Community discussions

MikroTik App

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Does Userman support bandwidth throttling?

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi All,

Just wanting to know if Userman supports Bandwidth throttling so that we can limit users who are abusing the the system.

And if not userman does mikrotik software support throttling, and can anyone provide a link to a tutorial or provide help on setting up.

Thanks

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Does Userman support bandwidth throttling?

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:40 am

User Manager provides you with basic bandwith limit options for the user,
like rx-rate/tx-rate, rx-burst-rate/tx-burst-rate, rx-burst-threshold/tx-burst-threshold, rx-burst-time/tx-burst-time, priority, rx-rate-min/tx-rate-min
these option allows to set basic QoS options for the client, if you wish to set advanced QoS you have to use 'queues', 'mangle', etc.
You may look at the bandwith control documentation for more information about configuration.

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:58 am

thanks, we are currently using usermans limitations, but these do not limit the customer if they download too much within an hour or so.

What we would like to do is implement a system where clients can download a maximum of 200mb in 1 hour if they go above this then the clients speed drops to a lower burst speed and again if the customer is still getting 20omb downloaded in the second hour which will reduce thier speed to a minimum so that our fair use policy can be effective.

200mb in 1 hour goto 64000/64000
200mb in 2nd hour goto 32000/32000
and will stay at this state for 5 hours

untill the 5 hours penalty box time has expired, then normal speed resumes.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:11 am

I assume currently it is not possible in simple way.

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 am

would be nice if this feature was implemented within userman, as it would make it alot easier to setup.

Throttle 1 time 2h30min
throttle 1 download 128000
throttle 1 upload 128000

throttle 2 time 2h30
throttle 2 download 128000
throttle 2 upload 128000

throttle expire after hours = 8

This kind of setup would make it easier to manage the system, ensuring quality of service to those that do not abuse the system.

Would seriously help for those that do not have the expertise in the mikrotik system, especially for myself, I am sure that are others out there that would enjoy this feature if it were available.

But thanks anyways, will search in the wiki and the usermanual for ways to get this to work if it is even possible.

Ehman

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:07 am

I'm also looking for this function, and it can only be done with SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager. in fact this program does it perfect, but... its running on windows *puke* and will need a restart to obtain stable.

So did they add this features to mikrotik yet?

rahulmkhj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:24 pm

I can suggest you one solution, you can define FUP based service plans with. i.e. One plan with 30days validity, quota: 1Mbps upto 10gb & 256kbps beyond that until validity (30days) expires. Checkout: accessmanager.in