MikroTik App

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

User Manager Problem When Using Multiple Interfaces

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:18 am

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that if the radius request comes in one interface of a user manager and back via a different one (circular routing) it is rejected no matter what?

To explain I have two RB1000's running v4.10 with the standard user manager. They are linked directly together and have two backhaul links (one each) to the main part of the network. So depending on OSPF conditions there may be circular routing in place.

I hope this is clear and I apologise if it has already come up - but I cannot think what to seach for in this forum!!

Regards

Malcolm

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: User Manager Problem When Using Multiple Interfaces

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:00 am

Maybe try making a bridge interface that has no ports associated with it, and assign an IP address to it. This emulates a loopback interface. Then use that as the source IP address for the RADIUS client, which has a parameter for that.
You may also be able to do the same thing for User Manager, though I don't know how.

I do not see how the packet path can be a problem, but if the source and destination IPs on request and reply don't match they would be rejected. Using a static loopback IP that is reachable via multiple links could solve that problem.

Jrslick22
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: User Manager Problem When Using Multiple Interfaces

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 am

Yes i have noticed this, i add both address for the router, the send and the return, it works but you will get multiple entries under the customers logging.