neandero
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hotspot - DHCP - UM to Provide IP

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Hello,

Well, I can't wait to ask this question with a new topic: :(

In my network, there are many routers, here and there, each covering an area of the town its stationed.

Multiple sectors are connected to multiple Radios running on one Router. Towers are repeated across town.
everything is connected wirelessly, and all routers are using OSPF as routing protocol.
each sector provide it's own IP scheme, such: 10.100.*.*; 10.201.*.*; 10.90.*.* and so on.
all the routers are then connected to one main router which reside in it "User Manager". holds user info, and all routers
use Hotspot to communicate with this main router to allow users to log in and use the services.

now, on the main router running "User Manager", i must always leave out the IP as 0.0.0.0, for each user created,
and if anything i put in, users will no longer be able to use internet.

under dhcp server for interfaces of all routers, there is the "Use Radius", i did that but still no help.
under radius services, as it has "hotspot" selected, I added dhcp also, but that did not help either.

so, I now ask, what should i do so can assign an ip for user from user manager, discarding any ip the user will get through
router's dhcp?

thanks,