Community discussions

MikroTik App

Should usermanager have subscription profiles that automatically renew/bill upon expiring?

Yes
8 (100%)
No
No votes

Total votes: 8

celestius
just joined
Topic Author

(1) Subscription profiles and (2) How to refund credits

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Well first thing's first, I'd like to say congratulations on a most excellent package that you all over at MikroTik have produced with the Usermanager. I am running a WISP that accepts user signups via a secure website that is currently being outsourced but we are looking to move this in house. We offer daily, weekly and, monthly plans and are going to be using authorize.net as our payment gateway. After installing Usermanager I have a couple of questions:

1) How do you setup recurring plans that automatically bill the user and renew their access to the service? I know that the client can login to the "https://routeraddress/user" page and purchase more credits once their current credit expires but we have many repeat users that like to have their accounts automatically renewed. The monthly users currently using our service are billed automatically every month on the day they signed up. Our weekly and daily users have their accounts automatically charged and renewed if they login after the plan has expired. We would like to have this functionality in Usermanager as well.

2) How do you refund a charge for unwanted/unsatisfactory service? Often times we have users that sign up but are unable to use the service due to range issues and need to be able to refund any charges to a user's credit card.

Thanks for any help in advance!

*edit*
I am using the 4.6 test package for usermanager. I have also checked for this info on http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... nt_methods but it does not say anything about refunds or subscriptions.

*edit 2*
BUMPED to get votes on topic. Please vote if you haven't already! Thanks!
Last edited by celestius on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

celestius
just joined
Topic Author

Re: (1) Subscription profiles and (2) How to refund credits

Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:43 am

I have confirmed with Mikrotik support that these options do not exist for usermanager. I have added a poll to see if other users would be interested in the subscription functionality.

Giepie

Re: (1) Subscription profiles and (2) How to refund credits

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi Celestius

I support your cause!

Thanks for the poll. G