not establish connection to router describe what is saved for this specific router in address list (Group, Note, "Keep password", "Secure mode", etc.).

Łukasz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 pm

For me it works to. Thank You.

@strods
No I don't use any comaptible configuration. I downloaded like a new file, saved as winbox_3.0rc9.exe. I did not use "Check for updates" option in winbox menu.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:08 pm

This new version rc9 is very unstable. Worse than rc6 I tried up to now... Up to an extend I don't even use it anymore... back to old winbox loader (and miss the very useful improvement that ARE made...) :(

Many times when I want to open a router by its IP it just flash opens to close immediately. Sometimes I have to try several times. Old winbox loader opens without any problems. And if I enable "open winbox in new window" checkbox on a full desktop after a while I have many of these open. Also when you have many sessions running but due some failure connectivity is lost to all they all open a new winbox loader window after reconnecting the closed sessions. I end up with many open winbox loaders on my desktop. Have now to close the ones not in use.

Many times when I click on a setting inside an open winbox session it makes the hole winbox session to close. Open the session again and it works. But this happen so often that is really becomes an irritation.
We have it on several types of routers, on different PC's (all Win8).

One other issue still not solved; When a router disconnects for whatever reason, after a while the 'dead' winbox session also closes. Very inconvenient. Many times when trouble shooting you need to see what the settings in a router were...

Example: When running a wireless scan in a remote (wireless connected) router you can run the scan by running it in the terminal window of the winbox session of that router.
Sometimes links to remote router are very unstable and thus connect regularly or only a 2 or 3 sec scan will make the session survive.
But as long as I can see the result in the terminal I at least can see what the result is.
Now, many times the router closes the session after a second and I loose all the info. It hardly give me enough time to read the outcome. In the old winbox loader this doesn't happen. First is doesn't loose the connection that easy, and when it does at least the window stays open. Move the "winbox session is closed" notification and you can still read all the data.

Now I developed a routine of immediately creating a screendump before the window is lost again. At least I can still read it. And at the end of a day of hard work I have to clean my dropbox screendump archive since its full of screen dumps made that day!
Sorry, but I really can't see the improvement in this...... :(

Another, minor but irritating issue; When you have several winbox sessions open and you are in the process in opening a new one (typing a new IP for instance in the loader) while at that same moment one of the open session is closed, it 'steals' the active window and suddenly you are typing in another loader session than you think you are. But since this is a closed session waiting to be opened again it won't respond you what you typed and you are all getting messed up.
Very irritating behaviour.

This winbox 'tool' is supposed to be a tool to use in troubleshooting networks. Now it seems I am more engaged in troubleshooting the tool itself. ........

kikikaka
just joined

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:39 pm

tried removing cached files, re-download winbox.exe ...etc... still crash

But the trick "Open in new windows" works.

I remember the 3.0rc2 also crash similarly. It is fixed in rc3 ( or which version... .. i cant remember clearly..)

crash info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: winbox.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 552d12d0
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f821
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce753
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f821
Additional Information 2: f821734351f2347e1d6446ab1ffd59a2
Additional Information 3: de5b
Additional Information 4: de5ba675ba9b2c213f8e3b947096a688

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Debian 7.8
Wine-1.4.1

In RC9 does not remember selected show columns, window size. :/
does not help remove the user/Mikrotik

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:04 am

joegoldman - Go under Tools menu in Winbox loader and switch to Advanced mode. Then all options will be available.
Beautiful, didn't know that option was there with it turned off by default, that has brought back what I needed though.

It now remembers my window size and columns perfectly.

Thanks

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:42 am

joegoldman, noyo - Simple mode uses only few columns so they are hidden/shown by default. If you use Advanced mode, then you can manage columns as you like.

ddt
just joined

Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:52 pm

The advanced mode definitely threw me off too, until I found it under the menus.

Also, it would be nice if the RoMON agent fields were toggle-able-- like "show Romon fields?" in the menu or something. I don't know if I will ever use RoMON so it would be nice to hide it.

Using v3.0rc9 on Win7 x64, I also want to confirm that I can't get Winbox to connect to anything unless I check "open in new window." Unless that is checked, upon clicking connect it just closes Winbox. I deleted all of my preferences under my Roaming folder of AppData, so this isn't an issue of it trying to use old preference files or such.

Something else I've noticed with version 3, going back to rc3 (and maybe before): if I am running a traceroute or ping test through the terminal, this is how it should look:
 SEQ HOST                                     SIZE TTL TIME  STATUS                                   
  180 130.211.143.185                            56  43 50ms 
  181 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  182 130.211.143.185                            56  43 51ms 
  183 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  184 130.211.143.185                            56  43 49ms 
  185 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  186 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  187 130.211.143.185                            56  43 49ms 
  188 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  189 130.211.143.185                            56  43 49ms 
  190 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  191 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  192 130.211.143.185                            56  43 49ms 
  193 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  194 130.211.143.185                            56  43 95ms 
  195 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  196 130.211.143.185                            56  43 48ms 
  197 130.211.143.185                            56  43 92ms 
  198 130.211.143.185                            56  43 86ms 
  199 130.211.143.185                            56  43 86ms 
    sent=200 received=200 packet-loss=0% min-rtt=47ms avg-rtt=49ms max-rtt=95ms 
But if I minimize Winbox, and then go back to the window, this is how it looks:

56  4
3 86ms

56  4
3 86ms

56  4
3 86ms

279 130.211.143.185                            56  43 83ms 
This is very annoying to me as I run a lot of traceroute/ping tests for a long time to troubleshoot connections, and coming back to the window like that is not a game-stopping thing, but it is pretty annoying.

Elfos
just joined

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Keyboard shortcuts are not working in RC9.
For example, the key "and" to enable, "d" to disable any rule does not work.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:36 am

The advanced mode definitely threw me off too, until I found it under the menus.

Also, it would be nice if the RoMON agent fields were toggle-able-- like "show Romon fields?" in the menu or something. I don't know if I will ever use RoMON so it would be nice to hide it.
Same for me. New features are nice but even nicer if we could easily hide it if we don't want it.

nje431
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:26 pm

joegoldman, noyo - Simple mode uses only few columns so they are hidden/shown by default. If you use Advanced mode, then you can manage columns as you like.
Advanced mode offers more clutter than I need. Simple mode would be what I would use if it would open with the Notes column visible ( that's where our 65 routers friendly names are kept), and it fully remembered the window size. By the way, even Advanced mode won't re-open to full window height. It's more like 75% (Win 7).

Cheers

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:51 pm

When router is rebooted and Winbox 3rc9 offers reconnect, it does not work. Looks like logging is performed but no screen is opened.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:18 pm

When router is rebooted and Winbox 3rc9 offers reconnect, it does not work. Looks like logging is performed but no screen is opened.
I have the same problem

zikachu

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:42 pm

after all trying trying trying... im gettin upset and getting tired.... i have to use my energy to solve the network problems but this stupid winbox take all that energy from me...

if you want advise, use old one and not get angry and no suprises. after soon i hope the mikrotik find the right coders for this small winbox program...

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:27 pm

There is no option when you use smips.

BoingoNOC
just joined

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Looks like the new Winbox is not showing those menu items on the older versions of the RouterOS. Anyway to make these backwards compatible? I am seeing the options or our devices that have 6.0 and above.

Jivo

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Dear all,

I can't tell if nobody cares, or nobody have noticed (which I don't believe) that Winbox3 RC does not seem to work properly with ROS 5.26.

Maybe I am the only one experiencig this because I am doing something wrong?

boen_robot
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:09 pm

I'm thinking most people are in the "I don't really care" camp. I for one have all my routers with 6.x versions. And if I get a new one that happens to have 5.x, I could always upgrade it via WebFig or FTP or SSH.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:49 am

There is an error on logon addresses window. When sorting by address is used, it moves the addresses with explicitly written port to the end, so they are not sorted according the address number.

Correction should be made to next RC.
Last edited by jarda on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:57 am

Request for change:

If using the small down arrow in the table header to change the displayed columns, everytime when the column item is selected or deselected, the whole menu disappears and it is necessary to click trhu the whole menu path again if someone wants to make more changes. It is really annoying.

Please, make the column marking menu visible and acceptable to set all marks to the columns that should/should not be visible at once and let it be hidden only when user clicks out of the "show columns" menu.

Thank you.

jkttim
just joined

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi guys!
You can Tinker with the tray icon? Left icon new RC starting at 6, right Winbox version 3.0rc5
Thank you.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:03 am

Hi guys!
You can Tinker with the tray icon? Left icon new RC starting at 6, right Winbox version 3.0rc5
Thank you.
right click it, and either "pin" or "unpin" from taskbar. see the difference

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Please everyone who is having trouble with missing menus on Winbox try to delete Winbox files.

Remember that if you will delete these files, then sessions and saved addresses also will be deleted. If you need to save them, then export address list to the file and save it into safe place. Also copy out sessions which you will need to use. After you have deleted files and reconnected to router import address list back and put needed sessions back into their folder.

jkttim
just joined

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi guys!
Thank you.
right click it, and either "pin" or "unpin" from taskbar. see the difference
Hi!
Thank you :) helped, but still would like by default :)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:10 am

Please everyone who is having trouble with missing menus on Winbox try to delete Winbox files.

Not necessary to delete whole folder and to loose the address list. It is enough to delete only the version folder that corresponds to the ros version on the device where problem is observed.

The path written by strods is not correct in some cases. See my experience here:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 50#p478938

zichovsky
just joined

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Tried this many time with every rc version of WB3, but still missing "wireless" menu (and maybe others, but wireless is most important for us) when connecting to any device with ROS 5.x

It is bug introduced in "rc" version, with "beta" version it worked OK.

So now I have to use Winbox2 for 5.x devices and Winbox3 for 6.x devices :(

agrisvv
just joined

Re: Winbox 3 RC - feature

Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi! clear winbox password or all fields after login or protect with master pasword.
1. open winbox.
2. input Master passwod
3. get your host,password and login to router.
4. close winbox.
5. open winbox (inccorect - host and password are saved and you can connect). correct- all info clear and it you can get via master password.

I think something like WinSCP with Master password when you want to login..

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 03, 2015 6:22 am

same here,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: winbox.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 552d12d0
Fault Module Name: StackHash_bca8
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1072
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce753
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bca8
Additional Information 2: bca8637902933902a49b2f5a8ca2ab42
Additional Information 3: 0c34
Additional Information 4: 0c3434e3fde815f0c5c32e3baf7bf81c

Ham
just joined

Sun May 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Error in v3 RC9 - incorrectly reporting vrrp state.

hkusulja
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun May 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi,
what about keyboard shortcuts in latest winbox 3.0 for enable (E) and disable (D) on list itmes (interfaces, firewall rules etc.). It seems that this does not work anymore.

ddt
just joined

Sun May 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi,
what about keyboard shortcuts in latest winbox 3.0 for enable (E) and disable (D) on list itmes (interfaces, firewall rules etc.). It seems that this does not work anymore.
I believe a lot of people have been commenting on this, and that I think they disabled these short cuts because a lot of users were accidentally hitting D when they didn't mean to.

The cost of accidental key presses outweighs the ease of a simple one-key shortcut most likely.

hkusulja
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun May 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi,
I believe a lot of people have been commenting on this, and that I think they disabled these short cuts because a lot of users were accidentally hitting D when they didn't mean to.

The cost of accidental key presses outweighs the ease of a simple one-key shortcut most likely.
Ok, I understand, however where is notice / announcement / release notes about this ?
I believe some shortcuts still can work like "DEL" to delete the item.
Also, winbox could have its own settings (like it has now) and simple checkbox "enable keyboard shortcuts", i believe this is not so hard to implement.

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Ok, I understand, however where is notice / announcement / release notes about this ?
I believe some shortcuts still can work like "DEL" to delete the item.
Also, winbox could have its own settings (like it has now) and simple checkbox "enable keyboard shortcuts", i believe this is not so hard to implement.
I think that is the best way to handle this. Shortcuts were disabled because some people complained how easy it is to delete an item, but some people use these shortcuts and rely on them. Just make it an option.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 05, 2015 4:01 am

1)
Old DOS shortcuts aren't work, like
SHIFT+INSERT = CTRL+V
CTRL+INSERT = CTRL+C
SHIFT+DELETE = CTRL + X

2)
R.E.D. shotcuts are not active now, please gray it or disable/remove from RMB
e.g. firewall:

3)
A. DEL. C. - Add, Delete, Comment - please not disable it - there are good positive :).

4)
Why This list isn't a scrolled - it's be a that simple.
Why I cannot Select, select and do next select like on/off on sill open one list. Open this and select by one entry is very.. "not optimal" :) Maybe still pressed CTRL should give me switch on/off?

5)
general filters. Good idea be a safe a few common filters as my favorite like "SIPTrunk connection", "FTP". Now I must create this filters again and again, sometimes I must use 7entry in one filter :(. Simple idea for "HTTPS@LAN":

6)
Maybe it's time to create a way to change a RENAME all entry in AdressList. It's always problematic when I must use few scripts to rename names and rename it again into firewall rules. It's be perfect features.

7)
Connection by MAC address is not stable like via IP. Display address with %? Please change into ":".
Last edited by SiB on Tue May 05, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

who48
just joined

Tue May 05, 2015 11:11 am

help me please

DaveBrowning
just joined

Tue May 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi There,

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug:
When I create a new device in my CDB file and I apply it to a group, the group part of the config doesnt seem to apply. It also seems that if I try to change the group of an existing device it simply blanks out the group field.

Things I have tried to resolve:
- Cleared my %appdata%\Mikrotik folder
- Tried multiple PCs (same CDB file)
- Tried a with a fresh CDB file

I am using Winbox v3.0rc9
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Dave

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug:
When I create a new device in my CDB file and I apply it to a group, the group part of the config doesnt seem to apply. It also seems that if I try to change the group of an existing device it simply blanks out the group field.
In my opinion works OK. e.g. creation and change name of group1 to group2:

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 05, 2015 5:29 pm

1)
Old DOS shortcuts aren't work, like
SHIFT+INSERT = CTRL+V
CTRL+INSERT = CTRL+C
SHIFT+DELETE = CTRL + X
I already mentioned it, but no luck so far. Those other shortcuts are not "old DOS shortcuts" in the obsolete way how it could sound. Those shortcuts are as standard as the more known Ctrl+V/C/X. They worked in every single program I've ever used, even in older WinBox (up to RouterOS 3.x or 4.x) and current WinBox is the only exception. And as could be expected, it's very annoying. The problem is that MikroTik stopped using standard system edit controls, instead created their own and only added support for Ctrl+V/C/X. So once again, please, please, please fix it!

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 05, 2015 8:02 pm

3)
A. DEL. C. - Add, Delete, Comment - please not disable it - there are good positive :).

4)
Why This list isn't a scrolled - it's be a that simple.
Why I cannot Select, select and do next select like on/off on sill open one list. Open this and select by one entry is very.. "not optimal" :) Maybe still pressed CTRL should give me switch on/off?

5)
general filters. Good idea be a safe a few common filters as my favorite like "SIPTrunk connection", "FTP". Now I must create this filters again and again, sometimes I must use 7entry in one filter :(. Simple idea for "HTTPS@LAN":

6)
Maybe it's time to create a way to change a RENAME all entry in AdressList. It's always problematic when I must use few scripts to rename names and rename it again into firewall rules. It's be perfect features.

7)
Connection by MAC address is not stable like via IP. Display address with %? Please change into ":".
I fully underwrite these points. Special 4 is a long time irritation on the use of winbox. Almost everytime when opening a session I need to open, select, open again, select again etc etc. to get the columns I want. I rarely want the default ones...

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed May 06, 2015 6:09 pm

It seems that rc9 doesn't save the address list's settings. Comes up w/ address and user, but I have to add the notes field every time I open it. This is really frustrating.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 06, 2015 10:00 pm

I found a bad TAB "way/road/direction".

Of course work a BACK way by "SHIFT TAB" - OK
Why TAB not stay on "Managed/Neighbors" tab? I found this can be change by "CTRL + TAB".

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 08, 2015 5:09 pm

When I open WinBox v3 then..
"CTRL + F = Find" is not work. I cannot start WinBox and search a proper MTK to open connection.

Workaround:
1) I must click on bottom section of window, address list and CTRL+F is work.
2) Or without mouse: 2x "SHIFT+TAB".

My opinion: CTRL+F should work from any place where a cursor is blinking/located.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 08, 2015 10:54 pm

We should have this option in v3 too!. I just have problems with reconnection, break a connection etc. and only clear MikroTik folder was help me.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 14, 2015 10:16 am

We have finally managed to reproduce Winbox crash when "Connect" button is pressed.

We will fix it in next release.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 14, 2015 11:06 pm

In my opinion WinBOX v3 is not stable when I connect to v5.26. I must use a WinBox v2 who is stable and works perfect.

First is open a "Error" and after 20sec I see "Could not connect". After pressing any OK button a winbox is closed and I have not any winbox v3 with reconnection...

mtandrew
just joined

Fri May 15, 2015 7:00 pm

Winbox RC1 is available. There are lots of changes since beta 3*

Overall highlights of Winbox 3:
Two extremely needed features that would make winbox more productive and convenient:

1. "taskbar" for windows inside winbox. Now bigger windows cover smaller all the time. All admins I talk to are pissed of because of this.

2. searchable, groupable and selectable logs window for gods sake!!! Now we have option to select storage only (all,disk,memory). We need ability to select facility (say I am looking for ipsec logs, or system, or firewall) that contains particular word in it AND within some time frame. Then we need to be able to select lines for copy'ing.

PLEASE, Mikrotik!

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri May 15, 2015 7:27 pm

When 'Open in new window' is selected a new session is opened instanly, no delay, no wait.
If it is not and the session is opened in the same window there you can see 'Logging in' for 2-3 seconds.
This is on a very fast connection to the board.
Not that it is much delay, but if it can be instant in a new window can't the same be achieved without it ?

Jivo

Sun May 17, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm thinking most people are in the "I don't really care" camp. I for one have all my routers with 6.x versions. And if I get a new one that happens to have 5.x, I could always upgrade it via WebFig or FTP or SSH.
I must admit that I am pretty much surprised with that approach. It might work fine for someone who jumped to Mikrotik train yesteday, or for someone playing at home with few devices, but if you have installed basis of hundreds of devices in full production, with no reason whatsoever to touch a running system which works fine - it's another story.

If you add problems with Winbox 3, which I simply can't afford, disgracefull bugs appearing in RouterOS 6.x from one update to another ....

If I had not purchased a bunch of hAP's, I would not even consider Winbox 3, and will sure try to avoid it in the near future. I'm still convinced that MiktoTik did not intentionaly made it not to work with RouterOS 5.x or lower.

boen_robot
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 17, 2015 4:30 pm

I'm still convinced that MiktoTik did not intentionaly made it not to work with RouterOS 5.x or lower.
Sure, I agree. But the question was if anyone noticed, or if they did and didn't cared to report it.

I didn't noticed it, as I'm not affected... But you're right, I only have a few MikroTik devices in total, which I upgrade semi-regularly (read: any time there's a change in something that I do use in the setup), leaving all of my devices with different 6.x, and zero 5.x ones.

For people with hundreds of devices, there's also mechanisms for mass upgrades in place... While I understand doing those is always a great risk, there's always the possibility to first upgrade one device (that is like the others in everything - hardware, software, settings), and then if it goes well, do the mass upgrade then.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 17, 2015 7:47 pm

I dont understand why some network admin refuse to update at least to some 6.xx ros version but claim updating another tools.

Its simply logic updated tools work with updated rOS, even new units come with rOS 6.xx preinstalled, are you doing downgrade then???

I think its a total carelessness to maintain a network with outdated software.

Some can justify on network stability etc etc, but its a lack of logistic and management not be able to get some good practices to apply updates and maintain the network up to date

karlisi

Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 am

1. "taskbar" for windows inside winbox. Now bigger windows cover smaller all the time. All admins I talk to are pissed of because of this.
Or at least 'Windows' menu where we can see all open sub-windows and switch between them.

julianmaria
just joined

Mon May 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Is it me, or I have many many problems with all versions of Winbox 3 rc

I have many Microsoft Servers (Windows 2008 R2) with Remote Desktop Services. I use to administer many routers connected via Remote Desktop

Winbox 3 fails connecting routers saying it cant create files, and it doesnt remember anything I saved
It tries to create files in the same folder I execute it, b
Perhaps the reason is:

-Windows Session profile folder is "copied" to c:\Users (Until I log off) (from a Network Server)
So, me, as an Administrator, Winbox tries to open files and folders from

c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\

But What happens when the Windows Session profile folder is "used" ? (ex: C:\Users\Administrator is used by a previous hanged Session)
Hanged Remote Desktop Profile Sessions folders are very common: Some times when a User log off, some dlls (like printer ones) still remains in memory so windows isnt capable of destroying the Session profile folder completelly.
When the user logs in again: Windows Server addapts itself and create a Windows Session profile folder with Domain suffix

In my case:
For example:

c:\users\Administrator.corp (with the domain)

The problem starts there: Winboxs tries to load files and read folders from c:\users\Administrator and not from
c:\Users\Administrator.corp (the real profile folder)
So winbox cant connect any router (cause it cant download anything)

Nutcracker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 19, 2015 10:23 am

When will we be getting our hotkeys back in Winbox?
I am talking about the following:
r - remove
d - disable
e - enable

The following still work:
a - accept
c - comment

Been using Winbox for nearly 10 years now, and this frustrates me. As has been suggested in other posts, why isn't there an option to turn it on or off? This cannot be a difficult thing to fix.
I would roll back to an older version of winbox, but then I would get stuck with "corrupted gzip" and the like.

Mikrotik, please fix this.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue May 19, 2015 11:20 am

yes, i also want and option for shortcut keys. its a pitty you remove them.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 19, 2015 11:51 am

I dont understand why some network admin refuse to update at least to some 6.xx ros version but claim updating another tools.

Its simply logic updated tools work with updated rOS, even new units come with rOS 6.xx preinstalled, are you doing downgrade then???

Some can justify on network stability etc etc, but its a lack of logistic and management not be able to get some good practices to apply updates and maintain the network up to date
Well, let me explain why;

1. New purchased routerboards NEVER come with the latest OS. I just recieved a whole bunch of new SXT's and they are all v.5.22. I have never seen units coming with an version OS closer than 2 or 3 away from the last. And by the rate new version are been issued its impossible for sales channels to get their stocks updated.
But of course you can update them when you receive the units. Standard procedure.

2. Immediately updating your production units to the latest OS even if the units run fine on an older OS is not always a good practise. Very often new OS comes with new bugs and issues and that might just bring your network down while with the older OS was doing fine. This forum is full of stories about people upgrading only to find disaster on there path.

I try to keep my network to the latest OS but only after a new OS is tested on new units, than on local units, then on some remote and then, if it all still went well, we implement them on the rest of the network. Because yes, in the end new OS should bring new performances. (And not seldom just the plainly needed reboot revives a unit that was working poorly.)

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 19, 2015 10:18 pm

Well, let me explain why;

1. New purchased routerboards NEVER come with the latest OS. I just recieved a whole bunch of new SXT's and they are all v.5.22. I have never seen units coming with an version OS closer than 2 or 3 away from the last. And by the rate new version are been issued its impossible for sales channels to get their stocks updated.
But of course you can update them when you receive the units. Standard procedure.

2. Immediately updating your production units to the latest OS even if the units run fine on an older OS is not always a good practise. Very often new OS comes with new bugs and issues and that might just bring your network down while with the older OS was doing fine. This forum is full of stories about people upgrading only to find disaster on there path.

I try to keep my network to the latest OS but only after a new OS is tested on new units, than on local units, then on some remote and then, if it all still went well, we implement them on the rest of the network. Because yes, in the end new OS should bring new performances. (And not seldom just the plainly needed reboot revives a unit that was working poorly.)
ok then take 20 versions to properly test reliability of your actual configurations and putting it on production??

my most outdated implementation has 6.19 (upgrading to 6.28 this week), updating software its not a free duty it requires planning testing and proper rolling back planning, but is not impossible.

If the implementation of a network dont take account of maintenance tasks like updating software and maintaining hardware its a incomplete implementation.

In that kind of incomplete implementations maintenance tasks are seen as a issue and a problem because somebody forget to take it in account.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 am

If you click on Tool / Email, it shows you all the predefined server, port, user, and password values. But when you then click on "Send Email," you get a pane in which none of those are filled in, so you have to type them all by hand. There's really no reason not to fill in the defaults from the Email pane.

This is not a new bug in Winbox 3, but it would be nice if it could be fixed while Winbox 3 was open. Thanks.

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi,
I decided to post my list of bugs/problems related to Winbox 3.0rc9 which bother us:

Crashes
  • when I start winbox and try to connect to a station sometimes winbox windows silently disappears without warning or error message (Winbox probably crashes). Usually the second attempt to connect is OK
  • when connected to a radio with old ROS (4.x, 5.x) the Winbox 3 rc9 crashes every time (sooner or later). It is near unusable for radios with old ROS
  • by clicking some function (menu item) the winbox sometimes crashes („New terminal“ last time). I think you should/could include an exception report dialog box to collect (automatically from internal exception handling) more informations about these problems
UI discomforts/errors
  • CR (Enter) not working properly in initial dialog
    Start Winbox, type IP pres <CR> - nothing happen. It should connect (much faster than using mouse to activate the Connect button). Funny thing is that when connection attempt is cancelled using „Cancel“ button and IP edit box is focused the <CR> starts a new connection attempt
  • Non-persistent winbox window
    when Winbox loses connection to remote radio it's window disapears silently. Often I have some information in the window I would like to see (just created spectral scans, information from the box I can (re)use - and they can be totally lost because it could happen I can never see them again - lost connection to the radio when something odd happens)
  • Blocking file copy
    when a file (new ROS) is being copied to the station using Winbox I cannot access anything on the remote radio. Winbox 2.x allowed this. So I could see some thing I forgot to check before the file transfer was started. I even could inspect cached values when connection was lost and the 'termination confirmation' dialog was shown.
  • MAC ping reusing the same window
    Older Winbox allowed to use multiple MAC Ping windows from an AP
  • Remembered password problem/confusion
    Winbox 3 doesn't remember the correct password. I use 'Keep password' but often I have to retype the password even if I connect to a radio which has the same password as the one I connected before it. Maybe I didn't understand the sessions or maybe it is not working. The winbox offers often bad (not the last used one) password. Note: We heavily use Winbox started from browser via helper utility which is associated with browser. This way is working (the helper utility sends username and password via command line to winbox). But when winbox is invoked manually it often uses unknown passwords (not the last one used when winbox was started manually last time). Winbox 2.2.18 had no such problem.
  • Icons
    allow to disable left menu icons. They are disturbing, non-informative/confusing and space vasting.
  • Communication is not send through proper interface
    when you have multiple NICs (even virtual ones) Winbox tends to send the discovery packets (and the communication packets too) through only one interface (often the improper one). I have 2 nics in the PC and some Virtual box related virtual NICs and using the Winbox in this situation is a pain. Even o notebook I have to disable Wifi interface to be able to connect to or discover MT device on ethernet.
    Send the discovery to all interfaces and the communication to proper ones or allow us to select the interface.
  • Ethernet Status tab
    This is the one of the most important tabs for ethernet and Winbox3 moved it from the 3rd position in the Interface dialog window to 6th. It looks like it is not problem of Winbox itself but higher ROS versions. If you are not able to create the proper order on the first time then let it be and do not change it in future (when users are used to the order).
  • Monitor too small to use winbox
    some config dialogs in some situations are not usable - Ingress vlan translation on 24port CRS for example. There is noway to use Winbox dialog to manage VLANs in this case even on 1920x1200 resolution.
    The solution here could be ranges of interfaces (ether2-ether20 for example). Ranges of interface would simplify CLI settings/reading too.
  • ERROR: could not create file
    when connecting to a radio this error appears (rarely). And it is not possible to connect to the radio. Even subsequent attempts fails with the same problem. Give us more information instead of general error message.
  • Terminal window problem
    editing commands which don't fit one line tends to cause problems with displaing the line properly.
Wishes
  • Get rid of the DLLs downloaded from target box
    replace them by definition files. After it you can create Linux version of Winbox more easily.
  • BW test predefined parameters
    IP/test type/tcp connection count/admin/password. It would speed up general connection testing.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi,
I decided to post my list of bugs/problems related to Winbox 3.0rc9 which bother us:

Crashes
  • when I start winbox and try to connect to a station sometimes winbox windows silently disappears without warning or error message (Winbox probably crashes). Usually the second attempt to connect is OK
I can confirm this.
[*]when connected to a radio with old ROS (4.x, 5.x) the Winbox 3 rc9 crashes every time (sooner or later). It is near unusable for radios with old ROS
Or connected by mac while unit on the desk and in an old version. Meaning new purchased units connect to for 1st time config always disconnect first time. Work around is to inmediately set ip dhcp-cl and use the obtained IP for further login. Otherwise unit keeps quiting....
[*]by clicking some function (menu item) the winbox sometimes crashes („New terminal“ last time). I think you should/could include an exception report dialog box to collect (automatically from internal exception handling) more informations about these problems[/list]
I can confirm this.
Units also disconnect regularly while filetransfer is running. In both mac and ip mode!

UI discomforts/errors
  • CR (Enter) not working properly in initial dialog
    Start Winbox, type IP pres <CR> - nothing happen. It should connect (much faster than using mouse to activate the Connect button). Funny thing is that when connection attempt is cancelled using „Cancel“ button and IP edit box is focused the <CR> starts a new connection attempt
  • Non-persistent winbox window
    when Winbox loses connection to remote radio it's window disapears silently. Often I have some information in the window I would like to see (just created spectral scans, information from the box I can (re)use - and they can be totally lost because it could happen I can never see them again - lost connection to the radio when something odd happens)
Complained about this some version ago. Very, VERY, inconveniant. Because indeed at times the 'old' window contains still readable info. Now it just got lost.....
[*]Blocking file copy
when a file (new ROS) is being copied to the station using Winbox I cannot access anything on the remote radio. Winbox 2.x allowed this. So I could see some thing I forgot to check before the file transfer was started. I even could inspect cached values when connection was lost and the 'termination confirmation' dialog was shown.
Confrimed. And annoying. Now you have to wait untill upload is finished. In the meantime cannot do anything in winbox session. Not even move the windows because in the meantime I want to read some info.. very inconveniant
[*]MAC ping reusing the same window
Older Winbox allowed to use multiple MAC Ping windows from an AP
[*]Remembered password problem/confusion
Winbox 3 doesn't remember the correct password. I use 'Keep password' but often I have to retype the password even if I connect to a radio which has the same password as the one I connected before it. Maybe I didn't understand the sessions or maybe it is not working. The winbox offers often bad (not the last used one) password. Note: We heavily use Winbox started from browser via helper utility which is associated with browser. This way is working (the helper utility sends username and password via command line to winbox). But when winbox is invoked manually it often uses unknown passwords (not the last one used when winbox was started manually last time). Winbox 2.2.18 had no such problem.
[*]Icons
allow to disable left menu icons. They are disturbing, non-informative/confusing and space vasting.
+1
[*]Communication is not send through proper interface
when you have multiple NICs (even virtual ones) Winbox tends to send the discovery packets (and the communication packets too) through only one interface (often the improper one). I have 2 nics in the PC and some Virtual box related virtual NICs and using the Winbox in this situation is a pain. Even o notebook I have to disable Wifi interface to be able to connect to or discover MT device on ethernet.
Send the discovery to all interfaces and the communication to proper ones or allow us to select the interface.
[*]Ethernet Status tab
This is the one of the most important tabs for ethernet and Winbox3 moved it from the 3rd position in the Interface dialog window to 6th. It looks like it is not problem of Winbox itself but higher ROS versions. If you are not able to create the proper order on the first time then let it be and do not change it in future (when users are used to the order).
Fully support this opinion!
[*]Monitor too small to use winbox
some config dialogs in some situations are not usable - Ingress vlan translation on 24port CRS for example. There is noway to use Winbox dialog to manage VLANs in this case even on 1920x1200 resolution.
The solution here could be ranges of interfaces (ether2-ether20 for example). Ranges of interface would simplify CLI settings/reading too.
[*]ERROR: could not create file
when connecting to a radio this error appears (rarely). And it is not possible to connect to the radio. Even subsequent attempts fails with the same problem. Give us more information instead of general error message.
[*]Terminal window problem
editing commands which don't fit one line tends to cause problems with displaing the line properly.[/list]
Indeed

Wishes
  • Get rid of the DLLs downloaded from target box
    replace them by definition files. After it you can create Linux version of Winbox more easily.
  • BW test predefined parameters
    IP/test type/tcp connection count/admin/password. It would speed up general connection testing.
Allthough the new winbox has some improvements compared to the old versions these are hardly enough to choose it over the old vesion due all the new imperfections introduced compared with lots of 'old' irritations still not been touched.
When a new winbox version is to be made it should do much better and the developments should also go faster. Its now already going for months, longer than most of the software upgrades take to see the light! :?

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 21, 2015 6:04 pm

dada++
WirelessRudy++

At the moment, even with all the new features and improvements to Winbox 3, it's pretty much useless in production environments.

For home use, where most users will login once every year to their router might be ok.

But for professionals managing tens of Mikrotik installations everyday all the new features are not enough to give up on the perfectly usable and stable Winbox v2.

A true upgrade to v3 would be to keep the workflow intact while introducing new features (and NOT bugs).
Right now it's really annoying to use having to learn new ways to do things (fast).

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 21, 2015 11:10 pm

At the moment, even with all the new features and improvements to Winbox 3, it's pretty much useless in production environments.
Especially when MikroTik keeps advising that we have to upgrade to ROS 6.28 to solve many of the Winbox problems we are reporting. You can't just upgrade a production network like that.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 22, 2015 2:03 pm

dada +
WirelessRudy +
and more... in my opinion WinBox v3 should be BETA with many, many new release before we can speak about RC. MikroTik, why you lost a numbering like x.y.z, this was a good ideology.

Today little GUI bug:
When we move up and down the WinBox v3 list then last entry is cut. Pressing "v" correct the position but now on the top we have this a entry cut...

SCare
just joined

Tue May 26, 2015 1:07 pm

fbslim
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 27, 2015 11:34 am

Last version rc9 crashes on Windows Server 2008 R2 and some desktops on Windows 7

I saw it tries to download plugin and when crashes

And I have to use it with hAP lite... and no way... :(
Last edited by fbslim on Wed May 27, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbslim
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Can somebody tell me why appears the new line of products on smips without quality support?!

I mean my post upper.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Because it is the way how mikrotik does things.

fbslim
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Because it is the way how mikrotik does things.
ahahahaaaa!!! :D :D :D

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Winbox 3 RC

Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 am

Yeah. Funny enough. The life would be so gray without these easter eggs we are finding each day. I am just trying to handle it somehow, because even it brings those bad things, there is no better option for me.

Nollitik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 29, 2015 7:12 am

Make the log a rich text file that can be easily exported for further analysis if one needs.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri May 29, 2015 1:28 pm

rc10 fixes crash

fbslim
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri May 29, 2015 5:51 pm

rc10 fixes crash
Thank you very much :!: :!: :!:

And another bug. Now, after each connecting to any router creates tmp file in same directory where winbox.exe exists:

viw83DD.tmp
viwD151.tmp

etc...

kometchtech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 29, 2015 7:44 pm

rc10 fixes crash
Part of the upgraded from listed in the Winbox3.0rc9 was RB no longer see.
# No output list
winbox.JPG

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 29, 2015 11:04 pm

What's new in v3.0rc10:

*) remember first window size;
*) fixed crash when trying to connect to the router;
*) fixed connecting by mac addresses on Windows with multiple network cards (needs at least RouterOS v6.29 on the router as well);
*) added back keyboard shortcuts for tables (INS for add, DEL for remove and all other with Ctrl prefixes);
*) added support for Shift+Ins, Ctrl+Ins, Shift+Del shortcuts in text entry fields;
*) fixed crash when connecting to v5 routers;
*) fixed problem where group column contents were not shown;

kikikaka
just joined

Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 am

rc9 crash...
Just tested RC10, crash problem is fixed . Seems ok so far.

zervan

Sat May 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Hello! I decided to try new WinBox 3 (RC9) few days ago - I like the session feature. But I had some troubles with Safe Mode - is it working correctly? I had turned on Safe Mode, made some changes, lost connection. I reconnected back, but there was the old session in the Active Users list and I was not able to start new Safe Mode.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 30, 2015 11:23 pm

What's new in v3.0rc10:
*) fixed problem where group column contents were not shown;
It also changed the way the list is sorted by group. Previously, when I sorted by group, it would group the entries by the entire group name (e.g., Central, Central CPE, City-E, City-S, City-W, etc.). Now it groups the entries by first letter only, throwing all the Cs into the same group. I much preferred the previous behavior.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Hello! I decided to try new WinBox 3 (RC9) few days ago - I like the session feature. But I had some troubles with Safe Mode - is it working correctly? I had turned on Safe Mode, made some changes, lost connection. I reconnected back, but there was the old session in the Active Users list and I was not able to start new Safe Mode.
If you lose connection during Safe Mode, manage to reconnect before the Safe Mode times out, and ask for Safe Mode again, you will always be told that someone else owns Safe Mode. This is not new with Winbox 3. You have always had to bring up a Terminal window, request Safe Mode there, and choose whether you want the old Safe Mode changes to be rolled back or not.

zervan

Sat May 30, 2015 11:44 pm

If you lose connection during Safe Mode, manage to reconnect before the Safe Mode times out, and ask for Safe Mode again, you will always be told that someone else owns Safe Mode. This is not new with Winbox 3. You have always had to bring up a Terminal window, request Safe Mode there, and choose whether you want the old Safe Mode changes to be rolled back or not.
Thank you for information! I didn't know about this - I barely used Safe mode before...

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 am

Bug: If you choose two routers that have the same default session file, and click "Connect to all," one opens up with the proper session windows, and the other opens up to a blank gray window.

Autosave Session and Open in New Window are both checked.

This is true in at least rc9 and rc10.

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun May 31, 2015 10:47 am

And again sessions are not used when opened from within Dude.

nishadul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun May 31, 2015 12:45 pm

When I select IP > webproxy > access then winbox closed

pturkey

Sun May 31, 2015 7:29 pm

winbox 3.0rc10 is now creating a folder instead of a data file of the 1.1.1.1.viw.
I am using Linux with wine.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 31, 2015 9:21 pm

Same on Windows....no session state saving.

electrocat
just joined

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Same on Windows....no session state saving.
Small investigation for Winbox 3.0 rc10 on Windows:
- In the Session folder creates a folder "<ip>%<port>.viw" (Session="own")
- If Menu/Sessions/Autosave on Close is turned on, then when you close the program in Winbox's folder "viw<number>.tmp" file is created. After each run, there is one additional file.

bigears
just joined

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:20 am

upgraded to ROS 6.29.1 to fix the problem where some CRS could not be reached (introduced in v6.29);

This problem still happens with Winbox RC10 even after I cleared cache and tmp files. Winbox RC9 does not have this problem.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:31 am

We have reproduced this issue where .tmp files are being created. We will fix it in next release.

tomaskir
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 am

The C button no longer works for me to set comments in RC10.

Is this also happening for others?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:30 am

It was announced before somewhere, that single letter shortcuts are removed, because there was a risk of accidentaly removing, disabling, etc. We will add shift or something to these keys

hashbang
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:14 am

in rc 10 last settings are not save. I have to manually add ip address turn on the advance mode. It was fine in rc9. Running on wine. Connect to field is always empty

tomaskir
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:27 am

It was announced before somewhere, that single letter shortcuts are removed, because there was a risk of accidentaly removing, disabling, etc. We will add shift or something to these keys
Yes, I read that and I understand why that was done for remove/disable etc.

But comment was not mentioned.
Comment is a benign function, and removing the shortcut seriously impacts work-flow.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 am

Yes, I read that and I understand why that was done for remove/disable etc.

But comment was not mentioned.
Comment is a benign function, and removing the shortcut seriously impacts work-flow.
ok, we will figure something out. I guess when the programmers removed the shortcuts, they removed all, and will return all as well.

http://xkcd.com/1172/

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Winbox 3 RC

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:05 pm

Sometimes during the day i connect to romon devices nicely, other times i get the message disconnected from romon. I dont know if its a winbox issue or ros. By the way very nice feature!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:40 pm

shortcuts are already back in rc10:
Screenshot 2015-06-02 12.39.52.png

BoingoNOC
just joined

Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Thank you for the updates and bug fixes
Are there any plans to make this new version fully compatible with the older ROS versions?
Any version prior to 6.0 has missing menu options.

Yes I know they should be brought up to the current ROS, which we are doing slowly but surely.
The issue is replacing hardware among other things to consider and it would be great to be able to use 1 version of Winbox to access all of our devices.

Thanks

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Please preserve the checked boxes in "Torch" from one session to another.

-tp

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:09 am

Delete the Winbox folder if you have missing menu items. It has cached some menu layout there. Clear the foler and relaunch to fix this.

BoingoNOC
just joined

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:24 pm

Delete the Winbox folder if you have missing menu items. It has cached some menu layout there. Clear the foler and relaunch to fix this.
This does not resolve the issue, Winbox 3 is not completely compatible with ROS version below 6.0, I am not the only one having this issue.
For trouble shooting purposes I did it again and still the same issue.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:54 am

Not being able to C for comments is driving me insane! I hope this comes back soon.

Maybe just have dual-key shortcuts for dangerous commands like remove/disable/enable

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:28 am

What's new in v3.0rc11:

*) fixed session saving;
*) move cursror to password or login field when host is selected in address list or in neighbors

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:53 am

Accidenatly "Debug window" was enabled.
Simply re-download Winbox.exe from our download page. Problem gone

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:54 am

Not being able to C for comments is driving me insane! I hope this comes back soon.

Maybe just have dual-key shortcuts for dangerous commands like remove/disable/enable
Right click in the list window to see the shortcuts, they are already made

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:16 am

However, my mail was not wasted. Have added advanced mode. :D thanks, a good move

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:42 am

In rc11 still when opened from Dude sessions are not loaded. Working fine with rc6