Community discussions

MikroTik App

awayand
just joined
Topic Author

wpa2 authentication via radius explained

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I have tried to setup wpa2 authentication via radius after I realized that the captive portal solution via "open" Access Point would be impossible due to arp spoofing tools like netcut.

Unfortunately, I am not getting anywhere, can someone please explain how to set this up properly? I have pretty much exhausted my searches and can't believe I am the only one with this problem. Essentially what I am trying to do is the following:

User gets password created via usermanager
user connects to wpa2-secured hotspot with password
router realizes this is the first time the user connected with this password->mac gets matched to password as a login/pw-pair
router realizes this is not the first time->mac-lookup to see if the login/pw-pair match

I am basically trying to use radius/usermanager to generate accounts that can connect via wpa2.

Is there maybe a script that would allow me to add the unknown mac automatically to the usermanager, generate a password and mail the two to an email-address for example?

thanks a lot in advance for your insight, any other options/setups you have in place with similar objective would be highly welcome!

dsyefria
just joined

Re: wpa2 authentication via radius explained

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:55 pm

I don't think userman will work with wpa2 encryption. So if you want to use wpa2+radius you'll setup your own radius