MikroTik App

riaanmaree
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Username without password using Hotspot

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 am

Sorry for asking before trying;

We would like to use Usermanager and Hotspot at various sites but generate vouchers. The vouchers will not be a username and password, but just a single 'voucher' field.

Would we be able to create users (random voucher numbers) in User Manager without passwords and edit the login HTML on Hotspot to only ask for the voucher/username and removing the password field?

I saw a previous post about not being able to create a batch of users without passwords. Have this been fixed? For preprinted vouchers we will use this and need the passwords to stay blank.

Any other recomendations on how to do our setup?

Thank you in advance

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Username without password using Hotspot

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:12 am

- AFAIK you cannot batch create blank passwords via the User Manager web interface. You can batch create users and then use a one line script from the command line to set the password to blank (or set the same password on all accounts)
- you'd edit the login.html for the Hotspot and make the password form field type hidden, and set the common password as a value.

riaanmaree
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 am

Thanks. That will work 100% for me.

Could you paste the HTML here to hide the password field if it has for example '12345' as the password?

Thank you

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:58 pm

<input name="password" type="password">

Find the line in the original login.html that contains that (the line will contain more key/value pairs for that field. Swap out the below leaving the other pairs intact:

<input name="password" type="hidden" value="12345">

riaanmaree
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks for the advice!

jamilrahim
just joined

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:30 am

Yes, it works like a charm.
But how to make it not to stop for user input for OK?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:53 pm

I'm not sure I understand the question. You have vouchers. The users will have to input the vouchers.

If you need a hotspot that doesn't ask for ANY credentials, you can do so, but must use the same credentials for every user. You simply create a Hotspot user with the user profile and other parameters you want and edit login.html to look like this:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=/login?username=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD" />
Edit: that will never show a login page. If you want a login page that logs the user in after 5 seconds, change the 0 in the content tab to the number of seconds to wait before auto-login and stuff that line into the 'head' section of a login.html showing whatever you want to show for a moment.

jamilrahim
just joined

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:33 am

Thanks fewi... 8)
It works like a charm.
This is what I am searching for.
Thanks again.

theviper0308
just joined

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:41 pm

- AFAIK you cannot batch create blank passwords via the User Manager web interface. You can batch create users and then use a one line script from the command line to set the password to blank (or set the same password on all accounts)
- you'd edit the login.html for the Hotspot and make the password form field type hidden, and set the common password as a value.
hye guru, can you teach this noobs how to do that?
thanks.. :(

nielsbos
just joined

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:44 pm

The solution here works just fine, but what about encryption? If I'm not mistaken, the MD5 with chap works only with the password, not the username. Anyone sniffing the WIFI would have instant access as they can see the username as plain text, allowing them to hijack. I'm facing the same issue, so I think only SSL/HTTPS would be an option here. If anyone has a solution, I'm very interested!!!

Cheers,
Niels

achillealb
just joined

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:38 pm

You can give the script o set the password to blank
thanks

hossam
just joined

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:10 am

I am from iraq i have r.b 912 suffering from it because the CCQ is not stable please help me

net4g
just joined

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi All

I have a hotspot wherein the first page login.html is for registration of new users, the user enters his details and chooses his username. the password is sent to him by email and sms.

My second page (login2.html) is our standard mikrotik login page format having fields for username and password.

At the end of the first registration page the user is redirected to the seond page by calling my.abc.com/login2.html

Till here it is working fine.

To avoid reentering the username i made the call as my.abc.com/login2.html?username=xyz@gmail.com

But this is not working. Kindly help.

Regards and thanks

drumme
just joined

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi All

I have a hotspot wherein the first page login.html is for registration of new users, the user enters his details and chooses his username. the password is sent to him by email and sms.

My second page (login2.html) is our standard mikrotik login page format having fields for username and password.

At the end of the first registration page the user is redirected to the seond page by calling my.abc.com/login2.html

Till here it is working fine.

To avoid reentering the username i made the call as my.abc.com/login2.html?username=xyz@gmail.com

But this is not working. Kindly help.

Regards and thanks
Hi. can you please send me your script? i need your exact setup here too. thanks. send to drumme2000@yahoo.com or paste it here.

adonato

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 am

Hello To All!!!.
Sorry por opening this post again but I found it by search box and I think was a great solution for me.

I have a small hotel with 10 rooms and I use Hotspot Login, but for do it more easy for my guess I would Like to use only a "pin" for login.
Today I have One user per Room with Shared 4 in user profile. That user created can be used for my guess in the room up to 4 devices.
So my idea it's remove username and password from login.html and only leave a PIN area to enter the pin and surf in the web.
But the problem it's that I have one user created for each room so I think the solution was to edit the login and hide the password area with value password 1234 and change the username area for PIN and there I can see every user in the winbox active and see everything for each user but the problem it's that username area will connect with mikrotik in plain text and that will be a security problem.

Have anyone any Idea?