Community discussions

MikroTik App

dawie
just joined
Topic Author

Profiles losing limitations

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi
I sometimes have a problem whereby usermanager profiles would just lose their limitations and become unlimited.
This happens seemingly on a random basis. I've noticed this on 5.26 and 6.33.3.
This happened more than once on RB751U-2HnD's, RB951-2n and RBcAP2n's, so it is not a problem with one specific piece of hardware.
After I put the limitations back and do a reboot everything is fine, but sometimes a couple of months later some of the profiles have lost their limitations again.
Has any one else noticed anything like this?

derr12

Re: Profiles losing limitations

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Im having a similar issue where a user is inheriting the limitations from a profile not assigned to it. sometimes takes a day, sometimes a week. I have submitted to support my supout.rif file this week after they confirmed seeing the issue when i granted them access to my CCR.

you might want to do the same.

rollyboy
just joined

Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:27 am

I have the same problem and as a solution that i have done so far (effectively) is to schedule the routerboard for a system reboot at least 1 time daily. Until now i don't know what's is the cause of it, till i have found this thread that I am not the only one experiencing it. Specially in my situation that I am using a Hotspot and Usermanager for bandwidth and uptime, and currently have at least 12-15 profiles in Hotspot with different speeds, uptime and shared users.

dawie
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Ok, glad to know I'm not the only one. I will schedule a daily reboot for now and see what happens.

microir
just joined

Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Hello
I've installed several routers (basebox 5 routerboard 91xG 5HPnD) are now continually reboot. Firmware upgrade new version 37.1 and I changed my adapter but are regularly reset.
why?

PaTieZ
just joined

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:54 am

Hello, I have the same problem. Daily reboot seem not to resolved this.
I set my CCR reboot daily but the losing always happened around 18hrs after boot. Of course, the left 6 hrs will be the awful.
I am serving internet to hundreds of online hotspot users and I want to guarantee user's uptime, rebooting is not the best solution.
Hope MT will resoved this problem on next update.

Thank you.