Community discussions

MikroTik App

clausme07
just joined
Topic Author

problem with adding 4000+ users in user manager

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:11 pm

I have an excel file with the fallowing fields user name password, first name, last name, location , phone no
My problem is how to import the xlx file into the user manager , or cvs file id does not matter , because i cannot manually input 4000 users it will take me allot of time and is counterproductive
I have pppoe server and user manager instaled.
I there a script or something to do this job : read the xls, i have read that someone done "this i created some excel file, and i generated command (with concatenate command) for adding every of user in user manager" "/tool user-manager user add username=adelina.avdic password=qk3421e subscriber=admin group=ucenici" but i have no idea how he has done it and i have mailed him and not responded can someone give me an example.
Thank you in advance for your help

behamoth2002
just joined

Re: problem with adding 4000+ users in user manager

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:56 pm

i think you in critical condition.. ha ha..

anyways u need for loop script to go through.. i think it can be done from CSV only..

You need to get script written from somewhere..

eneimi

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:31 pm

First off, what version of usermanager do you have running? I ask because some parameters may differ between version 3.x and version 4.x

You need a script file (e.g user.rsc) that mikrotik UM recognizes. Transfer it to your router files (copy and paste or use ftp) and then import from terminal (/import user.rsc).

You can use notepad to create and save a *.rsc file or you can use the one I attached as a template with the parameters I added and/or any other parameters your routeros version supports e.g phone, comment, first-name, last-name etc

You can ignore the first three lines (that start with #), routeros just adds those to tell you where the script file came from. You can even edit them out if you like.

Let's know if you need anything else.
user.rsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

clausme07
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:46 pm

i have router os v3.22 install with usermanager 3.22
i have this excel, i have also converted in cvs and uploaded here, but i do not understood what did you mean , how i can convert the whole file in order to add them all togeder not to manually add them.
Can you help me to operate do an example of the script according to my files
I am new to mikrotik and have no ideea how to do it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alessio Garavano

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 am

I can´t believe that! Mikrotik not have a good answer for theses stupids cases... at least a simple script to automatically charge users from another radius in CSV file or from the same router ppp secret or hotspot users...
If importing users from other database as a simple task, i now buying a License 6... but now in your same problem, i am looking to put another external radius... :(

mmmigoro

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:23 pm

This is a simple problem of search and replace in any text editor, you don't need a scripting language to accomplish that.
Here's how i did it:

I inserted a separator column (filled with a unique text) once every original column.
After that i saved the file as a csv file and opened with http://notepad-plus-plus.org/.
Then i consecutively search and replaced every separator text column with the ros commands in the right place, saved the file, and voila!
It can be used in terminal, or imported as a script, your choice. I also attached the csv file, just as example

De unde ești clausme07? ID-ul meu de messenger este același cu username-ul de pe forum, dacă vrei da-mi add, am si eu o rețea mai mica, poate vrei sa vorbim, schimbam cateva idei....