Community discussions

MikroTik App

tomtom80

Re: User Manager v4.0 test package

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks now UM works fine i will report bugs if i found ny :D, I have a lil request

Which version do you use? Is it stable?

In v.5.0 I miss that I can't do all things in terminal, like profiles. And you often have to logout in webinterface because tables are not updated when you change something.
Last edited by tomtom80 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks now UM works fine i will report bugs if i found ny :D, I have a lil request

Which version do you use? Is it stable?

In v.5.0 I miss that I can't do all things in webinterface, like profiles. And you often have to logout in webinterface because tables are not updated when you change something.
which tables are not updated? do you use a recent web browser like FF4 or Chrome?

asus

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Because of UM I uninstalled IE from all pc's in my office & NOC! we are on chrome now. lol

My router takes 10 mins to reboot! 7mins to stop services & 3 mins to start. Logs is disabled in UM but I have a huge 124847 Pages session logs in UM wat can be done??

tomtom80

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:20 pm

which tables are not updated? do you use a recent web browser like FF4 or Chrome?
I use Firefox 4. Win7.

For example. When I got to users and change the active profile of one user. Then in overview table of the users you see the name of the old profile and not of the new actual profile.

When I now want to see the correct table I have to logout an login and then I see the correct actual profile.
edit: (like basil said it is right that you can also sort the tables an it is updated. ok thats better than logout/login)

@Normis
When I add users via terminal. Is it possible to assign a profile? When not, will it be possible in the next releases?
Last edited by tomtom80 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

asus

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:50 am

u dnt need to logout u can refresh page or click on upper right side search button 8) thats how we deal with this bug :lol:

Basil
just joined

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:35 am

Um, not sure if this topic is closed - but I am having small issues with the usermanager bundled with v5.

Not anything hectic, functionally the manager seems fine, for what I do with it. Just the updates to the screen when working on the web site are buggy, can you add a "refresh button" please, so after you have changed the profile of a user on the user page, the page updates. Currently I have to re-sort the list to get the new profile displayed.

Also, when adding / changing profiles in the profile section , the refreshing also isnt great, if I scroll between the profiles, sometimes the name I assigned , gets assigned to all the profiles, and even worse, sometimes the actual profile name, if I add a new profile, then choose an old profile in the drop down list, gets given the same name as the new profile, so the names all get messed up - very weird behavior.

And, in the limits section, there is no "save" button, only an "add" button - which is for saving - thats confusing - cant it be called "save" rather because if you make a change, why do you then click on "add" to save the change?. Surely "add" should be for creating new entries, not changing existing ones..

Otherwise, the upgrade from v4 to v5 worked easily enough, except I had 100 users, so I had to manually assign the profile to each user since you cant do it via cli and there is no way in the gui to select many users, and set their profile at same time, you can choose a lot of users, and remove but not make a global profile change.

O ya, just remembered, when I select a bunch of users, then choose disable - I get some strange script error pop up window. If I click ok, then log out and back in , the users appear to be disabled - and I get the same error when enabling them as well.

Still happy with the application though. :)

tomtom80

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 am

Just the updates to the screen when working on the web site are buggy, can you add a "refresh button" please, so after you have changed the profile of a user on the user page, the page updates. Currently I have to re-sort the list to get the new profile displayed.
Same at me.
Also, when adding / changing profiles in the profile section , the refreshing also isnt great, if I scroll between the profiles, sometimes the name I assigned , gets assigned to all the profiles,
Same at me. After relogin names are ok.
and even worse, sometimes the actual profile name, if I add a new profile, then choose an old profile in the drop down list, gets given the same name as the new profile, so the names all get messed up - very weird behavior.
Same at me. After relogin names are ok.
Otherwise, the upgrade from v4 to v5 worked easily enough, except I had 100 users, so I had to manually assign the profile to each user since you cant do it via cli and there is no way in the gui to select many users, and set their profile at same time, you can choose a lot of users, and remove but not make a global profile change.
Yes that really sucks. One main reason I can't use it! :-(
I need CLI or at least the possibility to mass-change via web-gui.
O ya, just remembered, when I select a bunch of users, then choose disable - I get some strange script error pop up window.
I use Win7/ FF4. There is no script error at me.

If all things could be done via CLI that would really be great and I would buy a level6-license. But so I can't ..
The GUI-bugs are annoying but I could live with it...

vdelarenal75
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm

How can I import users correctly from 4.16 user manager (normal not test) to 5.0? When I upgrade to 5.0 all my users import but they don't work I think because they don't have a profile, in 4.16 each user had it's own speed limits. Do I have to create the profiles and add them manually to each user?

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:38 am

Do I have to create the profiles and add them manually to each user?
As far as I can tell, yes. There is also no access via CLI or API so you can't script or program to bulk-fix it.
This is the main reason why all my HS/UM routers is still on 4.17.
There is also a bad bug under certain circumstances it will batch-create users with wrong profile or with 2 profiles.
For in-production UM where batch users is regularly added, rather stick to 4.17 for the time being.
In fact, I had so many ***sed-off customers, all my Hotspot/Usermanager routers are still on 4.17, the rest is on 5/5.1.

vdelarenal75
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:43 am

That's a shame I really wanted to upgrade to 5.0 for the dual cpu support. Would it be possible for mikrotik make a 5.0 with the old user manager package?

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Mikrotik Please, This is a shame!!!
I am losing my customers with paypal payments, because of UM bugs !!!

I am using User manager the new version for paypal payments and sometimes it just doesnt work!!!.
I had to refund already a few clients(users) because of that!!!

I am having 3 bugs with payments.

Sometimes the process works well,
but sometimes following bugs happen:
1. the user pays and the payment is sucessfull
2. But the profile (that the user payed for) is not added to that user, so when i check under that user there is no profile added to that user, but he did pay, and it was successful.
So when he tries to log in it doesn't work,

Another problem that sometimes occurs;
1. user pays and the payment is succesfull
2. the paid profile is added to that user
3. when the user tries to sign in, he cannot- there is a message saying "user xxx not found"
And so the user is there with the profile, but is not working, the only think i could do for that user to get it work, was to change the owner of this user to "Administrator", (previously the owner of that user was "signupCustomer").

Also there is following problem often i just get this error message in the logs:

19:19:36 manager,error,info,debug failed to add payment: PRIMARY KEY must be unique
And the payment (profile) is not added...

Please this is not ok, i cannot have such business with my customers, i think that this customers will not come back.
Because they have paid, but it wasn't working so a day later when i realized, i had to send them a refund.
Last edited by imaljko4 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NetworkPro
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Which version do you use? Latest is the one that comes with RouterOS v5.4. Could you try that one please?

And please next time when you deploy something - test first in a development/testing environment.

If you don't understand this - pay a "contractor" to test and deploy it for you.

bwigham

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:09 am

Which version do you use? Latest is the one that comes with RouterOS v5.4. Could you try that one please?

And please next time when you deploy something - test first in a development/testing environment.

If you don't understand this - pay a "contractor" to test and deploy it for you.
I tested it for two months before going live and didn't have a problem. Once it went live UM fell apart and I had all the problems the guy is having above.

Don't use it now, do you use UM?

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:23 am

I have now made following changes:

-Upgraded from 4.17, to 5.4
- Until now i was using 1 subscriber and 3 sub-customers under it, the sub-customers had different profiles, obviously this didn't work well, so i had to create just 1 subscriber per router (without the sub-costomers), because i guess the UM got confused with different profiles of sub-customer, so sometimes a profile just wouldn't work ,when added to a user

I am still getting the error message when trying to add a profile to a user:

00:02:10 manager,error,info,debug failed to add purchase: PRIMARY KEY must be unique
00:02:17 manager,error,info,debug failed to add userprofile: PRIMARY KEY must beunique
00:02:20 manager,error,info,debug failed to add userprofile: PRIMARY KEY must beunique
00:02:22 manager,error,info,debug failed to add payment: PRIMARY KEY must be unique

(So i have to press 5-6 times until the profile gets accepted for that user)

I tested the signup and paypal process and it is working fine now.
Also previously when i tested it it did work fine, but i never know when it will happen again.

Because as i said, from time to time it just happens that for some user the account doesn't get activated, although he paid

bwigham

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:49 am

The annoying thing is that it seemed totally random, we could have sold five plan/profiles and then one will get the primary key error. The first weekend when everyone starting really using our service and we sold around 100+ plans, I was stuck to my laptop checking accounts asap when a PayPal email arrived. Most of the problems were the profile not getting added to the account. I would do the same clicking the + button, getting the primary key error and hoping the profile would get added. I did get a number of accounts not found, also had to manually re-enter the accounts into the database twice on the advice of MK. Didn’t fix anything.

After that weekend we had to purchase a radius solution.. It cost us a bit, but we haven’t had one payment not work since then. We lost a few customers, but didn’t get one error while testing and we did quite a bit of testing and payments.

If it worked it could be a simple, cheap radius and payment solution..

NetworkPro
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:53 am

I think sending supout files along with database backups to support AT mikrotik dot com is in order here. I hope you guys have tested and stable hardware and it's not a hw issue.

Anyone who wants to try v5.4 - START a FRESH db and good luck to you. Report your findings.

Cheers.

asus

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:29 pm

please add new features make it a complete script atleast with some basic needs.... any update? and wher we should request new features??

Fransisfl
just joined

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:51 am

Can I use 4.6 or newer userman with 4.5 mikrotik? I found that 4.5 version is most stable with 802.11N, and I won't change it...
it's possible but with 802.11N it works better :D
Last edited by Fransisfl on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Please any documentation for user-manager test package or newer versions of user-manager, i don't know why the documentations stopped in version 3 or 4, and for test package nothing like that.

Please help as somoen wants to go to jail if he fails to implement it. Then how can someone create a time based users in user-manager.

I want a user to browse the net, from 12:00pm till 9:00pm, daily or from 7am - 7pm from Monday till Friday.

Thanks