Community discussions

MikroTik App

maxeschm
Topic Author

SQL type of Usermanager

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi at all,

does anybody know which sql software the usermanager use.

rg,
maxeschm

maxeschm
Topic Author

Re: SQL type of Usermanager

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 am

Hi at all,

now i know its SQLite 3 but it seems that the backup file is encrypted. Is it?

rg,
maxeschm

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm

It is not possible to get User Manager data from database file.

shavvox
just joined

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 am

Hmm. You said it is not possible to get data from user manager database.

Is there anyway?

I am working on a developement project for a time-share resort with vb.net and installing their wifi network (using all Mikrotik of course). My client would like their guests to have free wifi during their stay and others around the resort to be able to use the network but pay via hotspot.

I would like to have the ability to automatically create new login id and password (account in user manager from my app) for their guests once they make a reservation and retrieve that information from user manager to store in my external database. That way when the guest checks in they get their username and password printed on their registration card. I could do that if I knew the best way to interface with user manager from my vb app.

I am hired to write a custom app to eliminate business processes and not create new ones. Plus the staff at the resort are technically challenged.

So, is there a way I can interface with user manager? I see the API and it appears I can do everything from there. Is that correct?

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:14 pm

You should be able to do that. I do the same with FreeRADIUS, except I interface directly with the SQL database using php. You would be using the functions in "/tool user-manager" instead.

shavvox
just joined

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:59 pm

That what I was thinking. I don't have access to a user manager this weekend to check it out but I will post in the next week or two to disclose what I find.

biz2240
just joined

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:17 am

That what I was thinking. I don't have access to a user manager this weekend to check it out but I will post in the next week or two to disclose what I find.
I know the database file is in SQLite 3 format I'm able to transfert the file SQLdb to my hardrive and browse it. But I need to directly acces it from my .net program. Any idea?

biz2240
just joined

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:35 pm

I know the database file is in SQLite 3 format I'm able to transfert the file SQLdb to my hardrive and browse it. But I need to directly acces it from my .net program. Any idea?
I have made progress, I'm reading and writing without any problem from my VB.net application to the sqldb database. The only problem I still got is that usermanager seem to refresh the database. I think there is to version of the database. One is save on ROM and one seem to be load in memory. I make my change and they are in the file SQLDB but I need to enter in the web interface of userman make a change to make my change "active". Is this releated to some Timestamps :? in the database? Is there a command to force reload of the SQLDB in memory?