Community discussions

MikroTik App

ccoldfire
Topic Author

kick user out after the time is up automatically ..please help

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:27 pm

hi every one
am very newbie to mikrotik but i managed to create a hotspot successfully and everything is working just fine with the usermanager and radius and creating profiles ,but my only problem is that i can't make the user be logged off automatically after his time is up.what should i do??

thanks in advance

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: kick user out after the time is up automatically ..please help

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Hmmm - usually RADIUS should be sending a session timeout with the number of seconds until the account expires.
Make sure the system clock is correct on the UserMan and on the Mikrotik.

When we used FreeRADIUS, if we specified an expiration time on an account, and a max session time, then the server would send a session-limit of X seconds, where X was the lesser of those two values. (so if the account expires at midnight, and the current time is 23:57, then the session-limit would be 180sec)

Look in the Hotspot Active tab, and lok for the "Session Time Left" column. There should be a value there counting down to zero. If not, then UserMan isn't sending the value. Perhaps the local user profile's values are overriding the RADIUS value...

Sribala44ji
just joined

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:35 pm

can't able connect gigabit Poe came with Basebox 2 in RB2011UiAS-RM Gigabit port but ok with 100/10port

When connected to gigabit port in RB2011UiAS-RM poe power indicator starts blinking starts

Need solution asap

ccoldfire
Topic Author

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Hmmm - usually RADIUS should be sending a session timeout with the number of seconds until the account expires.
Make sure the system clock is correct on the UserMan and on the Mikrotik.

When we used FreeRADIUS, if we specified an expiration time on an account, and a max session time, then the server would send a session-limit of X seconds, where X was the lesser of those two values. (so if the account expires at midnight, and the current time is 23:57, then the session-limit would be 180sec)

Look in the Hotspot Active tab, and lok for the "Session Time Left" column. There should be a value there counting down to zero. If not, then UserMan isn't sending the value. Perhaps the local user profile's values are overriding the RADIUS value...
Thank you for replying .. it turned out to be a very simple problem ,am sorry i made you write all these lines .
I misunderstood "validity" in the user manager, i thought it is the one who should kick the user out,after more digging i discovered the limitations.
Thanks again,my problem was solved