Community discussions

MikroTik App

skillful
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

User Manager log out Problems

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:49 pm

I am using the RouterOS 2.9.38 integrated User Manager to authenticate users via hotspot. Everything work very well.

However, when a user logs out, userman keeps counting down the time remaining on the user account.

For instance, if I sell a user account with 4hours prepaid time and 1 week uptime limit, the user then login successfully and logout after 2h25m41s effectively leaving 1h34m19s on the account. When the same user tried to login a day later, he couldn't because there was no time left on the account!

The logs from the userman shows a "prepaid" of 4h, "used" of 2h25m41s and a "left" of 0.

Any thoughts?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:32 pm

Probably, you have mixed 'credit time' un 'uptime limit'.
More information about them is given here,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... iting#Time

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:42 pm

i got same problem.... and it´s not a mixed credit and uptime limit ...
uptime limit = 0 ...
so i don´t use user-manager vor accounting :-(

skillful
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:57 pm

sergejs,
It is not a case of mixed 'credit time' un 'uptime limit'. Experiment on your test router and see for yourself.

skillful
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:11 pm

Anybody want to try this out? (I am using ROS ver 2.9.39)

1. In user manager, create a user with 2hours credit time, 1w uptime

2. Log in with this user credentials.

3. Log out after some minutes (say 10mins). Now you should have 1hr50min credit time left in the user account.

4. After 20minutes, login again with the user credentials and check your status. Only 1hr30min left instead of 1hr50min!

To verify whether it is a case of mix up of "uptime" and "credit time" as suggested by sergejs.

5. Lets modify item 1 above slightly. In user manager, create a new user with 1w credit time and 2hours uptime.

6. Repeat steps 2 to 4 above

Same result.

This indicate that usermanager keeps deducting time from the user account even after you log off.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Support Group, please experiment and see for yourself

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Created one week credit and created one user with uptime-limit=2h.
Logged for one minute, then logoff, after five minutes logged again it showed me that I have left 1:59.
So everything is working ok.

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:22 pm

Created one week credit and created one user with uptime-limit=2h.
Logged for one minute, then logoff, after five minutes login.... credit is counting down....and session is allways up

logged in an out with hotspot login web page....

so...what do you think I made wrong ?

What we want do is the following.... last year we builded some big camping-places with many sparclan wds ap´s and handlink subscriber gateways... because of big problems with the handlink gateways we want to change to mikrotik. at the moment we test the hotspot solution and it runs very nice so that we will change handlink to mikrotik. we will use hotspot because of the user manager limitation...thats ok. so now i have a problem with one place. they have an internet cafe with 5 terminals. what i want to do is to handle the internet cafe with user manager and the rest of the place with hotspot... is this possible ?

best regards

gerd trappmann

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:55 pm

okidoki....

maybe we are unworthy for an answer...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:57 pm

as you saw, support tested and the problem did not appear. if you think there is a problem, email support - this is a user forum after all.

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:23 pm

no, i don´t think that it is a mikrotik software problem.....and i asked a question..i don´t want to talk to mikrotik support for getting an answer for a problem that not exists.... but what do you think i made wrong.... we talk about 15 hotspots and round about 120 acces points

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:20 am

1) Regarding first issue you need to contact support, if the problem exists. Make sure that router is running latest version, include support output file from the router and some screenshots, when you have the problem.

2) what i want to do is to handle the internet cafe with user manager and the rest of the place with hotspot... is this possible ?

HotSpot is AAA (authentication, authorization, accounting) system that is used on router to provide more higher level of the security to the local network (user requires authorization for accessing public resouresces and other valuables features).
You can run HotSpot on the local interface per one brodcast domain.

User Manager is RADIUS based management system, that is integrated to the RouterOS package. User Manager allows to manage HotSpot, DHPC, PPP, wireless clients.
HotSpot might use RADIUS server or User Manager to maintain clients or HotSpot can manage clients by itself.

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:10 pm

ah....ok.... thanks sergejs

jacobuserasmus
just joined

Re: User Manager log out Problems

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 am

I'm having the same problem. Is there a resolution to this yet ?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Are you running the latest version? This thread is from 2007 and regards version 2.9x. It's nearly 2011 and the current version is 4.13, with 5.x around the corner.

qaq2010

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 am

got the same probelm and my os ver is 4.16

dont know what to do as i need to modfey every thing menuly all the time when a custmer compline about his cridtes went off without using all off them :(

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 am

having the same problem for over many years now, i'm using version 4.17. tried both uptime and credit stuff did not solve the problem.

please mikrotik do look into it cus ur software has been helpful over the years.

thanks

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I have same problem for my clients tickets..... i am using v4.16 at the moment, but i will upgrade to 4.17 maybe the problem could be solve... if not, then mikrotik guys should do something about it quick.

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm

mikrotik support may be right about (Created one week credit and created one user with uptime-limit=2h). We will try it and get back to the forum with update on this issue....

I am sure it will work well if we make it as they said above.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:05 pm

hello mikrotik support team,
As you can see we have similar problems on the above issue, when is this going to be solved so that we can still make use of user manager as it has proved to be the best amongst all.

please we need solution/suggestions as soon as possible before life is lost on this issue.

Thanks