Community discussions

MikroTik App

xins
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

how to add user ip address to address list in ROS with UM?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:56 am

Hi,
while i was looking over radius support i have seen that i can add user ip address to address list by using option mikrtik:19.

is there a way to do that with user manager? or is it possible to add this address of user to a list on diffrent RB then the request was from?

it would be nice because im using pcq based QoS and address list so now with UM i have to add manulay ip address to specific list evry time i create new client. also im using one RB to shape the traffic but many routers with pppoe servers so adding ip address to this one router always would be osome.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: how to add user ip address to address list in ROS with U

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

I haven't tried it, but the entry is there in UM (with V4.16). Under the "Users" tab, there is an entry for Address List. As I recall, the address list can only be used with certain radius clients, and the hotspot is not one of them.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:30 pm

I tried it a while back with Hotspots and it worked. Hopefully they haven't removed that. It can be really, really useful.

If you need to carry decisions on packets over to other routers use DSCP/ToS. Write a policy of what a value means in your network, apply the correct mark on ingress into your network, and set it back to default values on egress when you send to your ISP. It is, more or less, what that header field is for.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:53 pm

@fewi: You are correct. The address-list parameter works with the hotspot. I tried it with FreeRADIUS a long time ago, and it would not work. I think maybe I had not installed it in my FreeRADIUS dictionary.

ADD: I have some old stuff. I can not get the address-list parameter to work with V3.x.

neandero
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 pm

In a network with multiple routerboards all routed using OSPF, I am not able to manually enter IP for each user, else as soon as a user logs in, no pages can load anymore not even the status page of hotspot.

so if there is a solution, i would love to know. it will help me out in many ways if i can set user's IP after loged in in Usermanager, so the user will always get that ip.

xins
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Thx guys.

You made me to look for it and i find it in profile limitations constraints.