Community discussions

MikroTik App

bwigham
Topic Author

Primary Key problems

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that the new 5.1 image doesn't have this bug and that PayPal payments are working ok.?

I'm running UM test package on ROS ver 4.16 and I'm getting a number of primary key errors stating that it's not unique.

If I do a restart it resolves it for a few hours, but that means kicking people off. I seen a post regarding rebuilding the database and tried this last night, but it corrupted the database and I lost everything. I know not to do this again without making backups and taking snapshots of the VM.

Thanks,

Barry.

bwigham
Topic Author

Re: Primary Key problems

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 pm

It's happening nearly everytime I try and manually add an account. Once I restart ROS I can add ok. Not good.

bwigham
Topic Author

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:45 pm

I've sent of an email to support about the primary key issue, but still no reply.

I'm now getting errors logging into the user account pages on userman website too.

If I click the page numbers, 1,2,3 etc.. I'll get to a page number and get the message below, I can't access again without rebooting the UM.

I think I've narrowed it down to this account 'name="carson15\00\00\00" password=\password' I don't know why there's backslashes in it as his account should be 'carson15952'.

I also restarted a 450G and it's cpu shot to 100% and on the UM server I was getting this message 'Manager error info failed to change session: columns acctSessionId, ipRouter,nasPort are not unique' I've now had to disable the hotspot and give everyone free access until I get a fix.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Barry.

The following client application error has occurred:

---------------------------------
Cannot process ServerMessage (Phase 1)

Error Name: TypeError
Error Message: librariesElement is null
---------------------------------

Please contact your server administrator.

mdminfo
just joined

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:07 am

hi,

I had similar problems with primary key.
Many write errors, reading errors and timeouts.
But my database is apparently still OK.

This is not good. What I can do.

Our usermanager is running on RB 1000 with 600 customers.

mdminfo

bwigham
Topic Author

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi mdminfo,

I've updated my UM to 5.1 and everything went ok, but I had to manually add my users again as the database was corrupt and I had to restore to a point that wasn't.

It seemed to run fine all of today, but I just tried to manually add a user and am still getting the 'primary key' error.. :(

If I restart the UM it will probably let me add a user, but I'm worried about corrupting the database..

I think I am going to have to look for another solution as beta testing software for Mikrotik in a live situation is not good.

I also found that if you select to add more credit and then cancel the paypal, the credit gets added anyways.

Thanks,

Barry.

mdminfo
just joined

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:19 am

I am using V 5.1
I also found that if you select to add more credit and then cancel the paypal, the credit gets added anyways.
Yes, true - this is very bad! A very BIG, BIG BUG.
Disable "Accept pending" in PaymentSetup has no effect.

UserManager V 5.1 has many fault and is not yet stable.
When many users are online, i must reboot regularly the RB1000.

The login to manage user is not always possible.

If you have found alternative, tell me, I will change the user management.

mdminfo

bwigham
Topic Author

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 am

Wish I had one...

Gonna have a look at it, but we're stuck at the moment because we trusted this system to go live and our season has started where we supply internet.

I have looked at Radius Manager, but the time plans don't work the way I need them. If a customer purchases a 24hr plan they can use that 24hr plan over a week or more until it runs out. The only way it works they way I need it, is if I use IAS accounts which generates random usernames and passwords. Which I originally thought would be a nightmare for the customer, but this system is WORSE.

Moan over :)