MikroTik App

gatgan
just joined
Topic Author

Userman OS 5.0 Migration Problem

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:42 am

Hi All

I use RB433 and RB750.
I have problem migrating userman from ROS 4.6 to ROS 5.0 . The Credit in 4.6 getting converted blank in limitation of version 5.0 , Profile in version 5.0 is all blank. I cannot Create New User with this blank Profile. Please advice what should we do to migrate my userman from ROS 4.6 to ROS 5.0.
Existing vouchers behave very strange,as All of them get unlimit till-time, Profile cannot be added to users,Actual Profile All Blank.
And not yet use vouchers cannot login. Please Help

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Userman OS 5.0 Migration Problem

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi gatgan,

Although I'm not by any means familiar with user manager I would normally suggest waiting a couple of versions before upgrading to v5 as there are always new features and things to test before rolling straight out to your active sites.

This thread might also be of some interest to you: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50908

Sorry I can't be of more help.

gatgan
just joined
Topic Author

Sun May 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Omega,
I just keep on waiting for months, and finally they release ROS 5.4.
Unfortunately, the userman upgrade remains the same.
No Upgrade, start from scratch !! it is totally different format and logic of user manager.
Some field is un-access....

Any idea on how to delete orphan vouchers in 5.4 as easy as in v4.x as below

>/tool user-manager user remove [find credit-left=0s];
/tool user-manager session remove [find subscriber=admin]

I can't find the similar credit-left of v.4.x in the v.5.4

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

interpoint
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi,

We really need an easy way to migrate from OLD UM to NEW UM.

The OLD UMv4 will not run on the new ROS v5.xx

Latest hardware devices manufactured by MT will only run on ROS v5.xx (RB1200, RB1100AH etc)

So, when you upgrade hardware you get an instant and major problem with the UM that was working perfectly. Basicially you are screwed...

The result is that I have maintained seperate hardware to run the UM and linked it via a /30 address in the Radius Config. (not very nice but it works), at least the new hardware board is doing all the hard work.

There is no problem installing a new site with a blank database but this is not reality.

I need a simple migration tool that converts the database and sets/implements a default UM profile into the old data ready to import.

This important issue and is forcing us to use / look for old hardware to operate with ROS 4.17. This old & powerful hardware is getting more and more difficult to source.

Please MT fix this and make a conversion tool.