Community discussions

MikroTik App

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: User Manager Feature request - sticky please?

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:18 pm

can you place a tick box beside caller id so that if the tick box is ticked user macid will be automatically placed to his caller id when he will login for 1st time & also make that box default ticked when we add new user.
It is already in our feature request list and will be implemented.

asus

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 pm

1. total numbers of result in users, A session, A Users, Advance Search

2. can you change color of disabled user in user list from grey to red

3. Advanced search profile wise

4. profiles in table column

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:47 pm

2. can you change color of disabled user in user list from grey to red
Disabled row foreground color is now configurable as style attribute.

asus

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 am

As an Internet services provider we have to deal with complaints of our users, for that we have complaints management. So, Now we have to add every users on both database MT & complain Management. So, it would be great if you can add onemore more button of complaints in which we can add complaints of our users in same database & it would be great if complaint logs are saved in user details even if they r done.

eg.
search user box:[ ]

Search Result:
userid username phone problem comment

this option will be simple & great for operator to add complaints
in problem column you can add a dropdown of complaints which is editable through parent login
like UNPLUG, RTO=requesttimeout, CONFIG, RANGE, DISCONNECTION etc & in comments we can add time or something else specified by the user on call.

when child customers will login they can check complaints & solve them they can have options like this.
Pending Complaints : 1
userid username phone problem comment engineer tickbox1 tickbox2 tickbox3

Here in place of engineer we can have dropdown
tickbox1= Checked (Engineer has visited & checked the problem)
tickbox2= Pending (User was not at home or may be work is pending more)
tickbox3= Solved (Work is done) after this complaint should be disappear from complaint list but we can check complaints in user details.

Thanks alot
:)
Last edited by asus on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:09 am

I don't think this will be made :) Let's make the general functionality working first!

asus

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:15 am

I hope & see very bright future of MT. So, just trying to make it all rounder & admin friendly :)

I hope it will be implement in future!

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:18 pm

This looks like a feature out of User Manager's scope. As it is not very easy to implement, nor very important, it will not be available in near future.

Right now you can use comment field to store user complaints. Not very convenient and advanced way of complaint tracking. But a very general way though. For example, you can store comments of two users as:
complaint="Description of a complaint" status=active
and
complaint="Description of another complaint" status=solved
You can then track all active complaints by using advanced search for users with comment is like "status=active".

asus

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 pm

I know it is not simple & it is not important but in my view more then providing internet an ISP have to give a good service like low downtime & quick services. you can search in google there r many software which are specially made for complaints like ISP ticket system & complaints management & u guys never thought about this...Gr8
atleast add a dropdown option in userdetails like comment

anyway i don't want to argument on this topic!
it was my last try to add this in ur todo list :(

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Just use a proper ticketing system (there's plenty available for free) and use the comment field to store one or more ticket references.

Felix

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 am

We can add one or a couple of new fields to a user - it is very easy to do. But how would it be different from the comment field?

Please, take into account, that many customers would like to have completely different attributes for user entries. So your suggestions should be very general to match other needs also.

We could add a custom drop down field, having values "User Category 1", "User Category 2", ..., "User Category 5". Then you can change the displayed name of categories, using translation files: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager/4/Languages . In that way these categories can be used in a general way, to divide users in different groups, by having different category names, based on particular customer needs.

If such a feature would make your work more convenient, we could possibly implement it.

We would like to hear comments from other users - would this general-purpose drop-down box be useful? Is anybody already using language support by translating the language file to a local language?

asus

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:59 pm

More csv template options
Creation Date, Renewal Date, Expiry date, Profile, Phone, IP address, Caller ID, Shared users, First name, Last name, Location, Comment & Email.

also add All in perpage option.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:18 pm

There is one issue that have not being implemented and placed in user manager. i have observed that, even if you disable a client/username, that user still counts.

let me explain myself very well.
A user logged in for 2days and inform us that he is going out for vacation and will be back in 2months time, that we should disable his account so that when he comes back he will use it and call us to activate it.

When you disable the user in Usermanager, the account still counts witout being used.

Can mikrotik work on this issue so that when an account is disabled, it stops at that time and start counting only when it becomes active again by activating it in userman.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 am

In next release user will be disconnected, when disabled. CoA Disconnect request must be used (option for each router) for it to work.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:28 am

More csv template options
Creation Date, Renewal Date, Expiry date, Profile, Phone, IP address, Caller ID, Shared users, First name, Last name, Location, Comment & Email.
It's already in our TODO list.
also add All in perpage option.
This will not be implemented due to performance reasons.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Other things i suggest mikrotik to do in user manager are as follows;

Assuming someone asked for like 1hr browsing and the account is created without any time limit, that is uptime limit is 0s. after the person must have used like 30mins and logs out, when he comes back to log in using the same username/password, the next day, it will show credit limit has reached. This also happens even when the user shuts down his computer witout loggin out from the browser. Which i thought idle time out should have solved.

I noticed another issue, why is it that if you create a user in hotspot thru winbox, and incidentally the same name is created in UM with a different password, that user cannot login with the account created in UM. Again, users created with UM displays R in front of the account when u view active usres in hotspot using winbox while the users created with winbox does not display such R.

I want Mikrotik to implement timed option in their UM, where a user can browse based on time band, Morning hours (6am - 9am), evening hours, Night and wkends so that users can choose time band that suites them.

Thanks

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Assuming someone asked for like 1hr browsing
Specify uptime limit (not credit/profile validity time) in this case.
if you create a user in hotspot thru winbox, and incidentally the same name is created in UM with a different password, that user cannot login with the account created in UM.
That's how it is designed - first local HotSpot user table is checked, if user is found there, no request is sent to User Manager.
I want Mikrotik to implement timed option in their UM, where a user can browse based on time band, Morning hours (6am - 9am), evening hours, Night and wkends so that users can choose time band that suites them
That's already available in version 4.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Assuming batch of users are to be created or generated and printed, is there an option to make it available to all generated users.

Is it possible to only upgrade/update the UM package in MT without updating/upgrading the whole OS or packages. Can someone downgrade the UM back to its old version without loosing all the data in the UM.

I want Mikrotik team to also implement the import/export option in UM so that transfer of database is made easy in MT.

Thanks

asus

Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:09 pm

One more option request in user Private information now we have phone option in user it would be great if we have mobile options also coz when sms notice & warning system will be implemented in future there are few numbers which doesn't accept sms like landlines phones etc. so for sms we can use mobile option.

Thanks.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:57 pm

can someone only upgrade the user manager package alone without upgrading other packages and still retain the data in the user manager. Will downgrading still make it possible not to lose the data created in UM, I am asking because of the issues with v4.0 before it is rc

Please, i need an urgent response to this question.

thanks

masked
just joined

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:09 pm

support for the ability for profiles to exist for set period of days, not uptime. eg. 512k/128k 5gb 1 month. please let me know if i've overlooked this functionality.

and new user account creation via the portal of course.

asus

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 am

can you put total number of users in Users Button?? like in A session Button & add 2 more buttons below Users.

100 Users
80 A Users = Enabled Users
20 D Users = Disabled Users

& total numbers of search result in search button.

can we search date wise instead of page numbers in sessions & users sessions

Thanks

skye1

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 pm

can you place a tick box beside caller id so that if the tick box is ticked user macid will be automatically placed to his caller id when he will login for 1st time & also make that box default ticked when we add new user.
It is already in our feature request list and will be implemented.
Is there an estimated implementation time for this feature?

Also it would be very useful that this feature could extend to self sign ups. Example:
User views hotspot portal, user elects to pay for access. User performs sign up process. User submits payment, payment accepted, user directed to login, user logs in and MAC is recorded and associated with user account,
If MAC auth is selected as option on hotspot, now as MAC is associated with user account, user is no longer prompted for [name/password] until time runs out or if MAC changes, this would solve some other issues and perhaps create a couple, but the usefulness of this feature would be awesome.

bimwilly
just joined

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:18 pm

hello,
user manager is great, i use box 2.9.27. but my user manager does not have days of expiry for each ticket or batch i try to generate, is there soution for this .
pls forum let me know whats up.
God bless Mikrotik

asus

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 am

permanent simple queue graph of users in userpage & a popup button beside show session in owner login user details to check user usage graph. :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:26 am

hello,
user manager is great, i use box 2.9.27. but my user manager does not have days of expiry for each ticket or batch i try to generate, is there soution for this .
pls forum let me know whats up.
God bless Mikrotik
you use an ancient version. buy a license and install v4 where all the new features are in

beny30
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi all

I just tried User Manager it looks good but could not find Caller ID when I tried to add any user, I tried RouterOS in x86 with 4.1 v 0 licence level, is there it or I am wrong? I would like to ask you if there is any way to redirect user that spent their credit at any page or it is not possible to tell them that they need to pay for extended time or just to get them disconected?

Thanks in advance!

asus

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 am

when user switch profiles & login we are unable to check which profile he was using before so i request to add actual profile column in sessions, A sessions, show session in user details & user page session.

also remove router Ip & add Download, Upload, Uptime in user page

asus

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 am

a small request in advance search dropdown option for actual profile search

Thanks

kolinsb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:17 pm

1) limit per day. one user can download 200MB per day, not more.... 200Mb another day etc.
2) more profiles attached on one user. example: i wanna set 1Mbps speed in time interval 00:00-00:06, and another speed 2Mbps in time interval 00:06-00:00

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:23 am

Hello
I want to ask one more thing too if its possible.

We are giving wireless client devices to clients to connect to our antennas for for some time, if user will not pay for 1 month we are going and taking this client device from him.

1. is it possbile to see in reports how long client didnot payed, or when he payed for last time?
2. we are selling internet local speed 2mbps and 512 global speed for 10 usd.
When i am limiting user i limit local speed from userman but global from router using queues which i am creating manualy.

Global speed queue rule is . i am adding all local IP addresses to paket mark and passthrough no and last packet mark is 0.0.0.0/0 wich is global.

is it possible to add this rule to usermanager profile, or creat this profile in user manager?

asus

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:04 am

can we make our custom login page for UM admin & userpage? using html or php????

e.g.
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26609

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:35 pm

if you create a user in hotspot thru winbox, and incidentally the same name is created in UM with a different password, that user cannot login with the account created in UM.
That's how it is designed - first local HotSpot user table is checked, if user is found there, no request is sent to User Manager.
I want Mikrotik to implement timed option in their UM, where a user can browse based on time band, Morning hours (6am - 9am), evening hours, Night and wkends so that users can choose time band that suites them
That's already available in version 4.
I am runung UM v4.4 but cant get this features! gone the manual but finding difficult. Where exactly is this features? Credits, Users, Customers etc?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:56 pm

JP_Wireless, make sure you are running the user manager test package. All new functions should be there.

asus, currently there is no too much you can change at User Manager login page.

Gareth
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Can the user manager log be kept in a separate file, visible in Winbox's file list, that can then be easily deleted. Deleting hundreds of thousands of entries with the methods described on this forum takes forever and is extremely unfunny. :?

Rabbit
just joined

Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Would it be possible to set the sign-up page by default to the trial user? Then when trial over give the option of purchasing a plan / profile?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue May 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Gareth, thank you for the suggestion (we have similar ideas about it), currently you cannot do it, perhaps it will be possible in the future.

Rabbit, add signup link to the login page, the current way how to move trial user to signup.

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

Hello
we are using our own software which is writen on PHP, this software is for help desk, and it adds users automaticaly when help desk adds it in our software, we want to update to usermanager test but new usermanager doesnot support this command
too user-manager user add-credit

are you going to implement it in new user man?

celestius
just joined

Sat May 22, 2010 1:45 am

Subscription Profiles Feature Request

I opened up a separate thread about our interest in having profiles that automatically renew/charge at the end of their cycle here:

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40880

I'm curious to see if other users are interested in this feature so if you have not already done so please view the page and vote on the poll.

Thanks!

rubence
just joined

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 pm

usermanager can do time-limit and traffic amount limit.

when user login his page he can see how much time (i.e, time-limit) he is given.

but he cant see how much traffic he is given (i.e, trffic-limit) .

is there any option to show the user how much traffic limit he is given, so that he can calculate his future use.

multipath

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Would it be possible to add an option to use the subscription monthly billing feature of paypal and still have the regular one time paypal purchases?

springlandswifi
just joined

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:22 am

Hi All,

The feature that I would really love to be added to the user CLI/API is the profile being about to be set to the user

Come on Guys at Mikrotik, I would be easy for you very talented guys to do and it would some many of it MISP's happy

Please advise when it is going to be fixed.

Mark
Springlandswifi.thruhere.net

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:13 pm

tool to convert *.UMB database from previous version to actual

bawolek
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi
i think its will be very usefull to add "local adress list" parameter to User Manager/Users for example in my network I have UM on border router with QoS and limitation based on PCQ and adress lists of clients,
but address lists I use for filtering, redirect to any web pages and many diferent things on this border router. will be great if i can use something to add "remote IP to" address list on the same router with "user menager"

for this moment user menager sent "adress list" to radius client but this client only terminating pppoe sesion

I hope that everyone understands what I mean

PS this is a big problem to add this add on for UM ?