Community discussions

MikroTik App

jirif
just joined
Topic Author

[BUG] Configuration corruption and device softbrick (v6.24-v6.28rc)

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Mikrotik

I decided to move from 6.5 to 6.27 all my devices (1100AHX2). I have found some MAJOR issues (configuration corruption and device softbrick)upgrading to latest ROS (atm 6.27 stable). To replicate this issues i setup testing enviroment by using huge ammount of queue tree entries (about 2000). I using /import command for importing testing configuration. First of all i started using clean instalation of v6.27. During import of configuration the import process hanged with console message:
action timed out - try again, if error continues contact MikroTik support and send a supout file (13)
after this error system stay responsible but after /system reboot it hang forever with following (rs232 console) message:
 > /system reboot
Reboot, yes? [y/N]:
y
system will reboot shortly

Rebooting...
Stopping services...
failed to stop racoon: std failure: timeout (13)
failed to stop ppp: std failure: timeout (13)
failed to stop wireless: std failure: timeout (13)
failed to stop route: std failure: timeout (13)
(it took about 15 minutes to get last line)

After hardware reset(power unpluging) the device stayed softbricked (all ethernet ports down!) only rs232 console responsible. another /system reboot did the same as before. I tried various commands include /export whish exported nothing. Only reset to default /system reset-configuration (via rs232 console) followed by hardware reset (power unpluging) made the device responsible again. Importing the script kill it again.

So i downgraded the device to my fellowed 6.5, imported testing script (all ok). Then i upgraded to 6.27. The device has not survived the reboot with the same symptoms i described before. So i decided to start bisection from v6.5 to v v6.27 and i have found than upgrade from v6.23 to v6.24 killing the device.

It exactly mean than a change in v6.24 killing my configuration. Since its associated with queue tree maybe is it this ?
*) improved queue tree parent=global performance (especially on SMP systems and CCRs);
Testing configuration has been generated by the following bash script:
#!/bin/sh
echo /queue tree remove [/queue tree find]
echo /queue tree
CNT1=1
CNT2=1
while [ $CNT1 -le 90 ]
do
    echo add limit-at=8k max-limit=30M name=p${CNT1}_d parent=global priority=5 queue=default
    echo add limit-at=8k max-limit=30M name=p${CNT1}_u parent=global priority=5 queue=default
    (while [ $CNT2 -le 10 ]
    do
        ID=$((($CNT1 * 10) + $CNT2))
        echo add limit-at=8k max-limit=20M name=${ID}_d packet-mark=pm${ID}_d parent=p${CNT1}_d priority=5 queue=default
        echo add limit-at=8k max-limit=20M name=${ID}_u packet-mark=pm${ID}_u parent=p${CNT1}_u priority=5 queue=default
        CNT2=$(($CNT2 + 1))
    done)
    CNT1=$(($CNT1 + 1))
done
The generated configuration has been loaded with command /import file-name=test.rsc verbose=yes and import hangs arround line 1130. The problem affected 3 different 1100AHX2 unit. I tested also current 6.28rc and it got screwed the same way. Lets me know if you want more info.

jirif
just joined
Topic Author

Re: [BUG] Configuration corruption and device softbrick (v6.24-v6.28rc)

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:30 am

issue has been fixed in v6.29rc10. Thanks for fast support :)
*) queue tree: some queues would stop working after some configuration changes;