Community discussions

MikroTik App

accelwireless
just joined
Topic Author

RB2011iL after upgradeing router OS to 6.27 from 6.09 Health status not working??

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:45 am

We got this unit installed at a remote site using solar and could issue health command and get Voltage info we upgraded to the latest OS from Mikrotik Website 6.27. Now the unit does not have the HEALTH option in winbox or web GUI?

From terminal prompt I can enter health command but it does not show any voltage or health status like it did before it does not give any errors?

What happened everything else appears correct. I have not tried to force a download for fear of corrupting something and having unit become inoperable on a production unit.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RB2011iL after upgradeing router OS to 6.27 from 6.09 Health status not working??

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:51 am

We got this unit installed at a remote site using solar and could issue health command and get Voltage info we upgraded to the latest OS from Mikrotik Website 6.27. Now the unit does not have the HEALTH option in winbox or web GUI?
Are you absolutely sure about this? I just tried logging into 2 RB2011iL routers that we have in production: one running 6.1, and one running 6.5 (so, both of which are older than the 6.9 you upgraded from). Neither one provides health information. (The 6.5 router does show a Health menu in Winbox, but shows a Voltage of 0.0.)

If you look at the product page for the RB2011iL, you can see that it shows "Voltage Monitor: No" in the specs list. I am certain that the only 2011 models that have voltage and CPU temp monitors are the UAS/UiAS models. None of the L/LS/iL/iLS models ever did.

So is it possible that you have a 2011UiAS at your site, and not a 2011iL? If you have an iL, I'm not sure how it ever worked for you. You could certainly try downgrading to 6.9 again...it's fairly easy. Maybe you have a rare iL board that somehow has voltage monitoring, and later versions of RouterOS just assume that all iL boards don't have it? (Very unlikely, but I'm grasping at straws...)

-- Nathan

accelwireless
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB2011iL after upgradeing router OS to 6.27 from 6.09 Health status not working??

Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Positive because we were monitoring voltage before we upgraded to 6.27.