Community discussions

MikroTik App

derr12
Topic Author

Bug or feature?

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:23 pm

So ive noticed that when one creates a user in usermanager, the assigned profile does not activate on it's own.  you have to open the user after you create it, go to all profiles and then activate it there.  Otherwise after a little while, it gets goofy.  Here is my setup.

1 - free unlimited time profile.   "free - but speed limited"  limitations set to 512k/256k
2 - Free  unlimited time staff account "faster staff package"  limitations set to 10m/1m
3. various accounts that people create with different time limited fast profiles.  limitations set to 10m/1m

Ive noticed that my staff account reverts to the free limitations after a while. It still shows the staff profile under "actual profile, but in the limitations it's showing 512k/256k.  if i re-create the account, and then assign the staff profile to it, eventually it reverts back to the free limitations despite having a staff profile to it.  I believe this problem goes away if i remember to activate the profile post account creation. but im going to have to test that theory.

anyone come across this behavior or am i special?

derr12
Topic Author

Re: Bug or feature?

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:06 pm

yup no difference if i activate the profile manually.  still seeing my free user with the right profile name, but limitations revert to the staff speeds.