Community discussions

MikroTik App

Marrrr
just joined
Topic Author

How to Link external address to Radius Server

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi there,
Am an expert novice working for a WISP in Kenya. My current connection is as follows:

Internet---Switch---(Intrnet interface) MikrotikOS (hotspot interface)---AP
|
Radius Manager 3

So far, when our clients connect through the APs, they are immediately sent to the server for authetication and everything is dandy. My problem is I am connecting a client via a VLAN through the internet side of the Mikrotik and thus are not prompted with a login page. I am thinking should I place static route from that IP address to the Radius server or is it a problem of NATing?

Plus, who has hands-on knowledge of the best AP, be it sector or panels, which provide a large coverage area as well as penetrative power (especially)?
:( :( :(

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to Link external address to Radius Server

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:10 pm

You might try installing another hotspot on the vlan interface. I have not tried it with VLANs, but I install multiple hotspots on VAPs with no problems.

Marrrr
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks Surftim. Only one problem with your solution, our office network connects to that interface so I can't quite do that. What I would like to know is how do i forward an address e.g. 172.168.50.1/30 to an internal address 192.168.50.21?

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:43 pm

You can bypass the office computers through the hotspot. If they are static ip assignments
/ip hotspot ip-binding
add address=x.x.x.x/y type=bypassed
You can bypass the office computer mac addresses instead (use "mac-address" instead) if you use dhcp.