Community discussions

MikroTik App

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

User Manager Feature request - sticky please?

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi

First off let me say thank you for the User Manager product. We are using it actively in our network and even as a beta we are highly impressed with it.

Will it be possible to include the capability to create and edit unlimited credit accounts? What I want to do is create accounts for PPPOE customers using the rate limit feature, but I want different levels of rate limiting at different prices. Currently as I see it you can only do this by setting a time limit as well.

Thanks
David

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:05 pm

We will add that to the todo list.

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:33 pm

Thank you kindly!

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:57 am

I think it might be on the todo list but I would like it if you could use 2 or more usermanagers on a network and they can be backups for each other, updating each others userlists.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:54 am

I think it might be on the todo list but I would like it if you could use 2 or more usermanagers on a network and they can be backups for each other, updating each others userlists.
we have thought about that, but we still researching all that. First we will try to finish the usermanger and then we will start to look on the more advanced features :wink:

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:19 pm

This might be a long shot but here goes: Any chance of having a feature where you could specify a clients MAC address in the User Manager user setup and then have a particular highsite authenticate the MAC address and dynamically add it into the Wireless Access List?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:43 am

This might be a long shot but here goes: Any chance of having a feature where you could specify a clients MAC address in the User Manager user setup and then have a particular highsite authenticate the MAC address and dynamically add it into the Wireless Access List?
why do you need to add it dynamically to the access list if you are doing radius MAC authentication for wireless clients?

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:50 am

savagedavid wrote:
why do you need to add it dynamically to the access list if you are doing radius MAC authentication for wireless clients?
I was not aware that you could use User Manger to do MAC authentication. Is this possible? Because that would solve a significant headache of mine.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:38 am

savagedavid wrote:
I was not aware that you could use User Manger to do MAC authentication. Is this possible? Because that would solve a significant headache of mine.
Yes. In place of username specify the MAC address...

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:21 pm

Thanks - I will try that out

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:04 pm

Next feature request:

Could you include the IP address field in the Users display so that we could quickly check what IP is assigned to a user without having to open that specific users profile up?

Perhaps a more long term feature would be the ability to choose what fields are displayed on the Users menu.

Thanks
David

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 pm

thanks for the new feaures in 2.9.29.

I would like a add button somewhere on the default page. You either have to go to the users page or search for something to get an add button at the bottom.

Great Program!!

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:55 am

Could you include the IP address field in the Users display so that we could quickly check what IP is assigned to a user without having to open that specific users profile up?
We are not planing to do that, becuase the IP address is contected with the session and not with the user. And if we would try to make some kind of workaround - we could see the IP address only for the active users.

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:05 am

-------------
Special thanks for Uldis Development and MT Team,

Yes, we are running USERMAN as Radius-Server and MT Router as Radius-Client to make AAA hotspot and pppoe with one interface and difference subnet work fine, just hope for next version:

1. Web interface friendly customize, i didn't see where now that files.
2. Log with optional, to many logs 'unauthe..' tryed and logged to disk.

again, thanks for your hard work :wink:

regards
Hasbullah.com
--------------

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:17 am

A few more requests please:

1. Could you include the fields for phone, location and email address in the main User Add area. I see you can access this through the individual user logon and command line, but not the main User Manager application

2. This might be many releases down the line, but an option to add custom fields would be awesome.

3. An option to copy an existing user profile to new one, or even better a way to setup a user "template" that new users could be created from, e.g. with custom rate limits, uptime limits etc.

Once again thanks for a great product.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:48 pm

A few more requests please:

1. Could you include the fields for phone, location and email address in the main User Add area. I see you can access this through the individual user logon and command line, but not the main User Manager application

2. This might be many releases down the line, but an option to add custom fields would be awesome.

3. An option to copy an existing user profile to new one, or even better a way to setup a user "template" that new users could be created from, e.g. with custom rate limits, uptime limits etc.

Once again thanks for a great product.
1. Will be added to the next version
2. and 3. we will add to the future feature list. Most likely the 3. will be implemented faster than the 2.

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:10 pm

Excellent - I cant wait.Thanks uldis!

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:01 pm

-----------
Hai, all

nice record, and look..look...this link:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?p=48532#48532

regards
Hasbullah.com
------------

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:58 pm

Next feature request please:

A way to group sets of users for easy sorting. E.g. I would have one set of users where MAC address is username that authenticates against access list, and another where i generate hotspot user vouchers. A way to place these different entry types in different groups (folders?) would be very useful.

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:23 am

Thanks for the updated version - it is getting better all the time.

Next request please: Would there be any way to include a comment field in the User Manager user settings that would appear as a comment in Mikrotik when that user is authenticated (e.g. in pppoe interfaces or wireless registration)?

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:53 am

Possibility to have 2 or more addresses groups with diferent speed limits

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:25 am

Explain some more please?

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Explain some more please?
when i need to limit speed 2048/4096 (overseas/local) for 5 user(group 1),
256/512 for 50 user (group 2), 1024/2048 for 15 users (group 3) and 512/1024 95 (group 4)
i need to mark packet/connecton (that's easy)
but when i set speed for up/down fast is to choice group
not to make queues for overseas/local

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Maybe there will be grouping in a later version but perhaps for now you could use a prefix (e.g. group1- ; group2- ) etc then run a mangle based on the prefixes.

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:08 pm

If it is posible then how ?

this can http://www.ipacct.com have 15 groups

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:32 am

If it is posible then how ?

this can http://www.ipacct.com have 15 groups
First go do the research then ask how. You will more likely get help if you at least get a basis to ask questions from.

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:35 am

Next request 1:

Ability to daily mail users their usage stats based on the email field in User Manager. I could write a script to do this, but it would be nice to provide the option for users to set this up themselves.

Next request 2:
Ability to run script when a users download amount is exceeded

voip4life
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:24 pm

Can the usermanager handle multiple timed billing profiles, i.e. by the minute, hourly, daily, etc. so a person could buy any item x at any qty. So you could set up a 10 min. free account, a $5 daily account, and a $20 weekly account or whatever you wanted to charge?

How about the ability to have different portal pages for virtual AP's with different policies. Say you want to have a free low-speed service available to all users, and then a faster service for those who want to pay for it. The free virtual ap has a welcome screen with aup, the secure AP has credit card access with faster speeds.

Is there a simple way for the customer to view their current usage info, bandwidth, time online or whatever, that they could easily access even if they logged out or turned their computer off and then wanted to get back to it later (popups usually get shutdown).

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:33 am

Can the usermanager handle multiple timed billing profiles, i.e. by the minute, hourly, daily, etc. so a person could buy any item x at any qty. So you could set up a 10 min. free account, a $5 daily account, and a $20 weekly account or whatever you wanted to charge?
Yes it can
How about the ability to have different portal pages for virtual AP's with different policies. Say you want to have a free low-speed service available to all users, and then a faster service for those who want to pay for it. The free virtual ap has a welcome screen with aup, the secure AP has credit card access with faster speeds.
You can use Virtual AP's in Hotspot for this
Is there a simple way for the customer to view their current usage info, bandwidth, time online or whatever, that they could easily access even if they logged out or turned their computer off and then wanted to get back to it later (popups usually get shutdown).
User Manager has a user stats section.

These are all already available features. Please check the documentation on http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager

yusabdu
just joined

Please include this

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:58 pm

I want you Guys in Mikrotik to include a feature in usermanger that will allow the creation of credit that will allow login in some special time like say Sun,mon,tue,wed,thur,fridayand sat from 9:00am to 9:00pm daily.

iron4umx
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:13 am

I am falling in love with MIKROTIK :oops: ........ It makes my heart melt¡¡¡¡... out of all the places in the world... I definetly have to visit Latvia (The home of Mikrotik) Maybe I could have a date with this Miraculous Linux Box :wink:

tomas
just joined

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:05 pm

Can u include Simultaneous-Use feature like in FreeRadius.Thank u.

Hellbound
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:17 pm

can we have multiple userman synchronization? and backup server if it is down and etcetera?
I need two or more userman server in my network.

thanks

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:05 pm

can we have multiple userman synchronization? and backup server if it is down and etcetera?

thanks
in future we will have it, but first we need to finish the main features of the usermanager and after that we could start to work features like this.

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Hellbound wrote:

thanks

in future we will have it, but first we need to finish the main features of the usermanager and after that we could start to work features like this.
Thanks Uldis

This has been raised as a big concern by a lot of my customers who have deployed Usermanager. Load balancing and backup server functionality would add massive value to this product.

ofasa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi,

Can you add uptime-limit and up/download-limit to batch user creation? Also can you add these attributes to credits too?

Thanks.

yusabdu
just joined

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:23 pm

Please Mikrotik Guys try and include time options in user manager

danielillu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:28 pm

Two feature requests:
Double condition to disable accounts:
- When uptime expires
- When has passed X period (1w, 1d, 1m) sincs user first login or account creation.

Plans/user profiles.
Create user profiles for, when adding a user, just selecting the correct profile all values become set by default: rate limits, uptime, airtime...

For the rest, when you become comfortable with "userman's style", it's correct to use.

Also, but I think its more diffciult or less prioritaire, could be possible to integrate it in winbox? to have a full view of all customers, subscribers and clients and editing them as God could do (mybe root, better :P).

iron4umx
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:51 pm

Yes, I totally agree, User Manager Needs expiration Date for Customers.

Rigth now, the customer only gets billed by his uptime, but there is no way to bill him for lets say one month of service.

So far that is the most notisable thing User Manager is Lacking.

Best Regards:

James Edward Sowell Escoth.

uol-vnet

FEATURE REQUEST--FOR USERMANAGER

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:18 pm

want you Guys in Mikrotik to include a feature in usermanger that will allow the creation of credit that will allow login in some special time like say Sun,mon,tue,wed,thur,fridayand sat from 9:00am to 9:00pm daily.

Hi all ,

I am not sure that the mikrotik people are not taking this topic important or it is not that much usefull , but so far i have seen in the most
software based billing & usermanagement system these two option

1. Provision to provide service based on Day/Night shiftwise
2. Sending instant messege to any active user through a seperate
module/java based , so that admin can send any messege to the user
at any moment regarding any technical/billing or greetings.

I feel like these two options are really important coz anyone could sell
their unused night time bandwidth at a cheaper rate than the day time .

And the other option is sending messege to the client is very much important for the customer care depertment to keep in touch with the
user and for the billing dept. as well.

So, i will be waiting for a positive answer from the MT people soon.

xbaha
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:05 am

when batching users, could you make the username/password in a format that i want, i.e. i want them all to be only numbers of 8 chars length.

thanks.

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

EXPIRATION DATE

Tue May 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Refardless of Uptime, a username to be disactivated (expired) after specified amount of time.

For example:

username: test
Uptime: 10h
Expires: 1 month

So the user "test" will only have 10h of uptime limit to be used in a month. After a month his account will expire.

Moreover, if uptime is specified as "0s" than he has unlimited uptime credits but his account will expire in 1 months.

Note: Not only Usermanager, but Mikrotik hotspot Local User DB also urgently needs an expiration date feature.

pjulian
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 02, 2007 5:29 pm

Any progress on the redundancy for user manager ?
We to require this functionality urgently, we thought that when the database save and load was released that it would allow you to save from one machine and load to another machine, however the users statistics such as uptime and usage don't come across, and I would think that those things are what would mostly be needed to facilitate a backup server function.
What if the router crashes ?, if you saved the DB and then restored it after a rebuild of the router you would have set all of the accounts back to zero and every account would get their whole access allocation again.

Regards
Paul

pjulian
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 02, 2007 5:42 pm

My apologies, it does seem to come across, it just doesn't seem to be reliable. Sometimes when using a script to do the save and load it doesn't save, or it doesn't load fully.

Any suggestions guys ?

Regards
Paul

markto1970
just joined

Re: User Manager Feature request - sticky please?

Wed May 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi All,

Think Mikrotik Rules. User Manager looking good, Could u please add being able to charge based on Data usage :D

Mark O

chengbo
just joined

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:58 pm

Expire date limit

phil@nowires.com.au

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:12 pm

It would be very handy to be able to apply rate limits to users that signed up by the automatic signup page.

An option in "customers -> signup options" to apply the rate limit to each user as they signed up would be ideal.

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:37 am

In the interest of ensuring that as many aspects as possible are covered, here are some of the options I believe would be good.

- Metering downloads and uploads (one or both)

- Allowance for "plan" style quota's or non-expiring data packages
(example account types: 10gb per month for 12 months with no data rollover, or purchase data whenever required with data rollover)

- unmetered sites by IP or Domain (somewhere to add these in per router would be good)

- On peak and off peak quota's

- roaming and single-location accounts

Cheers,
Andrew

Giepie

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:25 am

Hi All!

I studied this feed and came up with some suggestions and a couple of features I feel all WISP's have the need to.

*** 1 ***
First of all I would like to quote David Savage and Uldis:
We are not planing to do that, becuase the IP address is contected with the session and not with the user. And if we would try to make some kind of workaround - we could see the IP address only for the active users.
I understand the problem. My solution/suggestion for this is the following: Why not display a user's LAST IP and MAC? Obviously this will not be displayed under the ACTIVE USERS or ACTIVE SESSIONS pages unless the user is logged in. Under the USERS PAGE (where you add and modify user accounts), you should be able to see in one line: >username >combined traffic usage >last IP address >last MAC address.
The above is really essential for many people I know, as the IP is how we determine where the client is connected to. Just imagine companies with 200 high sites.

If the LAST IP idea won't work, is it not possible to at least let Usermanager display which NAS/Router last authenticated the user?

Please keep in mind that in certain cases a username will be used at more than one place (users stealing bandwidth eg). It would be ideal to see the MAC, High Site/NAS/Router, and IP address of each active session and the LAST IP.

The above gives me reason to nominate another feature request. Make it possible to customize the default layout of all pages. Some businesses like WISP's are more interested in users' usage, their IP's and MACs etc, where Hotspot Businesses would perhaps rather want to see fields like "Prepaid".

*** 2 ***
I would like to quote David Again:
Next request 1:

Ability to daily mail users their usage stats based on the email field in User Manager. I could write a script to do this, but it would be nice to provide the option for users to set this up themselves.

Next request 2:
Ability to run script when a users download amount is exceeded
I fully agree with both his requests, with possible add-on's:
Request 1:
It would be nice to do this from within Usermanager, with the ability to do email pre-selected fields such as usage etc. No use mailing a client in which IP pool they are for instance. Also the ability to add your company logo and signiture would be nice.

Request 2:
I really have a need for this. The ideal scenario would be to have a choice where either a script can be executed upon reach of traffic limit, or where the user will be disabled (not deleted), or the user's profile will be changed to X profile. Once it's the start of a next month, ideally the user should be reverted to the settings before this script was run. (scenario for this would when a user gets capped at say 5GB traffic, the account is put in a "capped" profile for the rest of the month. Once the new month starts, the user is automatically set back to their original profile)

*** 3 ***
This request I have already mentioned above, but would like to focus more attention to it:
The ability to let User Manager automatically reset a user's traffic usage stats upon the end of the month. There still has to be some sort of record, for when either you or the client logs in to /userman or /user, previous months' usage could be seen.

*** 4 ***
The ability to disable, enable or delete a user with a note for why.

*** 5 ***
The ability to make notes per client. It would be VERY useful to have a place where notes could be made which will act as reminders. I suggest two different kinds of notes: 1) A note which will only be displayed for this month (eg: user will pay early next week) 2) A note which will be repeated every month (eg: This user always pay the 10th of the month and they listen to streaming radio all the time)

*** 6 ***
This has been covered in other posts, and I also mailed Mikrotik Support with regards to it, but I would seriously request it again:
Due to the growing features of User Manager and more data/information to be logged, disk space is slowly but surely becoming a huge problem. I have been told this could be fixed by using a syslog server. The only problem is that a syslog server will only record logs, not some of my other feature requests such as point 5. If it could be possible to have a dedicated harddrive specifically meant for logs, it would be PERFECT.

*** 7 ***
Groups!
It was also requested else ware before, but I would like to refocus attention to it.

It would really make many people's life's a whole lot easier if this could be done:

Create groups based on Traffic Allowance, Speed limit, Burst Limit, Burst Time, IP Pool etc.

Let's take this example:
Company X has 3 packages they sell: 1) 64kbps burst to 512kbps with 2GB combined traffic usage 2) 128kbps burst to 1024kbps with 4GB combined traffic 3) 256kbps burst to 4048kbps with 10GB combined traffic.

Without a profile based screen, only someone with some IT knowledge can add new users. The ideal scenario would be to let your company's accountant be able to add users, by simply selecting the user's package, user name and password, and also be able to disable or enable the user.

*** 8 ***
One final request:
This has a little to do with David's request with regards to MAC User Authentication. It would be very useful, but not critical, to limit a user name/password to only work from a specified MAC address.

Thank you for everyone taking the time to read this lengthy post.

Regards, Giepie :lol:

darvader
just joined

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:12 pm

u guys at mikrotik should increase the number of vouchers printed per page. 3 per page is too small, it wastes paper. thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:46 pm

yes, it's on the "todo" list

channingzou
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:03 am

hi, if you dont like this post or in worng place ,remove it please!
will you consider use user manager make billing gateway like wirelessorbit.com It's a 1 time charge of $20 and you can put as many hotspots as you want on the server,,I could pay $50 for 1 time charge.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:39 am

MikroTik Router provides you with unlimited HotSpot routers support for every level User Manager is available.

Giepie

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:11 am

Hi all

It's month end, invoices needs to be sent out, logged into User Manager, exported all users to a CSV file, sent it to the accountant to bill users according to their usage, and voila, NO USAGE STATISTICS! OUCH!

Is there any way, or will it be implemented, that the stats could be exported so you can bill the client according to their usage?

This is rather critical, as I'll now have to manually do it.

Has someone ever tried writing a script to clear a client's usage stats the last day of the month, and export that month's stats to a CSV?

Regards, Giepie

itatwork
just joined

Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:15 pm

Giepie, that's something I would like to implement but haven't seen any way of doing it yet.

Feature Request: Show IP in Session Info on User page
We are using MAC address login for our permanent users, some clients have multiple users behind an access point so they all show as being from the same MAC address.
I'd like the user page to show "User IP" in session info the same as it does in User Manager, so the users can see which IP has used the data, at the moment there is no way to tell which IP is responsible for each session.

Session info from User Manager:
Session info from User page:

Any chance this could be added to a future release?

It would also be really handy if the User List in userman could show "First Name" "Last Name" fields, as with username set to MAC address its hard to identify which account belongs to what user

Giepie

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:21 pm

Hi itatwork!

From what I can see, your clients are behind a NAT firewall. This makes it impossible for the IP address of the client computer to pass through. Could you be slightly more specific about your network layout? Are you running a MT on the client side?

I do understand why it's impossible to show the client IP in the active session, that's why I requested the last IP address is shown. For me it is useful to see the client's last source IP, as this will tell me to which high site the client connects. At least I can still go to active sessions to find the IP.

itatwork
just joined

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 am

they aren't behind a NAT firewall, just behind a dlink access point in client mode, this makes all clients appear as having the same MAC address as the access point. If you look at the pictures i posted, there are 3 sessions with same mac address but different IP, this shows in User Manager fine, but not on the user's information page i.e. http://router_ip/user

Giepie

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:29 am

This is going a bit off topic, but here goes anyway:

Back in the day we tried something similar with Senao AP's. I used PPPoE though, but had a similar problem to yours. The big problem we had, was that only one PPPoE session behind the Senao could work at a time, though more than one can be connected.

Your problem is this, your caller-id will be seen as the MAC address of the D-Link AP, and not of the NIC of the client PC. If you could replace your D-Link with a switch/hub (hypothetically) and run a cable to the high site, you wouldn't have the problem.

I would strongly suggest making use of a RB133C on the client side. In South Africa a MT solution costs almost the same as any AP/Bridge, and you get benefits such a DHCP Server, NAT Firewall etc.

itatwork
just joined

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:29 am

Hey Giepie, I think you misunderstand, there is no probem with simultaneous connections. This is one user with multiple pc's behind a dlink ap set to client mode, so it doesn't matter that all his pc's show as being the same mac address, what i'm asking for is that the user page shows the IP field so when he logs in to check his usage he can differentiate which PC is responsible for each session, the user manager shows an ip field so it shouldn't be a major to add that field to the user page as well.

Giepie

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:39 am

Hi

Ok, now I understand what you mean. You do have a point. That would also be a good method of accounting for companies using static routing instead of PPPoE or similar. However, I think it's a limitation of the RADIUS protocol.

As far as I know, the actual accounting is done via the traffic passing through either a active PPPoE Session, PPtP Session or a queue, and not via a registered radio or interface.

Could someone with more RADIUS experience perhaps guide us in this matter?

Giepie

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:06 am

URGENT RE-REQUEST

Hi posted a request about a month ago regarding the export of user data by means of a CSV file.

When exporting client data to CSV, it exports all useless info such as Uptime Limit, Prepaid Time and Price. To a WISP all of this is completely useless (unless you run uncapped hotspots or something.) It is really crucial to all WISP's to be able to export the download and upload traffic, and especially the combined traffic.

Please add this very needed service to help WISPs with billing.

G

bluestar

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:04 pm

It will be good to add optional feature: if User Manager can chech Calling-statuin-id attribute beffore allow user to log-in.

It can be interested when dial-up users are allowed to log-in only from specific phone numbers and for ADSL
( all adsl from Huawei have specific firmware and default user guest and pass guest for PPPoE on default. Internet Service provider then only chech calling-station-id or maybe some others if username is guest and then Access-accept packet are replayed. )

Does User manager have something like calling-sation-id checking ?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:03 pm

The next 3.0 version of the User Manager will contain improvements for CSV file, there will be information about used uptime, download, upload.

Giepie

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:37 pm

This is very good news!!!

I was wondering how many RC's there has to be before the final release of UM.

Keep up the good work! G

natedogg104
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:13 am

1.Id like to see the mac-address of the client show up in the logs / traffic report
2.Be able to clik that mac address and bind it to the specific user and or ip address
3.Have the rate limit option available to be specified when your create a credit and be bound to the user when they buy it.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:29 am

1) MAC-address is shown, when appropriate authorization method is used (e.g. Wireless mac-authentication, HotSpot MAC-authentication).
3) As far as I know, you can specify rate-limit for specific user or batch,
- you need to create credit;
- create user or batch, you can specify rate-limit together with Prepaid (created credit).

Giepie

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:32 am

Hi sergejs

I think what natedogg104 was referring to, was the "caller-id" of a PPPoE, PPtP, PPP etc user. I for one would like to see that feature implemented.

Regards, Giepie

natedogg104
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 am

please add rate limit on credits , that way you can make diff speed choices at sign up )
ty

SweetSunday
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:21 pm

I second Giepie - my users are permanent via PPPoE and pay a monthly fee for a data cap and a penalty rate for MBs over the cap. Something similar to the report generator in userman which they can use to check their usage for the current month and so not incur excess MBs unless they choose to would do wonders for customer relations! (nb. as the cap is tx + rx a function giving the total for data passing both ways would be best. And perhaps a static field for their monthly limit as a reminder?)

The facility to trigger warning emails when usage hits, say, 70%, 90% and 100% of the cap would earn you my vote for a Nobel Prize.

Of course the ability to re-set usage automatically on the first of the month, or whenever, would be necessary for the email notification system.

Giepie

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:55 pm

I second Giepie - my users are permanent via PPPoE and pay a monthly fee for a data cap and a penalty rate for MBs over the cap. Something similar to the report generator in userman which they can use to check their usage for the current month and so not incur excess MBs unless they choose to would do wonders for customer relations! (nb. as the cap is tx + rx a function giving the total for data passing both ways would be best. And perhaps a static field for their monthly limit as a reminder?)

The facility to trigger warning emails when usage hits, say, 70%, 90% and 100% of the cap would earn you my vote for a Nobel Prize.

Of course the ability to re-set usage automatically on the first of the month, or whenever, would be necessary for the email notification system.
This is exactly what myself, and probably ALL WISP's in South Africa are looking for (or all the real ones anyway... )

SweetSunday
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:21 am

Not just a Nobel Prize from me - the girls on the switchboard who have to take the calls from customers annoyed because they've been billed for exceeding their limit would be queuing up to sleep with you!

natedogg104
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:21 pm

Ok this is definately needed , tie a username to a mac address that way only that user specified by mac address can get on with that username. That can help eliminate multiple logins to the same account as well as make sure that someone does share thier account with thier friends. I know ther is alredy mac login authenticaion, but its not the same as still making the user login and haveing the mac-address security. I ready utilize that feature in radius manager. Hoping we can get that added sometime soon allong with simutanious users button to specifty.

1 Simutanius Users Button to specify per user how many people can use that account
2 Mac address to username authenticaion, which ties a mac address to a username so we can control people from sharing thier accounts.

I have to say the paypal integration is what has me wanting to use usermanger over radiusmanager , but it would be nice to have the best of both worlds.

shelbywireless
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:52 am

please add rate limit on credits , that way you can make diff speed choices at sign up )
ty
Agreed. This would definitely be useful.

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:14 am

Option to "shape" download rate once a certain download limit is reached e.g. starting download rate at 128000Kbs --> after 1G of download --> shaped to 64000kbs.

I know that this can be done in scripting but begginers like me would find it much more helpful to be able to do it from userman.
Ta

Giepie

Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:56 am

Option to "shape" download rate once a certain download limit is reached e.g. starting download rate at 128000Kbs --> after 1G of download --> shaped to 64000kbs.

I know that this can be done in scripting but begginers like me would find it much more helpful to be able to do it from userman.
Ta

Hi kvan

I was wondering what exactly you are referring to. Are you thinking in terms of
(1) "capping" users once they reach their eg 1GB CAP limit, or
(2) are you referring more toward the user's active session, ie, if the user reached 100MB in the current session, shape them down from eg 512k to 256k.

According to your example (I reckon you meant 128kbps, and not 128000KBps, cause that would be 1024mbps, which is A LOT), it seems like you are referring more toward a monthly CAP.

If this is what you are referring to, I have also requested this. What would be ideal is if the user could be capped in 3 different ways.
1) Disable the user's account
2) Assign the user to a different IP pool (so you could route the user differently or apply certain queue's)
3) Change the user's rate limits and burst limits from within UM. Ideally UM should have the ability to create profiles, so you only need to change the user to a capped profile once the limit is reached.

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:11 am

It would also be really handy if the User List in userman could show "First Name" "Last Name" fields, as with username set to MAC address its hard to identify which account belongs to what user
I vote for this too!

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Giepie,
Yes you are right, I meant "capping" to a much slower speed when a certain download limit has been reached.
Also it would be great if we could setup/modify user profiles in the useman.

Znuff
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:46 am

Hi.

I would also like to have First / Last name in the User List, or at least make the fields searchable . I'm planning to switch all clients to DHCP-Radius-UserManager, but I need to be able to search them by those private fields, including LOCATION.

Please have it in version 3.0, at least. :-)

Oh, and another thing. Could those Fields be added as a comment under DHCP Leases? like First Name; Second Name; Location; Phone; Email?

Thanks.

Gromit

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 am

Is it just me or are there others that think these values should be used the other way around? The uptime-limit should define the time frame to utilize ones credit-limit.

Please correct me if I am wrong :?

voip4life
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:00 am

Or even better would be to allow us to choose which fields we want to see on the screen, as I would like to see the date the user activated but don't need to see the first or last names (or macs for that matter) because you can always click on the user and get the personal info.

Znuff
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:57 am

voip4life: depends, I'd like to see the names of my customers, not their MAC address... as I can't ask the customer "oh, so you're 00:0F:F3:3D:whatever ?"

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:19 pm

according to this post, a better searching component within Usermanager is coming....
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... ger+search

Giepie

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Is it just me or are there others that think these values should be used the other way around? The uptime-limit should define the time frame to utilize ones credit-limit.

Please correct me if I am wrong :?
All Wireless ISP's (or in South Africa anyway), doesn't really care about the uptime. Users are connected 24/7. For us it would be more useful to have a feature to automatically reset a user's usage upon the last day of each month, as we need to bill according to the amount of traffic used.

I think UM is used in two main groups, as a WISP Traffic Counter and Authentication Server, and for HOTSPOT's as a Time Counter and perhaps traffic counter/limiter.

I see more and more that HOTSPOT providers want one thing, and WISP providers prefer another.

Perhaps everyone should specify if they use UM for WISP or HOTSPOT so the Programmers can get an idea of which group needs which features.

danielillu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Perhaps everyone should specify if they use UM for WISP or HOTSPOT so the Programmers can get an idea of which group needs which features.
I'm testing UM to work on both scenarios simultaneously, as WISP with my fixed clients and as Hotspot for one-time users.
Both options don't exclude each other.

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:34 pm

For me, in RADIUS servers the most simple and core thing is the expiration dates that can be specified for each account. Whether you are a WISP or a Hotspot provider...

Giepie

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Usermanager CSV Script

Hi all

I tried writing a script to export the user database in CSV format at the end of each day. The sole purpose for this to be able to have a daily record of all clients' usage in graph form on Excel.

I can export the database for backup purposes, but that format does not contain the usage statistics.

If anyone managed to export to CSV from within CLI or Scripting tool, please share how you did it.

Regards, Giepie

SweetSunday
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:16 am

Hi Giepie.

I would find even this script useful. Could you post it in the 'Scripts' collection in the Wiki, or pm me with it please?

Thanks,

SS

Giepie

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:24 am

Hi Giepie.

I would find even this script useful. Could you post it in the 'Scripts' collection in the Wiki, or pm me with it please?

Thanks,

SS

Hi SweetSunday

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I have not created such a script, as I can't seem to export as CSV format with usage etc.

It is possible to export the database or backup script by means of a script, which I have not written yet, but should be very easy to do.

Currently I do it manually once a week, which also gives me some sort of control over clients' usage. The purpose of the CSV file is for the accountants to be able to invoice clients for their usage per GB.

Have a look at the email backup script, I'm sure you'll manage to rewrite it to backup your UM DB instead. If you still need help, I'll look into it.

Re, G

krigevr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:25 pm

Hi,

I run a WISP using User Manager for both PPPoE and one-time hotspot users.

For the PPPoE users, I'd like to keep track of my invoice numbers somehow.
Currently I'm doing it by using the Comment field under the user's attributes,
which my billing script updates each time it successfully runs.

Can ether:
a.) The comment field be added in the UM web interface or,
b.) A new field for invoices (or something similar) be made, and simply displayed (uneditable, perhaps) in web interface?

danielillu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:11 am

a.) The comment field be added in the UM web interface or,
b.) A new field for invoices (or something similar) be made, and simply displayed (uneditable, perhaps) in web interface?
I'm agree with both requests, specially first one. Why we want comments in UM -> Users if we cannot edit them through web? They are really useful, for example, to detail client's equipment or connection node.

sariao
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:08 pm

Dear All.

I have some features which is important and i need them:

1-Credit refunds, or Reversing Credit Adding transaction:
using this feature will allow you to a reverse a transaction, so incase you have charged the user by wrong plan or the user want to refund the remaining account that can be done, so what we need exactly once you press refund you have to fill 2 fields (amount, and time) the amount means how much i want the system to deduct from the user amount, and the time is how much time i want to remove.
for example:
User              From                 Till                 Session Time  Prepaid Time   Extend Time   Money 
00:01:38:13:09:92 Oct/06/2007 15:07:26 Sep/30/2008 15:07:25 9m:5s         51w:3d                       3000.00 SAR 
                                                                   Total: 51w:3d                       3000.00 SAR 
so in this scenario i want to deduct 1000 from the price and 2 weeks from total time, so i will click on refund for this user then i have to enter 1000, and 2w so the result should look like this:
User              From                 Till                 Session Time  Prepaid Time   Extend Time   Money 
00:01:38:13:09:92 Oct/06/2007 15:07:26 Sep/30/2008 15:07:25 9m:5s         51w:3d                       3000.00 SAR 
                  Oct/07/2007                                            -2w                          -1000.00 SAR
                                                                   Total: 31w:3d                       2000.00 SAR 
2-adding one more Colum to the report to mention each transaction done by whom, i mean which customer added this amount incase i have multiple customers managing same account.

3-adding prefix filter in the reports page so i can generate reports for given customer.

4-adding users template so i don’t have to set all parameters such as uptime limit and rate limit every time for each new user i add.

Best Regards.

danielillu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:00 pm

I've seen, using UserManager RC5, that when adding Batch users, the username is quite weird, as you can see (creating 3 vouchers).

VoucherPrefix-zzngn
VoucherPrefix-4dzct
VoucherPrefix-6zjxx

Could be possible to change that behaviour to instead of random username strings, have sequential usernames, which are more convenient for client and easier to track?

With this option, of course, initial sequence number should be selectable, because if I create VoucherPrefix-1....100, and a few days later I create more vouchers, they should start at least at VoucherPrefix-101 to avoid overwritings and errors.

In a sequential way, the previous usernames would be:
VoucherPrefix-1
VoucherPrefix-2
VoucherPrefix-3

Also, voucher print page, could be more "ecological" and allow to have 8-16 vouchers per page. Current vouchers (at 3voucher/page) are quite huge.

allac

Sugestion new Router OS - User Manager

Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:21 am

Please, insert the caller-Id field form (web site).

npbrasil
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sugestion new Router OS - User Manager

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:39 am

The "NAS Port ID" field control, please!

Bobo_Minky
just joined

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:34 pm

I would love the ability to add credits based on data transfer rather than time. Also can user manager be tweaked so that i could use 1M rather than 1048576 when setting up a users download/upload limit.

If these things can already be done then please forgive my ignorance and please possibley tell me how to do it.

allac

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:45 am

The exchange session database, is a new suggestion

allac

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:57 am

Change de format log file session....please!!

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:27 am

There is special thread for suggestions.

airforce1
just joined

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:58 pm

Thanks for the gr8 job.. its really a releif...
but could u add Time Based Access that manages login based on the time of the day... like 6am to 6pm for office customers and 6pm to 6am home customers...
and the number of tickets per page.... if possible make the whole ticket page editable (customizable)

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:39 am

Ta
I agree this is a big one, being able to alter tx/rx speeds relevant to the data useage vs data cap automatically. Any pointer to a script that may do this?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:58 am

There are plans to add support for WEB User-Manager interface, when you will be able to erase all logs with one click.

promind
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:13 pm

Thank you,

Is there an estimated date or release number for this update?
Are you planning to do xml/sql export to the user manager database?
How about *sql support?

voip4life
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:42 am

I know this has been requested a million times already to have customizable fields in the usermanager 'user/view' screen, and I know Mikrotik has said it will be in v3 (running rc9), but until then, is it possible to pass the username of a new hotspot user account onto the email receipt that is sent from Authorize.net to the user so that we can somehow identify them if we have billing issues since we can't see any dates, names, or email addresses in the user/view screen. It doesn't help to search either when you can't search by anything on the receipt.

I get about 1 or two per week that claim they couldn't log in and want a refund, and after a few emails back and forth to ask them their username. They always forward their receipt. I would be able to find them quickly if i had their username already (or if i could search by their name).

Also, am I the only one that would like to be able to click on the user and see the date the user signed up on?

mkbatur

Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:26 am

Multiple session!

This is very big problem..

nborson
just joined

Tue May 06, 2008 11:07 pm

This thread has several requests for "simultaneous-use" or "multiple session" support in User Manager. As far as I can tell this is not supported in 3.6 and I have not seen any reply about whether this is being considered.

What I would like is for a single user account to be able to sign in with multiple computers at the same time instead of getting an "already logged on" error.

Mikrotik and RouterOS rocks!

Nate

Hellbound
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed May 07, 2008 12:33 am

This thread has several requests for "simultaneous-use" or "multiple session" support in User Manager. As far as I can tell this is not supported in 3.6 and I have not seen any reply about whether this is being considered.

What I would like is for a single user account to be able to sign in with multiple computers at the same time instead of getting an "already logged on" error.

Mikrotik and RouterOS rocks!

Nate
create a profile in your routeros hotspot, give it a name and set it to your desired simultaneous number u need
put the profile name under GROUP in usermanager, it will work

good luck

Giepie

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi kewlkeed

I sort of agree with your statements. Apparently a new release of UM will come out one of these days with many customizable functions.

I recently discovered the power of scripting on UM. Since the GUI doesn't offer you that much, I wrote scripts as follow:
1) to send me daily bandwidth usage stats (in the form of users who reached 50%, 75%, 90% and users who got capped) via email
2) to send me and the client an email the moment the client goes up a percentage level ie he goes TO 50% or from 50% to 75 or when he gets capped
3) month-end script which sends me all clients' stats for that month sorted by their percentage used level, and once the mail has been sent, all usage will be cleared. (currently I'm clearing stats manually just incase I never get the mail). I'm working on rather creating a file output in CSV format and mail the file. If for some reason I don't get the mail (smtp server not reachable etc), I could at least copy the file manually.

These scripts I mainly got working due to a excelent scripter, qnect. I took his script and rewrote it to my needs with great success.

I really wish UM will provide more details you can edit. Currently we use the comment field as a variable to "remember" certain details. If you wish, I could past more info on these scripts. Once I'm completely done with these scripts, I'll clean them up and place them on the Wiki.

I also prefer to use one platform for everything. I even thought of using the Hotspot service, rewrite the entire HTML code in order to "host" my own accounting suite. Unfortunately I haven't done html coding for about 16 years, so I have to learn from scratch again. I reckon the ideal solution would be if MT could open up the source code for UM in MT scripting language. This way you still need a MT license, but you can do with your software as you please. Also more "variables" per user is needed, as it is difficult to "pick" info from the comment field, especially if the length isn't always the same of your values.

Re, G

heiko_s

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:07 am

Hi "G" ,
i'd like to do some scripting for Userman to get accountin infos via email.
I think very similar to that what you are doing.
Is it possible that you send me your script via email or post it here? ;o)

Many thanks in advance!

Regards
Heiko

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:11 pm

These scripts I mainly got working due to a excelent scripter, qnect. I took his script and rewrote it to my needs with great success.
I too have also adapted those scripts for our setup with excellent success. We have managed to control many aspects of usermanager and ROS etc via scritpting.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi "G" ,
i'd like to do some scripting for Userman to get accountin infos via email.
I think very similar to that what you are doing.
Is it possible that you send me your script via email or post it here? ;o)

Many thanks in advance!

Regards
Heiko
Hey Heiko In my siggy is the url to the script he uses. However he has edited his to meet his requirements, if you needs his then you will have to get it from him but if you want the original you can get it from the url below. Good luck -Jordan

P.S sorry about getting off topic.... Please make the new User-manager Wisp friendly :-D

Giepie

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi all!

I'm more than happy to post my version. Please let me know if you want mine or if the original is sufficient.

I'm still tiding up mine a bit so I could put it on the WIKI. I'm busy working on a way to remember the clients' original subscription so if you add gb's during the month, the end of month script will basically put all clients' back to their original package. I just wish UM had more variables to work with as both me and Qnect (Krige) rely on the comment field for our variables. I'm trying to make use of a CSV file and extract data to and from it, but it gets real complicated real fast.

I agree, UM needs to be made more WISP friendly!

Have a good one, G

heiko_s

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:47 pm

I too have also adapted those scripts for our setup with excellent success. We have managed to control many aspects of usermanager and ROS etc via scritpting.
Hi airstream,
unfortunatly there's no possibility to sen PN's in this forum.
I'm searching for a job in NZ - maybe you've some usefull advices for me ?
If you like to, you can send me a email to heiko_s(at)gmx.de

Sorry for getting really OFF TOPIC ;o)

I'll give the script a try - hope i'll get it to work for us!
Thanks for your greatr support!

Regards Heiko

Giepie

Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:16 am

Hi Airstream

Would you mind sharing your version? Perhaps we could learn from each others' scripts!

I'll trim mine a bit over the weekend and post asap!

G

heiko_s

Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:27 pm

I took a look on the scripts yesterday and tried to adadept it for our needs.
After fighting a bit with the script editor ant the scripting host, i got a "fastshot" up and running.

Can anybody say why there is no syntax highlighting in the editor an why you don't get ANY information why a script isn't running?
:wink:
Is there a hidden feature to get debug informations ?

Regards and wish you a nice sunday!
Heiko

Giepie

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Can anybody say why there is no syntax highlighting in the editor an why you don't get ANY information why a script isn't running?

Heiko
Hi Heiko

Unfortunately there is no debugger or syntax highlighting in the editor. I have also requested the syntax highlighting feature, as it's already working in MT3.x CLI. I debug by hashing out certain lines (put a # on the left of a newly added line) and remove the hashes till I find the problem.

You can also test your lines in the CLI and by using tabs (press the tab key) to see your valid entries.

G

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Heiko
Hi Heiko

Unfortunately there is no debugger or syntax highlighting in the editor. I have also requested the syntax highlighting feature, as it's already working in MT3.x CLI. I debug by hashing out certain lines (put a # on the left of a newly added line) and remove the hashes till I find the problem.

You can also test your lines in the CLI and by using tabs (press the tab key) to see your valid entries.

G
I have used /log info "script working untill this point"

and that will give you a rough idea of where it is running to untill it stops. However i used this in the 3.X should work in 2.9.X but not sure. Good luck. -Jordan

Giepie

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:59 pm

I also use log entries, and specify variables so I can see the variables's actual values at that time eg:

:log info "The A variable's value is: $a and B Variable's value is $b"

This is extremely useful when working with foreach, while, etc loops

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:11 am

Hi all
I also use log entries, and specify variables so I can see the variables's actual values at that time eg:

:log info "The A variable's value is: $a and B Variable's value is $b"

This is extremely useful when working with foreach, while, etc loops
Indeed this is the best way to troubleshoot scripts

Hi Airstream

Would you mind sharing your version? Perhaps we could learn from each others' scripts!

I'll trim mine a bit over the weekend and post asap!

G
Sure, I have a few helpful scripts I can share as well as backwards compatible 2.9 versions.

I think these should have new threads, this one is for Feature requests for the Usermanager.

Giepie

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:23 am

Could you post them on the WiKi and place the direct links here? Then we go back to the original topic again!

Sorry guys!

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:52 am

I asked in http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25618 if it is possible to set User Manager to provide differenrt IP for client who connects in different segments of router network and it seems it is not possible.

So I suggest feature:

1) let User Manager give different IP regarding which segment of routed network user is connected to, ro

2) let MT use DHCP server assigning IP's without User Manager but that it may check in User Manager if MAC requesting IP is authorised to get an IP. If mac is authorised, then DHCP should assing IP as provided in local DHCP leases and mark it as approved by User Manager. If not, it should decline assigning IP to the client, or assign dynamic IP form other pool.

Giepie

Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:25 am

Hi pedja

In UM it is possible to make use of IP pools. On each NAS (Network Authentication Server) or Mikrotik, you could use the same IP Pool name, but with a different IP range.

The other option is to specify a default IP pool to be used ON the NAS, and not type anything in the Client IP or Client Pool text boxes within UM.

Hope it's making sense, if not, please be a bit more descriptive of your situation.

sgsmc
just joined

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:47 pm

In Um user password is visble and clearly readable to customer. To maintain secracy user password display shoud be in ***** form or ....... form. The customer password is desplayed in the same format. The users may not be comfortable with the idea of someone else seeing their password. The administrator has access to user password and in case of unauthoreised usage there can be cofusion

vsltz2008
just joined

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:22 pm

the new ros ver3.15 is exelent and so is the useman along with it but ....
is there a possibility of having transfer based credit like per mb
regards

npyoung
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm

How about the ability to specify a type of account instead of having to enter specific information for each customer account on the b.w. limitations? So, say, a global specification, like Fast with say a 3M/1M burst, with 1.5M/512K steady. That way, if Fast were to change due to say, competitive reasons, one wouldn't have to go in and change each customers account, just change the global specification for Fast.

beepee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm

The main reason I use Mikrotik is becos of the Usermanager. I use it with the hotspot to service my clients and it works fine.

Nice product!

When clients come for registration I assign a username for them which they use to login at the hotspot but when the credit limit is reached they have to come to my office to extend the credit.

I want a scenerio where a user will be able to add more credit to his/her account before the credit limit is reached. Even when credit limit is reached.
Probably through http://router_ip/user or at the hotspot login.

I usually make vouchers with a specified credit limit available for sales around the town for sales, so I want the registered users to buy the vouchers and use it to extend their credit limit.

Looking forward to a feature like this.
WELDONE

markto1970
just joined

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:35 am

Hi All,

Would it be possible to add Total data to reports

xordi
just joined

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Or even better would be to allow us to choose which fields we want to see on the screen, as I would like to see the date the user activated but don't need to see the first or last names (or macs for that matter) because you can always click on the user and get the personal info.

Thats great solution, NEW FIELD for MAC adress, but i wanted to use manager with My DHCP, and its impossible to see what user is behind..... but nobody can remember every MAC adress :? :? I'm waiting for this and i'll use the UM :D but now better is editing leases in WINBOX :)

masked
just joined

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:17 am

i've noticed in the 4.0beta2 that there is no new user creation abilities in the hotspot pages anymore.. if structure has changed could this be brought to our attention please?

Giepie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:59 am

Hi xordi

Sorry for sending a public message, but could you please send me an email at: giepie [at] itblanket [dot] net
I'd appreciate it a lot.

G

asus

Fri May 29, 2009 10:44 am

Please Add Mac Binding too :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 29, 2009 12:00 pm

There is a field "Caller ID" in the new User Manager for specifying MAC address of the user.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri May 29, 2009 7:56 pm

There is a field "Caller ID" in the new User Manager for specifying MAC address of the user.
aweseom, what about billing? is anything being done with that? -Jordan

asus

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 am

yea instead of Pool name there should be a drop down option to select pool & below it second drop down option to select ip address from the selected pool. this way it will be very easy to assign ips or pool & also no one will assign same ips for more then 1 users.

Thanks

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:16 am

yea instead of Pool name there should be a drop down option to select pool & below it second drop down option to select ip address from the selected pool. this way it will be very easy to assign ips or pool & also no one will assign same ips for more then 1 users.

Thanks
There is no straight way for User Manager to know, which IP belong to each IP pool, as the pool may be located on completely different router.

asus

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:28 am

it would be great if we can make ip pools in usermanager. it can be done if name & ips of the pools are same with the pools created in routers.

can you add this feature in future?

it is too hard to remember pool names & ip address.

Thanks

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:21 am

it would be great if we can make ip pools in usermanager. it can be done if name & ips of the pools are same with the pools created in routers.
can you add this feature in future?
it is too hard to remember pool names & ip address.
Thanks
User Manager could check IP pools of the local router. But it would not help if the Hotspot/PPP is located on remote router.

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:44 am

We do this on our own system by having a list of gateway devices (hotspot routers) that we can use the API to pull data from, including things like free sites, ip-pools etc.

asus

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:08 pm

We do this on our own system by having a list of gateway devices (hotspot routers) that we can use the API to pull data from, including things like free sites, ip-pools etc.
please can you show me some screenshots of your UM?

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:33 am

please can you show me some screenshots of your UM?
Just something for you to oogle over, its not for sale :-P

The top line is all drop down menus that have seperate links and/or submenus where required.
screens.jpg
Oh and ignore the green bar, I should make it tidy (it is part of a polling system we have for all server/mailservers/databases etc that shows if anything is offline)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asus

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:50 am

Add one Report Tab

Select Date
Start Date & Time: Calendar hh:mm
End Date & Time: Calendar hh:mm
Report Format: Tabular Graph Printable CSV

Organization Wise Web Surfing Reports
Top 10 Sites (Visit wise)
Top 10 Sites (Data Transfer wise)
Top 10 Contents (Hit wise)
Top 10 Contents (Data Transfer wise)
HTTP Malicious Traffic Log

Profile Wise Web Surfing Reports
Site visit report
HTTP data transfer report
HTTP hits by Content hits
HTTP data transfer by Content

User Wise Web Surfing Reports
Site visit report
HTTP data transfer report
HTTP hits by Content
HTTP data transfer by Content

Search Web Surfing Report
Search Type Summary Details
Search For User Profile
User name
Profile name
Site name

Organization Wise Internet Usage Reports
Date wise usage report
Top 10 users by Data Transfer
Top 10 Surfing time users
Top 10 packages by Data Transfer
Top 10 surfing time groups
Summary of Activity(User Sessions)

Profile Wise Internet Usage Reports
Profilewise Data Transfer Report
Profilewise Surfing Time Report
Profilewise Usage Report
Profilewise Exclusive Report

User Wise Internet Usage Reports
Userwise Data Transfer Report
Userwise Surfing Time Report
Userwise Usage Report

Search Internet Usage Reports
Search For User Profile
Username
Profilename
IP Address

Miscellaneous Reports Profile Wise
Number of registrations done in the above period(Profile Wise)
Number of deactive done in the above period(Profile Wise) include expires
Number of last renewals done in the above period(Profile Wise)
The following reports have no date restrictions.
All active users in the system (Profile Wise)
All de-active users in the system (Profile Wise)
All users in the system(Profile Wise)

Miscellaneous Reports Zone Wise (Children wise)
Number of registrations done in the above period(Zone Wise)
Number of last renewals done in the above period(Zone Wise)
All active users in the system (Zone Wise)
All de-active users in the system (Zone Wise)
All users in the system(Zone Wise)

Miscellaneous Reports Pool Wise
Number of registrations done in the above period(Pool Wise)
Number of last renewals done in the above period(Pool Wise)
All active users in the system (Pool Wise)
All de-active users in the system (Pool Wise)
All users in the system(Pool Wise)

Miscellaneous Reports User Wise
Number of registrations done in the above period
Number of last renewals done in the above period
All active users in the system
All de-active users in the system
All users in the system

Miscellaneous Search User
Search Based On* User And Profile Remaining Usage

Search Based On User And Package
Create Date From: Calendar
To: Calendar
Do Not Apply Date Filter
Search For User Profile
Username
Profilename
Zonename
Poolname

Search Based On Remaining Usage
Enter Remaining Usage In * Absolute Value In Percentage
Expiredays
Time(In Hours)
Users To Be Included Active UsersDeactive UsersAll Users

View Bandwidth Usage Graph
View Graph Gatewaywise Poolwise Total
Graph Period TodayYesterdayWeeklyMonthlyYearly

I wish this could be implemented in New UM.
I can provide online demo for this reports.
Thanks

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Please, send the suggested demo link to support[at]mikrotik.com !

asus

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Please, send the suggested demo link to support[at]mikrotik.com !
done

asus

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:39 pm

can we integrate sms & mail server to send sms & mails to users

Also automatic sms & mailing system to warn users to recharge their account before 2 days of expiry or if their bandwidth limit is almost finished.

Also if possible warning message in userpage too

Thanks
sorry i know that my expectations are high :lol:
Last edited by asus on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

asus

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:33 am

I think In new usermanager all child users can access thier user page from one link (Parent link)
so when we put router ip we get webbox & i don't think anyone use webbox, so can you change it to userpage?

example when user open http://10.0.0.1 instead of http://10.0.0.1/user they can login & check thier accounts.
I think this will make life more easy :D

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:35 pm

+1 on this part :-)

Also automatic sms & mailing system to warn users to recharge their account before 2 days of expiry or if their bandwidth limit is almost finished.

Also if possible warning message in userpage too

Thanks
sorry i know that my expectations are high :lol:

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Warning emails upon reaching some usage level are already in planned feature list. And scheduled reports (for example, daily/monthly usage) report as well. And we will consider SMS report option.

asus

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:51 am

add profile column in table column & session details.

Thanks

royco
just joined

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:00 am

Ability to do self registration(without credit card) but would need a voucher/prepaid card to load up the account to be able to get online. Would be useful for monthly, weekly account so they dont need to carry the access code around. My setup is in an area in Asia where credit cards are kinda rare for college students, so its all prepaid vouchers.

asus

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Instead of Image please put option like this Image in Sessions & User sessions. So, it will be more easier to find the date & Monthly Usage of Users.

Thanks
asus

asus

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:45 am

can we auto bind user to their macid?
i use pppoe

can you place a tick box beside caller id so that if the tick box is ticked user macid will be automatically placed to his caller id when he will login for 1st time & also make that box default ticked when we add new user.

this will increase security my users change thier account with each other & i cannot assign everyones macid manually.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:18 pm

can you place a tick box beside caller id so that if the tick box is ticked user macid will be automatically placed to his caller id when he will login for 1st time & also make that box default ticked when we add new user.
It is already in our feature request list and will be implemented.

asus

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 pm

1. total numbers of result in users, A session, A Users, Advance Search

2. can you change color of disabled user in user list from grey to red

3. Advanced search profile wise

4. profiles in table column

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:47 pm

2. can you change color of disabled user in user list from grey to red
Disabled row foreground color is now configurable as style attribute.

asus

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 am

As an Internet services provider we have to deal with complaints of our users, for that we have complaints management. So, Now we have to add every users on both database MT & complain Management. So, it would be great if you can add onemore more button of complaints in which we can add complaints of our users in same database & it would be great if complaint logs are saved in user details even if they r done.

eg.
search user box:[ ]

Search Result:
userid username phone problem comment

this option will be simple & great for operator to add complaints
in problem column you can add a dropdown of complaints which is editable through parent login
like UNPLUG, RTO=requesttimeout, CONFIG, RANGE, DISCONNECTION etc & in comments we can add time or something else specified by the user on call.

when child customers will login they can check complaints & solve them they can have options like this.
Pending Complaints : 1
userid username phone problem comment engineer tickbox1 tickbox2 tickbox3

Here in place of engineer we can have dropdown
tickbox1= Checked (Engineer has visited & checked the problem)
tickbox2= Pending (User was not at home or may be work is pending more)
tickbox3= Solved (Work is done) after this complaint should be disappear from complaint list but we can check complaints in user details.

Thanks alot
:)
Last edited by asus on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:09 am

I don't think this will be made :) Let's make the general functionality working first!

asus

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:15 am

I hope & see very bright future of MT. So, just trying to make it all rounder & admin friendly :)

I hope it will be implement in future!

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:18 pm

This looks like a feature out of User Manager's scope. As it is not very easy to implement, nor very important, it will not be available in near future.

Right now you can use comment field to store user complaints. Not very convenient and advanced way of complaint tracking. But a very general way though. For example, you can store comments of two users as:
complaint="Description of a complaint" status=active
and
complaint="Description of another complaint" status=solved
You can then track all active complaints by using advanced search for users with comment is like "status=active".

asus

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 pm

I know it is not simple & it is not important but in my view more then providing internet an ISP have to give a good service like low downtime & quick services. you can search in google there r many software which are specially made for complaints like ISP ticket system & complaints management & u guys never thought about this...Gr8
atleast add a dropdown option in userdetails like comment

anyway i don't want to argument on this topic!
it was my last try to add this in ur todo list :(

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Just use a proper ticketing system (there's plenty available for free) and use the comment field to store one or more ticket references.

Felix

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 am

We can add one or a couple of new fields to a user - it is very easy to do. But how would it be different from the comment field?

Please, take into account, that many customers would like to have completely different attributes for user entries. So your suggestions should be very general to match other needs also.

We could add a custom drop down field, having values "User Category 1", "User Category 2", ..., "User Category 5". Then you can change the displayed name of categories, using translation files: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager/4/Languages . In that way these categories can be used in a general way, to divide users in different groups, by having different category names, based on particular customer needs.

If such a feature would make your work more convenient, we could possibly implement it.

We would like to hear comments from other users - would this general-purpose drop-down box be useful? Is anybody already using language support by translating the language file to a local language?

asus

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:59 pm

More csv template options
Creation Date, Renewal Date, Expiry date, Profile, Phone, IP address, Caller ID, Shared users, First name, Last name, Location, Comment & Email.

also add All in perpage option.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:18 pm

There is one issue that have not being implemented and placed in user manager. i have observed that, even if you disable a client/username, that user still counts.

let me explain myself very well.
A user logged in for 2days and inform us that he is going out for vacation and will be back in 2months time, that we should disable his account so that when he comes back he will use it and call us to activate it.

When you disable the user in Usermanager, the account still counts witout being used.

Can mikrotik work on this issue so that when an account is disabled, it stops at that time and start counting only when it becomes active again by activating it in userman.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 am

In next release user will be disconnected, when disabled. CoA Disconnect request must be used (option for each router) for it to work.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:28 am

More csv template options
Creation Date, Renewal Date, Expiry date, Profile, Phone, IP address, Caller ID, Shared users, First name, Last name, Location, Comment & Email.
It's already in our TODO list.
also add All in perpage option.
This will not be implemented due to performance reasons.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Other things i suggest mikrotik to do in user manager are as follows;

Assuming someone asked for like 1hr browsing and the account is created without any time limit, that is uptime limit is 0s. after the person must have used like 30mins and logs out, when he comes back to log in using the same username/password, the next day, it will show credit limit has reached. This also happens even when the user shuts down his computer witout loggin out from the browser. Which i thought idle time out should have solved.

I noticed another issue, why is it that if you create a user in hotspot thru winbox, and incidentally the same name is created in UM with a different password, that user cannot login with the account created in UM. Again, users created with UM displays R in front of the account when u view active usres in hotspot using winbox while the users created with winbox does not display such R.

I want Mikrotik to implement timed option in their UM, where a user can browse based on time band, Morning hours (6am - 9am), evening hours, Night and wkends so that users can choose time band that suites them.

Thanks

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Assuming someone asked for like 1hr browsing
Specify uptime limit (not credit/profile validity time) in this case.
if you create a user in hotspot thru winbox, and incidentally the same name is created in UM with a different password, that user cannot login with the account created in UM.
That's how it is designed - first local HotSpot user table is checked, if user is found there, no request is sent to User Manager.
I want Mikrotik to implement timed option in their UM, where a user can browse based on time band, Morning hours (6am - 9am), evening hours, Night and wkends so that users can choose time band that suites them
That's already available in version 4.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Assuming batch of users are to be created or generated and printed, is there an option to make it available to all generated users.

Is it possible to only upgrade/update the UM package in MT without updating/upgrading the whole OS or packages. Can someone downgrade the UM back to its old version without loosing all the data in the UM.

I want Mikrotik team to also implement the import/export option in UM so that transfer of database is made easy in MT.

Thanks

asus

Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:09 pm

One more option request in user Private information now we have phone option in user it would be great if we have mobile options also coz when sms notice & warning system will be implemented in future there are few numbers which doesn't accept sms like landlines phones etc. so for sms we can use mobile option.

Thanks.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:57 pm

can someone only upgrade the user manager package alone without upgrading other packages and still retain the data in the user manager. Will downgrading still make it possible not to lose the data created in UM, I am asking because of the issues with v4.0 before it is rc

Please, i need an urgent response to this question.

thanks

masked
just joined

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:09 pm

support for the ability for profiles to exist for set period of days, not uptime. eg. 512k/128k 5gb 1 month. please let me know if i've overlooked this functionality.

and new user account creation via the portal of course.

asus

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 am

can you put total number of users in Users Button?? like in A session Button & add 2 more buttons below Users.

100 Users
80 A Users = Enabled Users
20 D Users = Disabled Users

& total numbers of search result in search button.

can we search date wise instead of page numbers in sessions & users sessions

Thanks

skye1

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 pm

It is already in our feature request list and will be implemented.
Is there an estimated implementation time for this feature?

Also it would be very useful that this feature could extend to self sign ups. Example:
User views hotspot portal, user elects to pay for access. User performs sign up process. User submits payment, payment accepted, user directed to login, user logs in and MAC is recorded and associated with user account,
If MAC auth is selected as option on hotspot, now as MAC is associated with user account, user is no longer prompted for [name/password] until time runs out or if MAC changes, this would solve some other issues and perhaps create a couple, but the usefulness of this feature would be awesome.

bimwilly
just joined

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:18 pm

hello,
user manager is great, i use box 2.9.27. but my user manager does not have days of expiry for each ticket or batch i try to generate, is there soution for this .
pls forum let me know whats up.
God bless Mikrotik

asus

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 am

permanent simple queue graph of users in userpage & a popup button beside show session in owner login user details to check user usage graph. :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:26 am

hello,
user manager is great, i use box 2.9.27. but my user manager does not have days of expiry for each ticket or batch i try to generate, is there soution for this .
pls forum let me know whats up.
God bless Mikrotik
you use an ancient version. buy a license and install v4 where all the new features are in

beny30
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi all

I just tried User Manager it looks good but could not find Caller ID when I tried to add any user, I tried RouterOS in x86 with 4.1 v 0 licence level, is there it or I am wrong? I would like to ask you if there is any way to redirect user that spent their credit at any page or it is not possible to tell them that they need to pay for extended time or just to get them disconected?

Thanks in advance!

asus

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 am

when user switch profiles & login we are unable to check which profile he was using before so i request to add actual profile column in sessions, A sessions, show session in user details & user page session.

also remove router Ip & add Download, Upload, Uptime in user page

asus

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 am

a small request in advance search dropdown option for actual profile search

Thanks

kolinsb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:17 pm

1) limit per day. one user can download 200MB per day, not more.... 200Mb another day etc.
2) more profiles attached on one user. example: i wanna set 1Mbps speed in time interval 00:00-00:06, and another speed 2Mbps in time interval 00:06-00:00

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:23 am

Hello
I want to ask one more thing too if its possible.

We are giving wireless client devices to clients to connect to our antennas for for some time, if user will not pay for 1 month we are going and taking this client device from him.

1. is it possbile to see in reports how long client didnot payed, or when he payed for last time?
2. we are selling internet local speed 2mbps and 512 global speed for 10 usd.
When i am limiting user i limit local speed from userman but global from router using queues which i am creating manualy.

Global speed queue rule is . i am adding all local IP addresses to paket mark and passthrough no and last packet mark is 0.0.0.0/0 wich is global.

is it possible to add this rule to usermanager profile, or creat this profile in user manager?

asus

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:04 am

can we make our custom login page for UM admin & userpage? using html or php????

e.g.
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26609

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:35 pm

if you create a user in hotspot thru winbox, and incidentally the same name is created in UM with a different password, that user cannot login with the account created in UM.
That's how it is designed - first local HotSpot user table is checked, if user is found there, no request is sent to User Manager.
I want Mikrotik to implement timed option in their UM, where a user can browse based on time band, Morning hours (6am - 9am), evening hours, Night and wkends so that users can choose time band that suites them
That's already available in version 4.
I am runung UM v4.4 but cant get this features! gone the manual but finding difficult. Where exactly is this features? Credits, Users, Customers etc?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:56 pm

JP_Wireless, make sure you are running the user manager test package. All new functions should be there.

asus, currently there is no too much you can change at User Manager login page.

Gareth
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Can the user manager log be kept in a separate file, visible in Winbox's file list, that can then be easily deleted. Deleting hundreds of thousands of entries with the methods described on this forum takes forever and is extremely unfunny. :?

Rabbit
just joined

Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Would it be possible to set the sign-up page by default to the trial user? Then when trial over give the option of purchasing a plan / profile?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue May 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Gareth, thank you for the suggestion (we have similar ideas about it), currently you cannot do it, perhaps it will be possible in the future.

Rabbit, add signup link to the login page, the current way how to move trial user to signup.

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

Hello
we are using our own software which is writen on PHP, this software is for help desk, and it adds users automaticaly when help desk adds it in our software, we want to update to usermanager test but new usermanager doesnot support this command
too user-manager user add-credit

are you going to implement it in new user man?

celestius
just joined

Sat May 22, 2010 1:45 am

Subscription Profiles Feature Request

I opened up a separate thread about our interest in having profiles that automatically renew/charge at the end of their cycle here:

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40880

I'm curious to see if other users are interested in this feature so if you have not already done so please view the page and vote on the poll.

Thanks!

rubence
just joined

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 pm

usermanager can do time-limit and traffic amount limit.

when user login his page he can see how much time (i.e, time-limit) he is given.

but he cant see how much traffic he is given (i.e, trffic-limit) .

is there any option to show the user how much traffic limit he is given, so that he can calculate his future use.

multipath

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Would it be possible to add an option to use the subscription monthly billing feature of paypal and still have the regular one time paypal purchases?

springlandswifi
just joined

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:22 am

Hi All,

The feature that I would really love to be added to the user CLI/API is the profile being about to be set to the user

Come on Guys at Mikrotik, I would be easy for you very talented guys to do and it would some many of it MISP's happy

Please advise when it is going to be fixed.

Mark
Springlandswifi.thruhere.net

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:13 pm

tool to convert *.UMB database from previous version to actual

bawolek
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi
i think its will be very usefull to add "local adress list" parameter to User Manager/Users for example in my network I have UM on border router with QoS and limitation based on PCQ and adress lists of clients,
but address lists I use for filtering, redirect to any web pages and many diferent things on this border router. will be great if i can use something to add "remote IP to" address list on the same router with "user menager"

for this moment user menager sent "adress list" to radius client but this client only terminating pppoe sesion

I hope that everyone understands what I mean

PS this is a big problem to add this add on for UM ?