Community discussions

MikroTik App

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

UserMan Tickets

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:05 am

I need help please, on how to generate and print out created user ID's for clients.

How can i generate multiples user ID's and print them all on an A4 paper?

I tried many times, but i found that, i can only print 3 id's to an A4 paper only... how can i make or export them to another application for easy printing?

Thank you

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: UserMan Tickets

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 pm

I sent VB code to MikroTik to print Tickets in a thermal recepipt printer.

It created unique IDs for the tags, recored them in a database as to which location they were for Etc.

It could be managed from one location, and print to ANY thermal ptinter it could see via a windows share. (printer)

IE: You could have a hotspot subscriber in LA, and the raduis server in NY. The Admin in NY creates a batch of tickets in the system for the LA office VIA usermanager in NY, the tickets print in LA and the serial numbers are recorded in the database in NY..

"The Boys" have the code. I suggested they make a plug in for the Dude or use it as a stand alone...

I dont know if it is on there slate of things to look at or not, but there it is..

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:52 am

It created unique IDs for the tags, recored them in a database as to which location they were for Etc.

It could be managed from one location, and print to ANY thermal ptinter it could see via a windows share. (printer)

IE: You could have a hotspot subscriber in LA, and the raduis server in NY. The Admin in NY creates a batch of tickets in the system for the LA office VIA usermanager in NY, the tickets print in LA and the serial numbers are recorded in the database in NY..

"The Boys" have the code. I suggested they make a plug in for the Dude or use it as a stand alone...

I dont know if it is on there slate of things to look at or not, but there it is..
Craig

Could you assist me with the vb code please? let me see how it work to sort this my problem of printing tickets.

magnusfrodell
just joined

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Could you send me the script please? magnus[dot]frodell[at]addpro[dot]se

andrescamino
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 am

There is a easier way...you can print it by taking your .csv and create some fields in Adobe InDesign and print 4 each A4 page...

that would be a lot easier than coding..besides you can make it look better

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:31 pm

I think this is a set back about the mikrotik os in terms of tickets generation in multiples since there is no simple and easy means of generating and printing many id's to an a4 paper...

I hope mikrotik gurus will do something about it?

Thanks all that assisted

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 pm

In short Im just reading the CSV file generated by UserManager using the Microsoft "Stream Reader" object. (VB 2008)

From there I insert the data to a local memory table, I then cycle thru the records and insert them into a perminant Access table file. The reasoning for all this table manupulation is to create a "serial number" for the ticket.

Once the serial number is obtained (I use an identity field in access) I cycle thru the local table, and using a reporting object (Data Dynamics "ActiveReports") I build the output page and sent it to the printer.

I store printer names, location prefixes Etc (As well as ticket history) in the same Access DB file..

It is about 100 lines of VB code in all..