Community discussions

MikroTik App

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Re: Winbox 3 RC

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:45 am

In rc11 still when opened from Dude sessions are not loaded. Working fine with rc6
make sure to delete the winbox files (viw and others), then try again

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:50 am

In rc11 still when opened from Dude sessions are not loaded. Working fine with rc6
make sure to delete the winbox files (viw and others), then try again
But that will delete all my remembered sessions. They load fine if I just open winbox.exe from explorer, but if I open it like a tool from dude with command : winbox.exe [Device.FirstAddress] [Device.UserName] [Device.Password] - no session is loaded.

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 am

RoMON does not work in the RC11 and ROS 6.29.1

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Yesterday rc11. Today rc12 :)

What's new in v3.0rc12:
*) added "clear cache" command to Tools menu;

bda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:10 pm

What's new in v3.0rc12:
very good!

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Ran 3.0rc12 for the first time, opened a session. Clicked 'X' to close session window and got the error message:

"Unable to create the folder 'sessions\'. The system cannot find the path specified."

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Ran 3.0rc12 for the first time, opened a session. Clicked 'X' to close session window and got the error message:

"Unable to create the folder 'sessions\'. The system cannot find the path specified."
Try the new "clear cache" button. Also, do you use Windows and a standard path?

panosla
just joined

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:51 pm

WinBox 3rc12 crashes when trying to create virtual ethernet on hap lite 6.29.1

toohid
just joined

Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Problem :
in ipsec Policy cannot be change vale of priority to 0 or 1 (use winbox )
from ver 6.27 to 6.29.1 i tested
in terminal it works fine

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:02 am

On devices with POE-out ports, any chance of getting a new "POE" pane in the window for the POE-in port to allow us to set ether1-poe-in-long-cable from Winbox?

tussockland
just joined

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:11 am

On devices with POE-out ports, any chance of getting a new "POE" pane in the window for the POE-in port to allow us to set ether1-poe-in-long-cable from Winbox?
Yeah! This is the only way I got my RB750up to stop port flapping. I had poe-out port flapping on v6.18/19 a few times a day/week, so thought it was time to update to the latest 6.29.1 , what a mistake, port flapped all night, every 10-15 mins. Much worse, and all my cables are super short. As soon as i set poe-in long cable, stopped immediately. What's more, it used to port flap every time i logged in with webfig and winbox, and i certainly could not leave them running on-screen. Now i can leave them running on-screen all day...

Oh, and here's a screen shot of an interesting session of port flapping, so you can't tell me it's not the device's fault when it's doing it on-the-hour! I've seen similar patterns before. It's software {possibly hardware?} for sure, not something else attached:

[img]
Error%20Mikrotik.png
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gnuttisch

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:32 pm

When will we be getting our hotkeys back in Winbox?
I am talking about the following:
r - remove
d - disable
e - enable

The following still work:
a - accept
c - comment

Been using Winbox for nearly 10 years now, and this frustrates me. As has been suggested in other posts, why isn't there an option to turn it on or off? This cannot be a difficult thing to fix.
I would roll back to an older version of winbox, but then I would get stuck with "corrupted gzip" and the like.

Mikrotik, please fix this.
This would be great BUT please, add an function to enable/disable this feature in winbox settings.

I got kids ans cats.... :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:46 pm

When will we be getting our hotkeys back in Winbox?
I am talking about the following:
r - remove
d - disable
e - enable

The following still work:
a - accept
c - comment

Been using Winbox for nearly 10 years now, and this frustrates me. As has been suggested in other posts, why isn't there an option to turn it on or off? This cannot be a difficult thing to fix.
I would roll back to an older version of winbox, but then I would get stuck with "corrupted gzip" and the like.

Mikrotik, please fix this.
This would be great BUT please, add an function to enable/disable this feature in winbox settings.

I got kids ans cats.... :)
It is already returned, and the key shortcuts are different now - right click the firewall list to see the shortcuts. They are no longer single keys, and are kid/cat-proof

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Try the new "clear cache" button. Also, do you use Windows and a standard path?
Still get the same error and yes, standard Windows paths.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Just move your session folder to existing location and all will be fixed. Atm you probably somehow deleted in in windows user files, and winbox doesn't have permisions to create anything there.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:00 am

Just move your session folder to existing location and all will be fixed.
No session folder anywhere in sight. Winbox 3.0rc9 continues to work correctly in this regard.
Atm you probably somehow deleted in in windows user files, and winbox doesn't have permisions to create anything there.
Nope. Not deleted anything.

junctura
just joined

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:25 pm

What's new in v3.0rc12:
I am using Winbox v3.0rc12 and am receiving the following error when attempting to connect to any routerboards I have, versions varied from 5.22 up to 6.28:

The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

The error comes up 3 times and then Winbox connects, but the connection is flaky and I am having to reconnect.

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro. I have .Net 4.5.2 installed with all available Windows updates. Do you require any other information from me?

--
BBSing is a terminal disease and I have the ANSI strain.

mortar8
just joined

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:33 am

About RoMON.
I've added a gateway host - I can connect to it with plain winbox.
I've enabled RoMON on a switch behind it and on the gateway. I can discover both from eachother. When I click "connect to RoMON" button, it connects, I can discover the switch.
Now here is the problem:
When I'm connected with RoMON, all the Managed list is gone. Ok I've manually added the switch by MAC address to the list after connecting with RoMON. When I click that host from the list and click connect (all when connected through RoMON) the new window opens, flashes briefly and I see the connect window with a message that "*host* has beed disconnected xx:xx:xx: ago".
I click reconnect and it works.

Ok. I see that I can specify a RoMON agent - with a hostname. From an unordered list. And it seems that it does not work. It says wrong password, thou I'm not sure what host exactly and with what credentials I am connecting to RoMON. Or is the password wrong on the RoMON or the target host..

Seriously, You guys have to think things through, plan, and test. More. And document.

plankanater
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:20 pm

It appears that somewhere around RC10 that SwitchOS devices are no longer able to be discovered. They still can be scene with the discovery tool on 2.2.18 but not with 3.0 rc12. The first time I noticed this was with RC10.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Winbox 3 RC

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Winbox working folder should be the same folder winbox.exe exist so it could be portable. I login to customer routers from different pc and places and i have to make every time new viw files the way i want. Why it is in windows user folder?
In the same folder all ini and viw files even this is a usb stick or desktop folder

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Winbox working folder should be the same folder winbox.exe exist so it could be portable. I login to customer routers from different pc and places and i have to make every time new viw files the way i want. Why should it be in windows user folder? In the same folder all ini and viw files !
This is set in preferences. You can choose another folder, even the same one.
Tools -> Move Sessions folder

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:55 pm

i know that. i mean that it should choose by default the path that i am running winbox.exe.
if i have a folder on my flash drive in root ...\winbox everything should be placed there and not in %appdata%

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:00 pm

i know that. i mean that it should choose by default the path that i am running winbox.exe.
if i have a folder on my flash drive in root ...\winbox everything should be placed there and not in %appdata%
How can it know where you want it? Just set the folder once, and Winbox will remember it.

Hotz1

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:12 pm

How can it know where you want it? Just set the folder once, and Winbox will remember it.
I think he is suggesting winbox should store all files in the same folder where the winbox.exe was found, so that when he moves a flash drive from one machine to the next, he doesn't have to guess what drive letter the next machine will assign to it.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:18 pm

he doesn't have to guess what drive letter the next machine will assign to it.
Usually applications store preferences in localsettings folder. I don't know of many tools that have a Folder next to them.
The only way we could solve this, is to have a "Preferences" window for Winbox, and then you could have a checkbox "Store settings next to Winbox" which would grey out the "Move sessions folder" button

Winbox is getting too complicated :)

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:34 pm

I think he is suggesting winbox should store all files in the same folder where the winbox.exe was found,

this is what i am suggesting, so everywhere i go around places i plug my usb run winbox and every setting and viw the lastime i had in my routers should be there.
look in the picture below! this is an example of what i mean
"sessionpath" or "path" file of course is not needed as it will be the current folder of winbox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hotz1

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:46 am

I think he is suggesting winbox should store all files in the same folder where the winbox.exe was found

this is what i am suggesting, so everywhere i go around places i plug my usb run winbox and every setting and viw the lastime i had in my routers should be there.
look in the picture below! this is an example of what i mean
"sessionpath" or "path" file of course is not needed as it will be the current folder of winbox
I wonder what would happen if you set the folder to "."?

jstump

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:17 pm

I'd like to +1 the idea for total mobility with Winbox. I've been searching for a way to have my sessions and "managed" routers sync between work desktop, laptop, and home desktop as well.

Couldn't you just move the Addresses.cdb file into the "sessions folder" too? That would solve the problem for me as I'm just using dropbox to sync that folder.

-Joshua
Fourway.NET

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am

I am writing again about a problem, but with some updates :

When using winbox v3.0rc7+ as a tool from Dude sessions are not loaded. Actually it does not read them from the session folder, but expects to find them in C:\. When exiting it saves the session changes to C:\. So it becomes very inconsistent when using winbox both from Dude and separately.
And you may say that the easiest thing to do is just move the session folder to C:\ and all is fine. Yes it is and it will work, but then my root system folder will have hundreds of files and will be a bit messy.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:46 am

It appears that somewhere around RC10 that SwitchOS devices are no longer able to be discovered. They still can be scene with the discovery tool on 2.2.18 but not with 3.0 rc12. The first time I noticed this was with RC10.
I have confirmed a similar problem with 3.0 rc12. I just netinstalled a shipment of a half dozen new mAP and hAP units. After I netinstall either out of the box, Winbox sees it no problem (except for one of the hAPs, which never showed up at any time). Once I load my generic configuration onto it, Winbox won't pick it up anymore unless you type the MAC address manually. An old copy of "MikroTik Neighbor Viewer" (that I've had for four years and use very rarely) picks the device up immediately, every time, but Winbox rc12 just sits there, blank I ran a ten-minute session on one of the mAPs and Winbox never showed it as a neighbor until I shut it down and logged out -- then suddenly it appeared.

It's not a firewall problem, because I don't load any firewall rules, NAT, or anything else. Each of our mAPs and hAPs is configured as just a dumb AP bridge (switch chip bridging the ethernets, added to software bridge for the wireless) with a single IP address, which is pretty simple.

Winbox 3.0 really does have neighbor protocol problems.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:04 pm

dada +
WirelessRudy +
and more... in my opinion WinBox v3 should be BETA with many, many new release before we can speak about RC. MikroTik, why you lost a numbering like x.y.z, this was a good ideology.

Today little GUI bug:
When we move up and down the WinBox v3 list then last entry is cut. Pressing "v" correct the position but now on the top we have this a entry cut...
Noticed the same, very irritating...

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:11 pm

I have to set the long cable by default. Even on 2 or 3 units attached with 1 mtrs pre-fab cat5e or 6 cable (shielded and or not) and even sometimes it works for a couple of days, after a while units can't be powered up anymore by the rb750. It makes the whole 750 to start flipping. Only setting the long cable option make it work again. We use it by default now because its the only way to get a reliable PoE device at remote site......

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Installed loader v.3.0rc12 this weekend and since can't open any new router anymore that has basic factory setting.
I have to open it with old loader first, upgrade the routerboard and only after that the discovery tool will find it.

Then, mac sessions to routers on my desk are very unstable. I have quickly to set a dhcp-client on the board so it picksup a IP from my server and than login by IP. Otherwise it's a matter of less than a minute before board disconnects.
Sometimes boards just don't connect by mac. I can try many times and board comes up to close inmediately.

Old winbox doesn't have any of these issues. It just does do what it is suppose to do, open a board. Either by mac or by IP if is has one....
I've got the feeling each new loader's update brings new issues... its almost lika ROS procedures! Disregard the first 20 or so versions because they give you more headaches than it solves...... :( :( :(

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:38 pm

I think the website should still have the old v2. loader version as first choice. Not this unstable release candidate.
At times you are out in the field without a laptop so use the client's device. Need to download winbox and get this unstable version... I wan't the 'old' stable one...

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:19 pm

What version of winbox do your devices offer on their login page?

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re:

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:23 am

What version of winbox do your devices offer on their login page?
I don't understand your question? I login with winbox loader. "Login page"? If you mean the webpage of the building webserver? Never use that....

The bottom line is; when I take a new router out of the box (so factory default) I can't open it with the new winbox. If this is what MT thinks of improving winbox I think they lost directions....

Hotz1

Re: Re:

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:50 am

The bottom line is; when I take a new router out of the box (so factory default) I can't open it with the new winbox. If this is what MT thinks of improving winbox I think they lost directions....
If you leave 3.0rc12 open long enough (on the order of a minute or two), it will eventually display the factory-default RB.

I consider this just slightly less painful than entering the MAC address manually. :?

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Re:

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:25 am

If you leave 3.0rc12 open long enough (on the order of a minute or two), it will eventually display the factory-default RB.

I consider this just slightly less painful than entering the MAC address manually. :?
Well, tried that, but on some units after 5 mins still nothing happened. And some indeed after a longgggg time connected.
I use now the 'old' loader to find and open de board the first time. After I've set a dhcp-client I take the IP and go from there with the new loader. After upgrade to latest ROS the new loader 'sees' the board....

But far from an improvement......

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Winbox 3 RC

Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:44 am

I just wanted to say that the webpage of each (excluding smips) device offers the winbox v. 2. There is no need to search for it elsewhere. I am using v.3rc12 for some time already having no problems with any new or old devices. Just once it didn't detetect the new neighbour device. So I opened other neighbouring device, use look at its neighbours, copy the mac and put it into winbox 3rc12.
Maybe the explore delay could be caused by more than one network interfaces of winbox running computer connected to the same network as it is definitely my case.

jstump

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Aside from portability/sync support for my saved sessions, I'd love to see the title bar show the router identity first, then the user@ip so that I can more easily tell which session is which in my taskbar when I have 5+ open!

mboy
just joined

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Please add the export and import addresses from a CSV (Tool>Import,Export)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 pm

I just wanted to say that the webpage of each (excluding smips) device offers the winbox v. 2. There is no need to search for it elsewhere.
That's no help. New routerboards come by default with another network than we use. So as long as I didn't change the IP of the interfaces to be in my network I can't open any webpage. The whole fun of winbox loader used to be we have access to routers independed if its in an IP network or not. But that advance use compared to other that have IP-level access only is now gone.
The big 'love' for winbox loader by many was that no matter what network issue you had, you could always login to a router with winbox loader, even without knowing its IP or network it was set for. Now we are losing this advance...
I am using v.3rc12 for some time already having no problems with any new or old devices. Just once it didn't detetect the new neighbour device. So I opened other neighbouring device, use look at its neighbours, copy the mac and put it into winbox 3rc12.
The 'old' loader never had such issues. Why should we now have to find work arounds on a new upgraded version?
Maybe the explore delay could be caused by more than one network interfaces of winbox running computer connected to the same network as it is definitely my case.
No. It happens on all of our 7 different office PC's. None of them have more than one interface. But yes, they are all in one network. But again, 'old' loader has no issues.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:34 pm

WirelessRudy,
what is the problem with saving a winbox.exe from one of your router to your computer local disk and use it whenever you want?

I have not lost any advance with 3rc12. There is no limitation to use Layer3 only, the Layer2 works also normally like always. In case I need, I still can run v2.2.18. Both are locally stored on my disk...

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:29 pm

WirelessRudy,
what is the problem with saving a winbox.exe from one of your router to your computer local disk and use it whenever you want?

I have not lost any advance with 3rc12. There is no limitation to use Layer3 only, the Layer2 works also normally like always. In case I need, I still can run v2.2.18. Both are locally stored on my disk...
I'm not quit understanding what you are asking here?

On all my 7 PC's and 4 laptops we have winbox.exe stored (not all the latest but ok) like we downloaded them from the Mikrotik website.
On 3 of the working stations in use for day to day configurations of new units we also have the old winbox loader.
These are on the desktop, but like all info on a PC, ultimately stored on the hd.

So we can use it whenever we want. And I have been one of the users in this forum over the past asking serveral times for improvements on the 'old' winbox loader. When they now finally started to make upgrades (I have installed almost all version when they were released) I was delighted to see the new options finally making it.
BUT (almost as usual, like ROS) they come with lots of errors and new issues. Some of the new versions were hard to work with. My technicians hate the new versions now and all fell back to the old v2 winbox loader...

I didn't download a winbox loader yet from a routerboard for 2 reasons:
1. I need IP level connectivity to do the download. After all we need to browse to the routerboard? Since the board is connected with the ethernet port that has another default network as ours we can't login by html. (And we DON'T want to work with the default 192.168.88.0/24 network that everybody knows now. Would be a bad idea anyway. Sometimes we hook up 2 or 3 new devices at the same time. If we would have a .88.0/24 network we would create IP conflicts every time again. All boards have the same IP.)
2. The version to be downloaded from the website, or downloaded as result of the upgrade order, should be working.

I just can't understand why they are not able to make a simple working version that works under all circumstances.... like the old v2.x?

But than again, I complained about this in version 3.2 or 3.3 or so and at the time I got the reply I was the only one complaining and the rest of the user group was very happy! Well, now we are at version 3.12 or so and many, many more posts with remarks and complaints later and still it doesn't.
But I'll guess after 10 years using MT I still don't understand how it works with Mikrotik.....

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:28 pm

RC 12 does not recognize SwOS devices or it takes ages to discover them.
WinBox 2.x finds them the time and immediately.
Last edited by BartoszP on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:53 pm

My machine to setup newly-purchased CPEs has one interface, and is plugged directly into each CPE being initialized, so there is only one device on the cable. Winbox 3 still takes either a long time to show each device, or never shows it. Winbox 2 and MT Neighbor Viewer show it immediately. Once the unit has been upgraded to 6.29.1, it appears somewhat more reliably, but still I need to quit and re-open Winbox 3 frequently to get it to show a router when I switch to a new unit on the cable without closing Winbox.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:35 pm

A feature I'm constantly missing is a filter/search feature for the logs. Would be a very nice feature to have.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:57 am

I encountered some bizarre sorting behavior in 3.0rc12 (don't know when it was introduced)...

View the firewall filters. Click on the action column to sort by action. Now click on the # column to return to the standard top-to-bottom view. The view returns for a second or two, then immediately jumps back into a sorted view. This happens no matter what other column you sort by -- you can never return to normal order view any more.

This behavior doesn't fail in other places, e.g., firewall nat.

The ROS in question was 6.29.1.

mboy
just joined

Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Please add the export and import addresses from a CSV (Tool>Import,Export)

fronik
just joined

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Pleeeeeeeassse, added support portable!!! It's so easy to implement now!
Please check the configuration files in folder winbox.exe.
If found file config in winbox.exe folder then use them.
If not found file config in winbox.exe folder then use %appdata%

It is very necessary and very useful feature!

Sorry for my English. I use Google translate.

simej
just joined

Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Why does Winbox v3.0rc12 have such bad MAC discovery of new devices (first boot of device with default configuration) on first screen neighbors?! It was not problem on v3.0rc6 (or9). I can see device in v2.2.18 but in v3.0rc12 I can't see that device.

23q
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 am

Why does Winbox v3.0rc12 have such bad MAC discovery of new devices (first boot of device with default configuration) on first screen neighbors?! It was not problem on v3.0rc6 (or9). I can see device in v2.2.18 but in v3.0rc12 I can't see that device.
+1

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:15 am

This happened today:

Earlier tonight update a client CPE (SXT) to the latests ROS manually. But for one reason or the other the wireless package became corrupted. So the link was lost, I found out later when this (very important high profile!) client called. So I took my laptop that just had a new Window OS installed and just before taking it with me managed to download the winbox loader from the MT website...

So came to the client and tried to log into the CPE. Well, it didn't 'see' it. Not by mac and not by the IP part of the network the client uses for his network. Since they use fixed IP for all devices there was no dhcp server to request a possible IP of my CPE.
They even managed to run a IP scan, but not a MT mac address to be found.... :(

So, had to climb on the roof, take the CPE down, drive home, connected to my office network ready to reset the CPE....
But tried to 'see' it with the new winbox loader.... still no change. After 10 minutes still nothing...
So, tried the 'old' v.2.x version of winbox loader, and it sees it inmediately! Found it had a local lan IP we never use anymore. But I could just like that login by mac... installed the wireless package again, reboot and unit backup running...
Went back to the client and installed it and up and running again...

Anybody that now tries to tell me that I am doing something wrong with the new loader that makes it not possible to read any routerboard that is not in the same network as the host used to connect to it have to explain me what I am doing wrong.
Same thing happened to us now on all kind of boards. And every time the 'old' loader doesn't have any problem to 'see' any unit, no matter what IP it has, or not has, set.

I just think it is the new loader that is wrong, not our procedure..... and by not having it at the website at hand it creates problems.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:31 pm

So came to the client and tried to log into the CPE. Well, it didn't 'see' it. Not by mac and not by the IP part of the network the client uses for his network.

So, had to climb on the roof, take the CPE down, drive home, connected to my office network ready to reset the CPE....
But tried to 'see' it with the new winbox loader.... still no change. After 10 minutes still nothing...
So, tried the 'old' v.2.x version of winbox loader, and it sees it inmediately!
+1

If you're going to use Winbox 3 for field work, don't leave home without the Neighbor Viewer tool, which is still available from the downloads page. (Unfortunately, it does not support copy for paste, but it's better than a long drive.)

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:34 pm

I wonder what is the problem to do verbatim copy of MAC discovery procedure from WinBox 2 to WinBox3 ?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:41 am

If multiple routers are chosen, all having the same profile, then opened with the "connect to all" button, only the last router in the list will be opened with that profile -- the rest all come up with empty Winbox windows.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:08 pm

I wonder what is the problem to do verbatim copy of MAC discovery procedure from WinBox 2 to WinBox3 ?
"verbatim copy", sorry for my ignorance, I'm not a techno wizz, but what do you mean with that?

I'm just a simple guy that needs to run a network. It worked fine for years with the old winbox loader. Off course I had wishes, lots could, and still can, be improved for day to day work tool.
But accidents always happen at the same moment. My laptop sort of died the night before and I was just ready with a new factory default install before I had to ran off to this client.
This happened before but usually I can go the MT website and download the tools I might need. In the ultimate event I can even use the clients devices, or even login with http.
But now this was not an option. I quickly downloaded the winbox loader fm the website and went for a presumably quick fix........ that took me 2 hours to finalize... only because the new 'improved' and cheered at loader isn't able to read MT's own routerboards...... what a bummer..... definitely not made my day!!

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:18 pm

Not a critical comment this time: 8) But an option that could be very handy in winbox loader;

A button that closes all open subwindows in the main winbox session.

Sometimes I have many, many subwindows opened in a session while also running 10 or more session on different routers in my dual monitor setup. (I actually have 4 dual monitor PC's and still at times could really do with an extra screen while troubleshooting... :) ) But all these windows and subwindows are very confusing.
So to start a new 'job' on a router I regularly quickly want to 'clean' my session to open with only one or 2 new subwindows of need.
Now you have to click on each subwindow over and over again to clean it!
Last night I had over 30 subwindows open in my CCR while working on firewall rules, some simple queues and at the same time troubleshooting some ethernet port issues.... Its 35 degrees and on a laptop with touchpad this was not something that went very fast. I think it took me a full minute or more to close them all. "One minute?" "Is that all?" Yes, that is a lot if you are rushing to get things done....

One button 'close all' would be handy.....

Hotz1

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:12 pm

"verbatim copy", sorry for my ignorance, I'm not a techno wizz, but what do you mean with that?
He means, what is stopping the Winbox developers from just copying the discovery code from Winbox2, and pasting it into Winbox3?

As a software engineer in a past life, I know there are many reasons that you usually can't cut & paste; I also know that it's very unlikely that the old discovery behavior couldn't be duplicated within the newly structured code. Whatever the hold-up, regression (loss of former functionality) should always have development priority.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:28 am

"Verbatim copy" means "byte by byte" or "bit by bit".
New discovery version ( this one used by WB3 ) could be default one but the WB2's version could/should be accessible from menu as alternative method to discover devices.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:45 am

"Verbatim copy" means "byte by byte" or "bit by bit".
New discovery version ( this one used by WB3 ) could be default one but the WB2's version could/should be accessible from menu as alternative method to discover devices.
@Hotz1 @BartoszP; Thanks for the explanation. Credits for that! And I do agree on both, upgrades should be guarded against loss of previous functionality and in case it still happened old versions should still be accessible as easy as the new one.

I think MT developers are so preoccupied in improving things, and convinced about their own skills they'd forget to have procedures in place to grant 'old' functionality still works in new versions. And since they are convinced in doing a good job they see no need to have old versions still readily available.

Its just like the ros upgrade. The moment its been released all auto update systems in place by end users or again on the website, are presented with the new version, with all its possible new defects in it with them.
If you're not already have been creating your own 'previous version file' directory on your own server or you don't know how to get the previous you're with your hands in your hair when the new 'final release' version brings new havoc....

After so many years with so many members complaining its a deception to see lots of MT software upgrade's procedures are still not proper...... :(

sars
just joined

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Pleeeeeeeassse, added support portable!!! It's so easy to implement now!
Please check the configuration files in folder winbox.exe.
If found file config in winbox.exe folder then use them.
If not found file config in winbox.exe folder then use %appdata%

It is very necessary and very useful feature!

Sorry for my English. I use Google translate.
I needs the same!!! Add this future pls!

solaoxo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:34 am

111111.png
On Chinese window system, winbox time in minutes and seconds do not see.

silversword
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:55 pm

WinBox v3.0rc12
New GrooveA out of the box plugged into the same network
PC IP: 10.0.0.100
GrooveA Default IP: 192.168.88.1

Not sure when it broke but under neighbors tab clicking Refresh button would previously show all Mikrotik devices quickly (for connecting via MAC address for initial configuration). With rc12 the GrooveA doesn't appear for a long time, but if you leave it (5-15mins then it'll finally appear).

When devices are in same IP subnet device shows quickly when you click refresh

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:11 am

I think that I have tracked when the "Neighbors" and "Refresh" do not work.

These functions scan computer for all network interfaces and then scan each particular interface for devices but...
IMHO the procedure stops when the interface is not in "Connected" state and the procedure waits till it will go to "Connected".
It does not matter if interface has IP assigned or not. It just is matter of "cable being inserted".

I have verified it with my LAN RJ-45 port in Win7:
1. No cable inserted, no IP assigned, DHCP on...circle spinning on network connections ..WinBox does not work...it is obvious :-)
2. Cable inserted, DHCP on...circle spinning on network connections ..WinBox does not work...
3. Cable inserted, DHCP on...circle..no circle...IP automatically assigned ..WinBox shows devices and works since moment when IP is assigned.
4. Cable inserted, static IP assigned from device's address pool..WinBox shows devices and works via MAC and IP almost instantly.
5. Cable inserted, static IP assigned not from device's address pool..WinBox shows devices and works via MAC almost instantly.

When you have more interfeces then these steps are repeated for each interface but if any of them is not in "proper" state then
the scanning takes ages. Things go worse if you have virtual interfaces, e.g. VMWare, which rarely go "connected" so they block scanning
each time WinBox is used. When the scanning starts from the interface where we expect devices they are shown but when they are on interfaces
which is next to "bad" interface, they are shown randomly when scanning times-out in resonable time. That is why some devices are shown at once
and for some we need to wait or they jump out suprisingly.

Why WinBox is closing itself from time to time ? Interface used to connect to device changes it's position on interface scanning list and is "blocked"
by "Not connected" interface. Time out crashes WinBox.

Please read these...they enlighted me a little bit:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5917 ... -applicati
http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscripting ... pters.aspx
Last edited by BartoszP on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:25 pm

@BartoszP: Interesting, and I think you can be right. MT should look into it.

But; I have PC's that only have one ethernet port, not even wireless, and off course a laptop only has one ethernet port and a wireless that I usually shut down when I have a troubled ethernet connection.
Still new winbox loader takes ages where 'old' loader inmediately shows connected units.

In my PC's situation it could be they are all connected to a 18 port router (8xEther, 1x fsp + 1xWifi) and of that router many ports are not in use. One or two of these ports are used to connect to a new or test board for config purposes.
So maybe winbox loader 'new' scans all ports in the IP domain (network) and 'hangs' at every interface not in use before it finds the one we are waiting for? Almost the same like you prescribed?

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:04 pm

One more possible source of troubles: "Let Windows to switch off interface to save power" option located deep in interface options.
When Windows decide to power it off ? It is real magic for me....

Window mysteries does not change my opinion that old scanning procedure could/should be back in WinBox 3 (could be an option in menu).
It is not responsibile for any configuration job so it does not hurt anything.

marcodefreitas
just joined

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:14 pm

A feature I'm constantly missing is a filter/search feature for the logs. Would be a very nice feature to have.
I want it back too.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I want it back too.
On this moment you can't even select a part or rule of the log! Would be nice (together with a filter/search funcion) to have the ability to at least highlight (by selecting, standard windows behaviour) a word or line of interest. And then copy and paste would be the icing of the cake......
(paste into another .txt or wordprocessor document off course....)

Protocol
just joined

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Just noticed that on windows 10 when you pin winbox 3.0rc12 to the taskbar, the pinned sessions don't work..

Windows 10 introduced a more or less similar bug to PuTTY:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta ... lists.html

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:15 am

Just noticed that on windows 10 when you pin winbox 3.0rc12 to the taskbar, the pinned sessions don't work..

Windows 10 introduced a more or less similar bug to PuTTY:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta ... lists.html
Works fine in my windows10.

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:10 am

Feature suggestion:
- Add an "used by" pop up option for an item, which shows who uses the entry.
e.g. interfaces->bridges, address->interfaces, interfaces->routes, pools->dhcp servers and so on.

This would be extremely useful for problem fixing and debugging.

nescafe2002
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:55 pm

A suggestion I already told to Sergejs and Normunds (I believe) at the MUM: being able to switch between opened windows inside the same winbox session with some kind of key combo, CTRL-Tab already switches between tabs, something like shift-tab, ctrl-shift-tab or anything not too contorted :)
You can use CTRL-TAB and CTRL-SHIFT-TAB for switching between windows without a tab control.
However, for all child windows, the correct shortcuts are CTRL-F6 (forward) and CTRL-SHIFT-F6 (back).
This is the default behavior for MDI applications.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:10 pm

A suggestion I already told to Sergejs and Normunds (I believe) at the MUM: being able to switch between opened windows inside the same winbox session with some kind of key combo, CTRL-Tab already switches between tabs, something like shift-tab, ctrl-shift-tab or anything not too contorted :)
You can use CTRL-TAB and CTRL-SHIFT-TAB for switching between windows without a tab control.
However, for all child windows, the correct shortcuts are CTRL-F6 (forward) and CTRL-SHIFT-F6 (back).
This is the default behavior for MDI applications.
Just checked on windows and you're right! Now to check why it doesn't work under wine.

Thanks!

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:23 am

Missing in ipv6 / firewall / address lists... For any write to an src or dst list theres no timeout available so you have no idea of how long is left.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 am

Missing in ipv6 / firewall / address lists... For any write to an src or dst list theres no timeout available so you have no idea of how long is left.
Not my experience:
Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 9.54.06 PM.jpg
Maybe you just don't have the timeout column enabled in "Show Columns"?

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:58 am

any news about new version? portable?

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:48 am

I think there is a small bug associated with a possible feature request on RC3rc12:

When using winbox 3rc12 and saving a connection in the managed list, the note field is set automatically to the device name, which is kind of OK.
But this works only if the device is on the same L2 level with the device. If it is on a remote network, it somehow gets the note from the last used device, with no way to change it.

The feature request: Allow changing the note field (e.g. with Ctrl-M like a comment) on saved entities in the Managed tab.

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:27 pm

feature request

By default, when you select a RouterBoard in the neighbors, set as the default
session: <own>
Note: <identity of RouterBoard>
Group: leave blank

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Note: <identity of RouterBoard>
Group: leave blank
I think this already happens.
But the note should be editable, like in Winbox 2 - someone may like other informations there.

grzes
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:57 am

Hi,
in windows 10 fonts in winbox are blurry. Because i'am using a 10" lcd with full hd resolution in screen settings i have set a text size to 125%. 100% is to small but then fonts in winbox are ok.
I'm not saying that it is definitely a bug in winbox. I remember problems with fonts in Win8. However, this is currently the only application that shows a blurry fonts.
winbox3 blurry.png

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:38 am

Hi,
in windows 10 fonts in winbox are blurry. Because i'am using a 10" lcd with full hd resolution in screen settings i have set a text size to 125%. 100% is to small but then fonts in winbox are ok.
I'm not saying that it is definitely a bug in winbox. I remember problems with fonts in Win8. However, this is currently the only application that shows a blurry fonts.
winbox3 blurry.png
do not increase font size. If you bought a laptop with a high dpi screen, you should use it at the high dpi :)

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 pm

Not my experience:
Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 9.54.06 PM.jpg
Maybe you just don't have the timeout column enabled in "Show Columns"?

Ah easy miss read - but I did say IPv6 firewall, not IPv4..

There's no timeout even in Winbox 2.x an overlooked major basic feature... (and its not an option to add it just plain name and address only - its AWOL)

Can this be fixed please its SO annoying.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi,
winbox3 blurry.png
do not increase font size. If you bought a laptop with a high dpi screen, you should use it at the high dpi :)
Shouldn't you rather correct your application gui to work correctly with such common feature?
He didn't lowered the resolution, he just magnified the font in the user screen settings.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:43 am

1000+
Or just a tool so you can at least select some words and lines. Cut and paste would a nice feature to.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 am

Is it possible to add one button on the left hand main menu; "close all"

At times there are so many windows open you want to start with a new clean empty main window.
Sometimes a remote unit that has issues and poor reachability need to have all windows close to reach. When many windows are open a bigger data stream is needed to show them all and at times of trouble that is just too much and session closes. You can't be fast enough in closing many windows so they keep coming back this way.
One "close all windows" button would save a lot of time and irritation.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:00 pm

At times there are so many windows open you want to start with a new clean empty main window.
Sometimes a remote unit that has issues and poor reachability need to have all windows close to reach. When many windows are open a bigger data stream is needed to show them all and at times of trouble that is just too much and session closes. You can't be fast enough in closing many windows so they keep coming back this way.
One "close all windows" button would save a lot of time and irritation.
Restart Winbox with a new Session (or session <none>)

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Restart Winbox with a new Session (or session <none>)
Normis, you showed again typical behavior of lazy developer. I met it several times when communicating with Mikrotik's support too. Your customer hints you with a new feature and you offer him a workaround (which he probably already knows or can find himself).
Do you think that closing the Winbox, running new one, changing the settings to start with new session and finally running the session is comparable to pushing just one button on a window which is already on the screen?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:19 pm

Normis, you showed again typical behavior of lazy developer.
Adding new buttons for every feature request will end in disaster. I offer you existing solution without need to clutter the interface even more. Sorry, but even Windows doesn't have "close all windows" button

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Normis, you showed again typical behavior of lazy developer.
Adding new buttons for every feature request will end in disaster. I offer you existing solution without need to clutter the interface even more. Sorry, but even Windows doesn't have "close all windows" button
For one; I didn't make the remark regarding the lazy developer behaviour. I do agree though.

You offer me a work around, that in real is useless.
Normally all winbox sessions are left with 1, 2 or 3 subwindows open and this is saved in such way. So if we need to quickly check some connectivity on clients for instance, we just have to open the session and immediately get these windows presented we want to see.
Special for the reception desk girl this is handy so she doesn't have to open the windows of need each time again a clients calls in with; "I have no internet!".

So sessions are saved by default like they were the last time the session was closed.

But now, when I, as the technician, am troubleshooting or doing any other complicated stuff, at times open loads of windows. Now I have 2 options;
1. When I finish the work I have to close each window one by one to get a clean state again (and then of need open only these needed for for the desk girl.)
2. I just close the session with all its windows, or it gets closed because some event, and next time I open the session again I have to close all these sub windows one by one.

So in both instances it would be of help if there would be just one button that just closes all. Can't be difficult to achieve and I'll bet a lot of us would like it....

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Another, very annoying at present, feature that could improve winbox a lot:

Every time you want to show, or hide, columns in windows you have to select, or unselect, one of the many options and it get immediately done when you hit the option... Ok if you only need one, but not ok if you need more changes...

Why can't it be made that you can select or unselect ('check' or 'tic' boxes) and after you have select/unselect all you need to is click on "apply" to have them set all at once (selects and unselects)? This would make life soooo much more easy.

Depending on the work you are doing you have different needs to what gets presented in a winbox sessions subwindows columns. Now if you work with 4 routers, and for the info you need have to arrange 6 new columns on each you need 4 x (each router) 6 (open 'show column' submenu) + 6 (select/un select option) = 48 mouse clicks to set the info of need.

In my suggestion you would need 4 (routers) x 1 (open 'show column' submenu) + 6 + 1 (apply) = 29 mouse clicks to set the same.

This is when you hit the right selection each time. But in real it happens regularly you just pick the wrong one (like on touch screens!) and than you have first to undo what you just had done and after that select what you'd actually wanted...
Very annoying when you are in a hurry of have a lot of work to do.....

I'll guess 20% of my time working on my network gets waisted in re-arranging and arranging menu columns this way..... that could be brought back to at least 5%

G2Dolphin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Now I have 2 options;
1. When I finish the work I have to close each window one by one to get a clean state again (and then of need open only these needed for for the desk girl.)
2. I just close the session with all its windows, or it gets closed because some event, and next time I open the session again I have to close all these sub windows one by one.
Open needed windows, place it how you want, and just uncheck "Autosave on close" on Sessions menu, what's the problem?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:00 pm

To be fair, consider the case you proposed, where the connection is so bad that it craters before Winbox can open up all previously shown windows. Opening with a clean session guarantees there will be no attempt to open windows, whereas opening with old session and having to wait for the "close all windows" button to be available just creates a race condition.
Normally all winbox sessions are left with 1, 2 or 3 subwindows open and this is saved in such way. So if we need to quickly check some connectivity on clients for instance, we just have to open the session and immediately get these windows presented we want to see. Special for the reception desk girl this is handy...
So sessions are saved by default like they were the last time the session was closed.
But now, when I, as the technician, am troubleshooting or doing any other complicated stuff, at times open loads of windows
Consider the following alternate solution, which is what we use: Set up the sessions simply with few windows, then mark the connections as NOT to be saved on close. Now when you open a router, you get basic information suitable to that router; a technician can add as many windows as he needs for any session without having to sort through someone else's leftover clutter (or even his own). Seriously, we have found that turning "save on close" off as a default has improved our workflow in every case. If we have an unusual situation where we need to use save on close, we just make a temporary duplicate entry in the Winbox directory for that router with a different session, and use that.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:31 am

Now I have 2 options;
Open needed windows, place it how you want, and just uncheck "Autosave on close" on Sessions menu, what's the problem?
hmm, never thought about that option. Its not ideal but yes, I agree, it is a workaround. (I do have to close router and it comes back with old settings. Yes, if that was an empty window, it did work..
Other disadvantage is now that since 'auto save' is disabled, if the router disconnects for whatever reason, when openend again I get 'an' old windows setup again. Like I said, not ideal... but it is a workaround.)

I don't understand why such a button 'close all' would be such a big deal to embed it in the menu. There are several buttons that are only used by some in very special setups. If designer would start counting all button usage of all buttons of all MT users I'll bet my requested button gets a lot more usage than some of the other 'obscure to many' buttons presently in the menu.....

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:41 am

To be fair, consider the case you proposed, where the connection is so bad that it craters before Winbox can open up all previously shown windows. Opening with a clean session guarantees there will be no attempt to open windows, whereas opening with old session and having to wait for the "close all windows" button to be available just creates a race condition.
Exactly, that is what is does! But the main window will open and sometimes (like for whatever reason some telnet sessions were still open and are thus asked to open again.) some sub menus just takes such a long time to open that router actually disconnects after some time. If the menu, that is already openend, would show "close all windows" this command could kill all attempts from ROS to open subwindows that delay the router to open completely.
Normally all winbox sessions are left with 1, 2 or 3 subwindows open and this is saved in such way. So if we need to quickly check some connectivity on clients for instance, we just have to open the session and immediately get these windows presented we want to see. Special for the reception desk girl this is handy...
But now, when I, as the technician, am troubleshooting or doing any other complicated stuff, at times open loads of windows
Consider the following alternate solution, which is what we use: Set up the sessions simply with few windows, then mark the connections as NOT to be saved on close. Now when you open a router, you get basic information suitable to that router; a technician can add as many windows as he needs for any session without having to sort through someone else's leftover clutter (or even his own). Seriously, we have found that turning "save on close" off as a default has improved our workflow in every case. If we have an unusual situation where we need to use save on close, we just make a temporary duplicate entry in the Winbox directory for that router with a different session, and use that.[/quote]hmm, I have to consume this. We could indeed setup some standard router info setting, safe it, close it and open it again and disable the 'safe at exit' option. From then on router always open in a standard setting.... hmmmm

(I still could do with a button too, see my last remark in my previous post. :) )

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:41 am

New version

What's new in v3.0rc13:
*) allow to specify romon agent via command line;
*) fixed window size when winbox is opened first time;
*) fixed problem where it was not possible to connect to router through RoMON if
Open in New Window was enabled;

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:01 pm

please make saving column size in winbox romon. every time i have to adjust "identity" column so i can see all.

for me romon rarely worked. now with rc13 i dont get the messege "disconnected from romon" but when i connect to main router and try to connect to rbsxt behind it, it always opens main router and not the rbsxt behind the router that i want to see. so my sollution is dstnat to ap behind router so i can see it with winbox.
i dont have any special config. just the quick setup and romon enabled (without secret) in tools. does it need any special firewall rule?

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:09 pm

I don't understand why such a button 'close all' would be such a big deal to embed it in the menu. There are several buttons that are only used by some in very special setups. If designer would start counting all button usage of all buttons of all MT users I'll bet my requested button gets a lot more usage than some of the other 'obscure to many' buttons presently in the menu.....
I agree, it's not too big of a deal to add a button for this option.
I understand the logic that by adding yet another button, winbox will start to get cumbersome, but maybe it's time to make winbox even more user customizable by allowing to select which buttons are where, etc so that wouldn't be a problem.

Another workaround which I usually use is press and keep esc button until all windows are closed.
I have configured the keyboard repeat to maximum and delay to minimum on my windows box so it's quite fast to close as many windows as there are open.
Escape button does not close any terminal windows though.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:05 pm

I do not like if I make connection to the same device via IP or via MAC and WinBox makes two different sessions and does not remember settings.
Could it remember internally MAC address or any internal id to make and save it as one session ?

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:57 pm

"open in new window" for romon still has problem. it connects me to main router and no to device behind it.
when i uncheck it, i can connect to devices behind router.

romon was not working for me months now because i have "open in new window" always checked! ???????
i cant believe this! i wouldnt think of that.

double click to connect to a romon device does not work. you have to press connect button.

when you mark multiples devices in romon and press add/set it justs add one in main window

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Romon is acting kinda goofy...
I can't remove the column from Winbox rc13. It just keeps coming back each time even with Romon deactivated.
Is Winbox rc12 still available? :?

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:50 am

Thanks, I found it.. 8)

stroebs
just joined

Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:39 am

Having an issue with Winbox... Can't connect to IPv6 addresses.

Can ping the IPv6 addresses and browse using IPv6 but router's IPv6 doesn't come up in neighbour list when opening Winbox.
winbox-rc13-ipv6.JPG

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Having an issue with Winbox... Can't connect to IPv6 addresses.
It's the same as everywhere else (e.g. web browser), you need brackets: [2c██:█88:1104]

-

An unrelated bug:

With Tools->Advanced Mode enabled, WinBox 3.0rc13 starts with top part having only three fields displayed (Connect To, Login and Password) as if advanced mode was not enabled. The list below does show all fields correctly. You have to turn advanced mode off and on again, to show all fields in top part. But next time WinBox is started, it's broken again.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:47 am

With Tools->Advanced Mode enabled, WinBox 3.0rc13 starts with top part having only three fields displayed (Connect To, Login and Password) as if advanced mode was not enabled. The list below does show all fields correctly. You have to turn advanced mode off and on again, to show all fields in top part. But next time WinBox is started, it's broken again.
the behavior ir correct, except that it should probably remember that you used advanced mode. The fact that Advanced is not the default, is correct.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:10 pm

It did and still does remember it. The problem in rc13 is that on next run, WinBox interface applies advanced mode only partially:
winbox.png

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 pm

There is bug. You need to set off and on advanced mode again. Then it gets corrected.

makstex

Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Key `C`, for adding comment, not working!

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:01 am

Comment = Ctrl+M

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Winbox 3.0rc15 version is released:

*) make "Install & Upgrade" button work again;
*) fixed crash when typing Ctrl-D in empty terminal window;
*) show properly advanced mode on start up;
*) make console use whole terminal window width on reopen.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:15 pm

please fix "romon" together with "open in new window"

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 pm

This is already fixed.

Fix was already included in 3.0rc13.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:27 pm

for me its working only if i deselect "open in new window"
if i select it i connect only to first device (router)

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Sorry. Another issue was resolved. Issue which I though you are talking about did return an error.

I have reported your problem to our developers.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm

(edited)
Last edited by pukkita on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Winbox 3.0rc16 version is released:

*) fixed problem where it was not possible to connect to router through RoMON if
Open in New Window was enabled.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Winbox 3.0rc16 version is released:

Open in New Window was enabled.
yes yes. now we are talking. thank u

ntrits
just joined

Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:24 am

"allow to specify romon agent via command line;"

an example please

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Example:

XX:XX:XX:XX - RoMON agent address
YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY - RoMON neighbour MAC address
username - Login username
password - Login password

winbox.exe --romon xx.xx.xx.xx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy username password

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:40 pm

While we're on the subject of command line options for winbox... I've added the beta Winbox to the Tools available in our Dude. The problem is that when opened from the Dude, winbox invocations get opened with an arbitrary session profile. Is there a command line option one can add to fix this?

KoDAk

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Image now up 3 times on open CCR1009-8G-1S OS:6.32.2

KoDAk

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:41 pm

sorry it fixed
Download the Visual C++ Redistributable:

For Windows 64-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x64) http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... st.x64.exe

For Windows 32-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (32-bit)
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... st.x86.exe

ntrits
just joined

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Example:

XX:XX:XX:XX - RoMON agent address
YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY - RoMON neighbour MAC address
username - Login username
password - Login password

winbox.exe --romon xx.xx.xx.xx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy username password

Thank you!

(if you change the winbox file name to something other than winbox.exe command line stop working)

Tobbeh
just joined

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with WinBox that the MAC-address of the RouterBoard (hAP) doesn't show up in the Neighbor's table. If I use your other tool, called Neighbor, the device shows up and I can manually enter the MAC-address in the "Connect To" field in WinBox and connect without problem.

I have tested with windows 8 and 10 and several versions of WinBox 3 with the same result. The two applications (Neighbor & WinBox) have the same settings in Windows Firewall.

Any tips on how to solve this?

Regards,
Tobbe

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:12 pm

I have a problem with WinBox that the MAC-address of the RouterBoard (hAP) doesn't show up in the Neighbor's table. If I use your other tool, called Neighbor, the device shows up and I can manually enter the MAC-address in the "Connect To" field in WinBox and connect without problem.

I have tested with windows 8 and 10 and several versions of WinBox 3 with the same result. The two applications (Neighbor & WinBox) have the same settings in Windows Firewall.

This is a wInbox 3 bug of long standing reported in this thread multiple times by mutliple people. One such discussion begins here. In my opinion, this failure is the single most consequential remaining bug in beta Winbox, has been present since June or so, and is long overdue for a fix. Best avoidance action is to keep a copy of the older "neighbor viewer" tool handy and copy the MAC address into Winbox by hand (since you can't copy and paste from the neighbor viewer tool).

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 pm

This is a wInbox 3 bug of long standing reported in this thread multiple times by mutliple people. One such discussion begins here. In my opinion, this failure is the single most consequential remaining bug in beta Winbox, has been present since June or so, and is long overdue for a fix. Best avoidance action is to keep a copy of the older "neighbor viewer" tool handy and copy the MAC address into Winbox by hand (since you can't copy and paste from the neighbor viewer tool).
Indeed! A very annoying bug still around!
"Mikrotik, please correct this asap"!!!!

Hotz1

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:11 pm

Indeed! A very annoying bug still around!
"Mikrotik, please correct this asap"!!!!
I'm still curious what it is about this discovery protocol that makes boards with the default configuration require any special handling--and why it's so difficult to make the beta Winbox do the same thing. I can't imagine why MT wouldn't want people to be able to discover defaulted boards with Winbox--but considering the delay in restoring such a basic (and highly demanded) function, sometimes that's what it seems like.

skroomark
just joined

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 am

Is it possible to change update interval?
Firewall is updated every 2 seconds, connections - every 5 seconds. Too long.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:49 am

Hotz1 - This issue is fixed but it depends also on RouterOS version. Starting from 6.33 (and of 6.33rc of course) it will be fixed.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Hotz1 - This issue is fixed but it depends also on RouterOS version. Starting from 6.33 (and of 6.33rc of course) it will be fixed.
WHAT? You must be joking? :(
The issue is NOT fixed yet in any version that is 'current' or 'stable'. You refer to 6.33 or 6.33rc. Well, the first is not available yet at the moment of writing this post and the second is 'rc' like the work implicates "release candidate"....

BUT, we are already happy the issue is under attention and will be fixed! :D

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:51 pm

WHAT? You must be joking? :(
The issue is NOT fixed yet in any version that is 'current' or 'stable'. You refer to 6.33 or 6.33rc. Well, the first is not available yet at the moment of writing this post and the second is 'rc' like the work implicates "release candidate"....

BUT, we are already happy the issue is under attention and will be fixed! :D
And that is why I wrote that it will be fixed in 6.33 version not that it is fixed in 6.33 which of course does not exist yet.

Hotz1

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 pm

That's good news--but you do realize that changing ROS to work with the beta winbox means that this issue is going to plague us until the last RB is upgraded to 6.33 or newer. Keep in mind, that includes every RB currently in existence, new or used.

The old ROS versions obviously had a way to be discovered. Call me crazy, but it seems to me the fix should occur in winbox: let the beta winbox discover devices in the same way the earlier winbox does. Until all boards everywhere are upgraded beyond that point, why not include the old discovery protocol as a compatibility mode, rather than make people deal with invisible RouterBoards for the next few years? I hate to imagine how many trouble tickets and forum posts it's going to create in the meantime.

I can only assume there is a practical reason it is so difficult to get the beta winbox to do what the earlier winbox still does routinely; maybe something about its structure (e.g., related to threading) that breaks the old discovery method for defaulted boards. But I think people are going to continue asking for an explanation until one is provided.

solaoxo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:18 pm

On the Chinese operating system, no way to see the whole time.
QQ截图20151005041541.png

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:30 pm

you do realize that changing ROS to work with the beta winbox means that this issue is going to plague us until the last RB is upgraded to 6.33 or newer. Keep in mind, that includes every RB currently in existence, new or used.

The old ROS versions obviously had a way to be discovered. Call me crazy, but it seems to me the fix should occur in winbox: let the beta winbox discover devices in the same way the earlier winbox does. Until all boards everywhere are upgraded beyond that point, why not include the old discovery protocol as a compatibility mode, rather than make people deal with invisible RouterBoards for the next few years? I hate to imagine how many trouble tickets and forum posts it's going to create in the meantime.

I can only assume there is a practical reason it is so difficult to get the beta winbox to do what the earlier winbox still does routinely; maybe something about its structure (e.g., related to threading) that breaks the old discovery method for defaulted boards. But I think people are going to continue asking for an explanation until one is provided.
Indeed. Your audience here are engineers, whose training stresses that changing products B and C to compensate for a deficiency in product A results in inefficiencies and often results in additional future problems. Perhaps it would be a good investment of your time to explain why the problem, introduced by Winbox, cannot be fixed in Winbox. (After all, Neighbor Viewer still works fine, so the problem is soluble.) The explanation may be convincing enough to persuade us to resign ourselves to the proposed solution... or conversely, maybe one of the engineers here can offer an alternate (and better) solution that you have not yet considered.

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:13 pm

I don't know if it is already reported.
When you lose connection to a routerboard the window of the winbox3.xrc moves to the top left corner of the screen, instead of preserving the same position. Using Windows 7.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:39 pm

The USB button seems to be missing on the CCR-1009 device. Can you check confirm?

-tp

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Sometimes the session opens in reduced size window and the order of subwindows according the saved session settings is damaged. It is necessary to maximize the window and reload session settings again. The saved session has to follow the window position and dimension when reloaded.

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Missing in all winbox.

IPv6 / firewall / address lists

There is no timeout field hidden or otherwise.

We use IPv6 address lists be nice knowing a time value left.

Thanks!

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Didn't get any autoupdate :(
It doesn't update itself automatically, there is a "check for updates" menu item that "automatically" performs an update if you choose it.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:29 am

Another thing missing from WinBox is prefix-hint parameter for DHCPv6 client.

panosla
just joined

Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 am

I cannot add a new device profile if another one exists with the same IP and Username

BSmith
just joined

Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Opening rc16 yields a virus detection by AVG
WinboxARESDetection.png

luccosen
just joined

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:42 am

sorry ! I'm a newbie , how I can upgrade the file winbox.exe on the routerbord? whit normal upgrade, routerboard only upgrade code but not winbox.exe ....
thanks. :(

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:48 pm

sorry ! I'm a newbie , how I can upgrade the file winbox.exe on the routerbord? whit normal upgrade, routerboard only upgrade code but not winbox.exe ....
thanks. :(
It' not separately upgradable. It's contained in the system package, and is really useful only for when you're working on a MikroTik router, you don't have Winbox on your PC and, you don't have a working connection to the internet to fetch Winbox directly from mikrotik.com. Otherwise, you can just go to mikrotik.com, download the version you prefer, and keep it on your PC.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:10 pm

New Winbox version is released!

What`s new in v3.0rc17:

*) discover older version RouterOS routers and SwOS switches as well;

http://www.mikrotik.com/download

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:25 pm

As for AVG issue - I have tested it myself with rc16 and rc17 version but have not managed to reproduce it. It sound like something specific is configured on your AVG when Winbox is recognized as virus. Please test if issue persist when you use rc17.

Hotz1

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:30 pm

What`s new in v3.0rc17:

YES!! Thank you.

Hotz1

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:31 pm

As for AVG issue - I have tested it myself with rc16 and rc17 version but have not managed to reproduce it. It sound like something specific is configured on your AVG when Winbox is recognized as virus. Please test if issue persist when you use rc17.
It's not just him; it has been happening on my PC too, going back several 3.0rc releases.

ditonet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:38 pm

I don't know what AVG version do you use, in my case winbox is not recognized as a threat by AV engine, but by 'Identity Protection' module. Probably due to two reasons: winbox.exe is not digitally signed and when is running some 'strange' network activity occurs.

Regards,

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:00 pm

WinBox RC16 does not see RC17 as available update from "Check for update" menu.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:03 pm

What`s new in v3.0rc17:
Can't yet speak to how well this works, but rc17 has introduced an extremely annoying bug:

Choose an existing entry in "managed," click to load the connection values into the upper pane (including the ID and password); then switch to "neighbors" and click on the MAC address or IPv6 address (as you would do when trying to debug a non-connecting CPE from the subscriber end). Winbox immediately wipes out the name and password and replaces them with "admin" and blank. It never did this before, and shouldn't be doing it now.

solaoxo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:30 pm

QQ截图20151023042804.png

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:46 am

Neither does rc12

And when I trie to download rc16 is downloads but doesn't get installed, so I'm sort of 'stuck' on rc12......

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:31 am

Hm. When I heard it was available, I went into Winbox and used the update feature, and everything worked first time.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:30 am

1) I am not saying that Winbox is not recognized as a threat in AVG. Seems that it does that on specific AVG configuration.

With default configuration I have not managed to reproduce it.

2) If Winbox update was not available at the moment yet, then most likely it was caused by cache in path from our servers to your devices. Check again. It should be available by now.

3) After multiple requests, we decided to use default admin without password if router is selected from Neighbours list. If that should not be used, then router must be saved in Managed tab.

svda
just joined

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:26 am

I would like to suggest something.

I think that it would be more comfortable if it was possible to inline error messages in the list of rules on firewall window (as you did with comments). Now, when there are many inactive rules (because of links down or etc. reason) list becomes uncomfortable to read.
1.JPG
I suggest two functions:
1. To make it possible to inline error message (globally and locally as with comments)
2. Hide (filter) lines with errors.

Thank you!

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 am

3) After multiple requests, we decided to use default admin without password if router is selected from Neighbours list. If that should not be used, then router must be saved in Managed tab.
If you are changing something users are used too for long time (like this) you should add a settings which allow to change the behavior to users who want it. I am not very happy with this change for example because I am using neighbor list to connect not only to new devices with empty password. And I will not add the devices I am just testing on my desk to the managed list (I am not using managed list at all - please delete it in next release :-) ). So I (and probably others) prefer if the password is not cleared (but old saved one remains active) when I click on a device in Neighbors list.

Thanks

kometchtech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:22 pm

What`s new in v3.0rc17:

How nice!
Personally glad that the search of SwOS of equipment has become faster.

kometchtech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:24 pm

When I Virustotal, I have been to that it does not detect any AVG.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/86e9 ... /analysis/

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:39 pm

If you are changing something users are used too for long time (like this) you should add a settings which allow to change the behavior to users who want it. I am not very happy with this change for example because I am using neighbor list to connect not only to new devices with empty password. And I will not add the devices I am just testing on my desk to the managed list (I am not using managed list at all - please delete it in next release :-) ). So I (and probably others) prefer if the password is not cleared (but old saved one remains active) when I click on a device in Neighbors list.

Thanks
I can only agree on this 1000%. Yesterday thought something was wrong in this version...every time I opened winbox my default adminname with password has gone...... Now I found it is default?
We regularly get routers back, or that are taken back end of the contract. We put them on the table, cable in, go into winbox neigbour and connect to the mac. Simple.
Or when we are testing or updating router on the desk each time disconnects and now I have to type the password each time again to get it again! This is definately not an improvement....

Now we have to change our working routing since you guys had 'many request' to go for only admin without password as default? I can't recall ever have seen such request... I am not happy, again, with a change made by you guys..... :(

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:42 pm

And now we are on the subject of changing winbox anyway:

Can't we get the mode back where a winbox session window stays on my desktop with all details even if the router disconnects?

We have so many occasions a router disconnects for whatever reason and we needed to know what the settings were. In the 'old days' we could just move the window "router is disconnected" aside to still read most of the info of the router.
Now it just disconnects to leave a blank window. Very irritating at times and I don't see the reason for this behaviour......

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

We will revert change which set credentials to admin without password.

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Yes, please. I would like to say that I got empty password box each time I start the Winbox RC17 - even if previous session was used with manually entered password. (I am using [X] Keep password).

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Yes please. Now its very annoying.

Any change to say something about my other remark? (Closing windows on disconnect...)

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Yes please. Now its very annoying.

Any change to say something about my other remark? (Closing windows on disconnect...)
+1

I am reposting updated list of problems/wishes I sent formerly after RC9 version was released:

UI discomforts/errors
  • CR (Enter) not working properly in initial dialog
    Start Winbox, type IP pres <CR> - nothing happen. It should connect (much faster than using mouse to activate the Connect button). Funny thing is that when connection attempt is cancelled using „Cancel“ button and IP edit box is focused the <CR> starts a new connection attempt
  • Non-persistent winbox window
    when Winbox loses connection to remote radio it's window disapears silently. Often I have some information in the window I would like to see (just created spectral scans, information from the box I can (re)use - and they can be totally lost because it could happen I can never see them again - lost connection to the radio when something odd happens)
  • Blocking file copy
    when a file (new ROS) is being copied to the station using Winbox I cannot access anything on the remote radio. Winbox 2.x allowed this. So I could see some thing I forgot to check before the file transfer was started. I even could inspect cached values when connection was lost and the 'termination confirmation' dialog was shown.
  • MAC ping reusing the same window
    Older Winbox allowed to use multiple MAC Ping windows from an AP
  • Remembered password problem/confusion
    Winbox 3 doesn't remember the correct password. I use 'Keep password' but often I have to retype the password even if I connect to a radio which has the same password as the one I connected before it. Maybe I didn't understand the sessions or maybe it is not working. The winbox offers often bad (not the last used one) password. Note: We heavily use Winbox started from browser via helper utility which is associated with browser. This way is working (the helper utility sends username and password via command line to winbox). But when winbox is invoked manually it often uses unknown passwords (not the last one used when winbox was started manually last time). Winbox 2.2.18 had no such problem.
  • Communication is not send through proper interface
    when you have multiple NICs (even virtual ones) Winbox tends to send the discovery packets (and the communication packets too) through only one interface (often the improper one). I have 2 nics in the PC and some Virtual box related virtual NICs and using the Winbox in this situation is a pain. Even o notebook I have to disable Wifi interface to be able to connect to or discover MT device on ethernet.
    Send the discovery to all interfaces and the communication to proper ones or allow us to select the interface.
    Update: latests versions seem to improve the discovery and realiability of MAC sessions. Although I still have to use notebook instead of desktop PC to be able to connect some times.
  • Terminal window problem
    editing commands which don't fit one line tends to cause problems with displaing the line properly.
Wishes
  • Get rid of the DLLs downloaded from target box
    replace them by definition files. After it you can create Linux version of Winbox more easily.
  • BW test predefined parameters
    IP/test type/tcp connection count/admin/password. It would speed up general connection testing.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Yes, I forgot to mention that very annoying issue too, the "blocking file copy" as dada calls it.

Indeed, in the old day while transferring files (for upgrade) to the router in the mean time I could still open and manage other menu and submenu windows... now everything it 'frozen' and I have to wait until the upload is finished. Sometimes on poor performing CPE's and/or bad connections it can take several minutes before I can do anything on the router.....

I never knew about the 'multiple mac ping windows' on older versions but like IP ping it indeed could be useful at times....

The terminal window size indeed gives problems at times. Sometimes I have the window expand to the max but still lines are broken up to a small column.
Sometimes un 'exp' command that has long lines cannot be copied and paste into another unit because there are line breaks/enters added that are not accepted by the receiving unit. I have to blow the terminal to a size all rules are complete in one line to copy and paste into an other router, even if this new one only has a very small terminal window size...

Percanta

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi, good day. when i use winbox rc17 checking 'open in a new window' logins in unsecure mode, that is using ROS v5, when i uncheck it logins in secure mode, why this behaviour?? in ROS v6 is secure always

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:12 pm

One other annoying behaviour that sneaked in somewhere in the lines of upgrades;

In the beginning some rc versions of the loader you could edit the data in the lines under the "Managed" tab and just click "Add/Set" and it was there.
Now in many cases (not always though!???) when I click "Add/Set" that edited lines disappears where the old 'to be edited' line still exists... I have then to close the loader session and open it again and there it is! The new edited line. I then can throw away the old line...
The early release versions didn't have this but I didn't log when this odd behaviour actually became present...

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Yes, please. I would like to say that I got empty password box each time I start the Winbox RC17 - even if previous session was used with manually entered password. (I am using [X] Keep password).
hmm strange. After I checked "[x] Open in New Window" the password started to appear when I start winbox again. Even if I unchecked the "[ ] Open in New Window" again...

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:34 pm

And a feature of request, a minor one, I'd like to see is the ability to make more columns after the last "Note" column.
I'd like order and when you have a lot of routers that already are divided by a group selector then the note column is needed to make further selection.
So do I first write a name that sort of tells me what the name of the device is, than I have column made that actually tells me its main function (since similar routers can have different tasks) and last I mention some prescription about that certain device. Like where, what is connected to it, brand (if not MT!) etc.

But to line these three columns in the "Note" column is a lot of work. You have to work with spaces between the column to line them out. (And here comes the annoying of my previous post back, the new line each time disappears so I need to close and open winbox loader each time to add or remove a space.....pffff)
If I just could add some more (or you guys could add at least 2 more) columns than aligning would make my life so much easier. At the same time it creates a new sorting option by the data in that new column.

Maybe too much asked but some tasks are done so many times it really asks for better solutions...

cdemers
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Found something interesting, I have virtual box installed (5.0.4) and I am experiencing problems with winbox detection of ipv6 addresses. If I disable the virtual box host only network adapter, everything works fine. I tested this on another desktop machine and it did the same thing. But on my laptop it works fine. Windows 7 pro on desktops and Windows 10 pro on laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:51 pm

[*]Blocking file copy
when a file (new ROS) is being copied to the station using Winbox I cannot access anything on the remote radio. Winbox 2.x allowed this. So I could see some thing I forgot to check before the file transfer was started.
Like temporarily disabling "speed-limit" queueing so the file copy can complete in a reasonable time.

solaoxo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:04 pm

file.php.png

solaoxo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:05 pm

file.php.png

marcodefreitas
just joined

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Did anyone tried to connect via IPv6 with this RC?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:16 am

Any idea when this may be available for download? This is still driving me bats on a daily basis.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:29 pm

What's new in v3.0:

*) do not reset username & password when one of the routers is selected in neighbors list;

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:16 pm

What's new in v3.0:

*) do not reset username & password when one of the routers is selected in neighbors list;
I went to the downloads page at mikrotik.com and found the new version. Note that this new version is not being picked up by Check for Updates in the Tool menu of rc17. I get "There are no new updates," and the newest change log shown is for rc17.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:59 am

macsrwe - Most likely something was delayed on path to your device. As far as we know Winbox3.0 is available for direct upgrade for everyone now. Most likely it was again caused by cache.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:56 pm

While in some cases this makes sense we used to achieve that same result (default to admin with no password) with the old Winbox by unticking the "Keep Password" box.

In a network with multiple MK's all with the same password being able to have it remember the site password allowed you to use discovery and connect to any MK's it could see.

I would vote for this to be re-instated as before.

MetUys

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi,

any change for Board" (first prize) and a "Version" (just nice to have) column to be added to the Managed tab?
would be super if you needed to sort by those, especially in large lists.
We use the Group section for department/geographical grouping and the Note section for any additional notes like Identity.

BoingoNOC
just joined

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:47 pm

v3.0rc17 was supposed to fix the issue with seeing options for older rOS and it doesn't.
I do not remember how to upload an image but my previous post is still an issue.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:58 am

v3.0rc17 was supposed to fix the issue with seeing options for older rOS and it doesn't.
I do not remember how to upload an image but my previous post is still an issue.
Which menus specifically are you missing? Which RouterOS version are you connecting to?

BoingoNOC
just joined

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:41 pm

Which menus specifically are you missing? Which RouterOS version are you connecting to?
we use rOS versions 2.x to 6.x
any version below 6.x there are menu options that do not display in Winbox v3.0
if I could add an image I would show you, there are many that are not available.

Example:

IP/Hotspot

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:03 am

we use rOS versions 2.x to 6.x
any version below 6.x there are menu options that do not display in Winbox v3.0
if I could add an image I would show you, there are many that are not available.

Example:

IP/Hotspot
I think this is another report of this problem from back in March.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:32 am

There is a new topic for this discussion:

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=101949